I'm 41 and my Telomeres are 5.65

Discussion of the 2009 Noble Prize in Medicine, focusing on substances that reduce telomere shortening by activating the human telomerase enzyme

Moderator: ofonorow

Tanja1975

I'm 41 and my Telomeres are 5.65

Post Number:#1  Post by Tanja1975 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:36 am

I just got Telomere results. I'm 41 and my Telomere result is 5.6. I think getting the results just shortened my Telomeres by few extra scores. I'm in shock. Can anyone help me interpreting results? Any help is appreciated!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: I'm 41 and my Telomeres are 5.65

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:57 am

What company did the test?

How is your health?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Tanja1975

Post Number:#3  Post by Tanja1975 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:19 am

I did SpectraCell lab. I'm at 4 % relative to my age and population. I'm horrified. I'm trying to read at what biological age I am but can't really understand the graph. Am I like 60 or 70 year old?
Health has been problematic had appendectomy last year and since then got Hashimotos. Have had insomnia for years. I just cant stop crying over this. I think this test should not be distributed to people in mail. It should sort of be like HIV testing...Very traumatic for me. Entirely unethical.
I wonder how many people who are my age get tested for it? It's usually older population. Could that skewed results.
Thank you for your reply.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:32 am

First, this is news to me - that SpectraCell does Telomere testing. (Maybe this is why I never hear about this company?)

So do you have thinning gray hair and other obvious signs of aging (as in progeria?)

I know that Bill Andrews (Author of Curing Aging) said that Life Length (out of Spain) has the most accurate telomere testing.

I know it is not cheap, but since this is affecting you, I would suggest getting a Life Length telomere test. (Where do you live?).

Another lower cost option is a new company that is now offering an $85 telomere test - probably saliva. (This would allow you to at least compare with the SpectraCell result, and if a conflict, ask for your money back from SpectraCell.)

People have heard the advertisements for the new test in the USA.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:14 am

We have purchased 2 teloyear tests. They say the kit comes in a week - it didn't.

We are having Life Length testing next week (to see if the IV invention really works and to verify results).

The two of us who have had the IVs will also have the teloyear tests.

If the tests line up, at the very least, we will be able to use the lower cost teloyear testing to monitor progress.

Teloyears says that it is a company founded by one of the Nobel Prize winners.. And the idea is good. It is blood prick test, like taking blood sugar measurement.

Our real focus is on the 69 year-old man, who was around 69 for 3 tests, but the last test put him around 59, or an equivalent of ten years of Telomere growth. If that measurement holds up, hopefully on both tests, we will obviously be quite excited. (However, he did another low cost Saliva test, and they put him back at his age - or 69)

So if Life Length puts him back to his age - then they have some splainin to do!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Tanja1975

Post Number:#6  Post by Tanja1975 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:29 am

How is age calculated using Telomere score?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:03 am

My guess is that the algorithm is based on the averages of people scores of a certain age.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Telomeres”