someone else said grey hair cause CAD

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

zarfas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

someone else said grey hair cause CAD

Post Number:#1  Post by zarfas » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:31 pm

You guys know from my sage brew grey hair treatment that anti-inflammatories (probably) seem to have success against grey hair. Peroxide levels are supposedly the culprit and so this makes sense. More evidence of this was indicated in this recent study where grey/white hair is tied to heart disease, i.e. inflammation may be the root cause of both:

http://www.worldhealth.net/news/grey-ha ... t-disease/

"Gray Hair May Predict Heart Disease

Posted on April 11, 2017, 6 a.m. in Cardio-Vascular Diagnostics Skin-Hair

Research reveals a link between men with gray hair may and a heightened risk of heart disease.

Gray Hair May Predict Heart Disease

Most people associate gray hair with the natural aging process. However, new research indicates that gray hair might mean more than the fact that one is aging. Research made public at the recent EuroPrevent 2017 event links the presence of gray hair to a heightened risk of heart disease in men. This is not to say that every man who has gray hair is at risk of a heart attack. Yet it seems as though the graying of hair and atherosclerosis have similar mechanisms like oxidative stress, senescence of functional cells, DNA repair, hormonal changes and inflammation. Additional research is necessary to determine the cutaneous signs of risk that could help medical professionals take preventive action early on in the cardiovascular disease process.

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: someone else said grey hair cause CAD

Post Number:#2  Post by TommyTurtle » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:41 pm

Could be something in that. My hair started grating in my twenties. I've had white hair since my mid forties. Although my CRP levels very low. Always have had very high cholesterol, whether or not that is indicative or causative of inflammation. Also high ferritin and homocysteine

zarfas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by zarfas » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:12 am

TommyTurtle wrote:Could be something in that. My hair started grating in my twenties. I've had white hair since my mid forties. Although my CRP levels very low. Always have had very high cholesterol, whether or not that is indicative or causative of inflammation. Also high ferritin and homocysteine

yeah the idea that grey hair has anything to do with LPA levels is laughable

The question is, "does someone with heart diease always have high LPA?

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by TommyTurtle » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:02 pm

You wonder why Lp(a) testing is not part of the regular cholesterol panel test. It's not expensive and far more predictive than LDL / TC. Also doctors are reluctant to do CT scans. Also not expensive if considered from a preventative angle

Purely coincidental that big pharma make a motza by keeping the focus on LDL / TC and keeping statins as the #1 selling drug. They truly are concerned for our wellbeing and making money is just a happy by-product

zarfas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by zarfas » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:40 am

TommyTurtle wrote:You wonder why Lp(a) testing is not part of the regular cholesterol panel test. It's not expensive and far more predictive than LDL / TC. Also doctors are reluctant to do CT scans. Also not expensive if considered from a preventative angle

Purely coincidental that big pharma make a motza by keeping the focus on LDL / TC and keeping statins as the #1 selling drug. They truly are concerned for our wellbeing and making money is just a happy by-product

cause MDs have no meds to sell you that lower LPA
they have tons of meds to sell you to lower choloestrol

MRIS are safe--no radiation
CTS arent--radiation
beware MDs who say use CTs
http://content.time.com/time/health/art ... 63,00.html

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by TommyTurtle » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:34 am

Can an MRI give a calcium score like a CT scan?

zarfas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by zarfas » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:06 pm

TommyTurtle wrote:Can an MRI give a calcium score like a CT scan?

SURE
Of course, the MRI scan, which is not only superior in every diagnostic sense but has the added benefit of being completely harmless and radiation-free

the reason why hospitals use CT is because money
insurance companies don't deny CT scan claims
many MDs have an office CT scanner, this is the big reason why CT scanners are used

Unlike CT scans, which use X-rays, MRI scans use powerful magnetic fields and radio frequency pulses to produce detailed pictures of organs, soft tissues, bone and other internal body structures. Differences between normal and abnormal tissue is often clearer on an MRI image than a CT

MRIS
Cardiac MRI is wonderful for assessing patients with heart disease. Most tests are performed in 30 minutes. MRI does not use ionizing radiation. Many studies don’t even require an injection. Others (such as perfusion and viability imaging) require a small injection of gadolinium contrast.

A cardiac MRI exam may consist of evaluating one or more of the above categories, depending on the needs of the patient.

http://mrict.com/HeartScan_Cardiac_MRI.asp

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by TommyTurtle » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Thanks Zarfas, I'll be requesting an MRI next time

zarfas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by zarfas » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:02 pm

TommyTurtle wrote:Thanks Zarfas, I'll be requesting an MRI next time

sure man

and
as silly as it seems, I "learn" a lot from cracked.com" they have references that support what they make fun of

sorta like the tv show," adman ruins everything" both the site and show find the truth in misconceptions people have

look at #5
http://www.cracked.com/article_18840_5- ... th-it.html

TommyTurtle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by TommyTurtle » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:09 pm

Good article. True, our hospitals and doctors are heavily influenced / motivated by the most profitable procedure. I've been looking for the MRI procedure which measures calcium but all searches come back with CT scans. Can you point me to a website or article? Thx

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by hvc » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:47 pm

I had a CTA scan and wanted to get an MRI the next year as a follow up. If I remember correctly they told me that I had too much calcium to be able to see blockages using the MRI.

zarfas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by zarfas » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:05 am

hvc wrote:I had a CTA scan and wanted to get an MRI the next year as a follow up. If I remember correctly they told me that I had too much calcium to be able to see blockages using the MRI.

too much calcium? in your bones?
or in your arteries?
sounds shady as heck
but they wouldnt LIE to you, right?>

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#13  Post by hvc » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:05 am

arteries.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#14  Post by jimmylesante » Mon May 01, 2017 11:36 pm

I think it is called an MRA scan.

zarfas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#15  Post by zarfas » Sun May 14, 2017 5:51 am

jimmylesante wrote:I think it is called an MRA scan.

good call
thx
A magnetic resonance angiogram (MRA) is a type of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan that uses a magnetic field and pulses of radio wave energy to provide pictures of blood vessels inside the body.
http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/magn ... iogram-mra

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”