OUR GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT WITH LIFE LENGTH TELOMERE TESTING

Discussion of the 2009 Noble Prize in Medicine, focusing on substances that reduce telomere shortening by activating the human telomerase enzyme

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

OUR GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT WITH LIFE LENGTH TELOMERE TESTING

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:04 am

Disappointment is a gross understatement. In our experience, Life Length telomere test (length) results, other than those where the biological age is roughly equivalent to the chronological (real) age, are BOGUS :evil: :evil:

After more than 2 years, of the 3 "spectacular" results we thought we had during our TrifecTA (liposomal cycloastragenol) study http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11815 where we utilized the very expensive Life Length telomere testing, 2 tests have been found to be BOGUS, and we suspect the third "fantastic result" is also BOGUS.

For example, these are the Life Length results from the same person over 2 years.

USIL010005 04-08-2015 Est. Bio Age. 71.1 ( CHRON 68.4 )

USIL016001 09-22-2015 Bio. Age 71.3 (CHRON 68.7 )

USIL016007 04-06-2016 Est. Bio 72.7 (CHRON 69.2 )

**** USIL016014 10-07-16 Est Bio 59.1 (CHRON 69.8 ) *** The problem report - sent us on a wild goose chase.

USIL016010 03-10-2017 Est. Bio 79.6 (CHRON 70.2 )

We asked Life Length how the October 2016 test could have been so far off? After blaming us for a possible sample "mixup", Life Length wanted us to pay to test the DNA (to determine whether the sample was from the same person, or in fact, had been mixed up.)

Life Length wrote:We do NOT perform DNA testing routinely in the lab. It is the doctor’s responsibility to keep careful records regarding the submission of patient samples since we are blind to the underlying individual. If you want us to perform DNA tests to verify if patient 010 and 014 are the same, I will speak to the lab and get the cost of doing this and, if you approve it, we can do it. Let me know if you want to do this. Otherwise, my only recommendation is that you discard result 014 because it appears that you have erroneously associated this with this patient.

The problem with this bogus result being our fault, is that all the other blood drawn at the same time was correct. The fact that they could be so wrong has not bothered them, they assure us they are a "certified" lab.

Life Lenght wrote:There is nothing more to investigate on my end. We are a CLIA certified / ISO 15189 laboratory. Our results are accurate.

The second anomaly is from our Medical Doctor.

USIL011002 4-20-2015 Bio 65.1 (Chron 64.8 )

***USILL011003 11-20-2015 Biio 60.8 (Chron 65.3 ) (***reported improvement of 5 years in 7 months)

USIL010009 03-27-2017 Bio 62.7 (Chron 66.8 )

Although not has far off, this still sent us on a wild-research-goose chase thinking we may have found something that quickly lengthen telomeres.

Our conclusion at this point is that Life Length testing (originally cost us $500 per test plus the $300 doctor's fee) is not suitable for a telomere length study. The error is potentially too great and the tests are too expensive to immediately repeat.

We are waiting to re-test the third "Fantastic" result, and if it too was erroneous we will be putting out a press release and asking their Accreditor how this could happen.

TELOYEARS

We are evaluating the new Teloyears tests which are about 1/4 the cost, do not require a blood draw (more like a glucose finger-prick test), and in my case, these far less expensive tests were IDENTICAL with my latest Life Length test (i.e., my bio age equals my chron age.) We have a couple of TELOYEAR tests outstanding, and if they line up, we have a far less expensive method of evaluating whether telomeres can be lengthened. Although we are running out of ideas! (Dr. Park's telomeres did not lengthen until and during year 3, so we have not lost all hope, but it does seem doubtful at this point.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Telomeres”