Where are all the people getting cured by Vitamin C

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Where are all the people getting cured by Vitamin C

Post Number:#16  Post by francisunderwood » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Why does this forum put up with so many trolls? Its astounding to me the number of them. I think some might even respond to themselves.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#17  Post by guitarplayer007 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:49 pm

francisunderwood wrote:Why does this forum put up with so many trolls? Its astounding to me the number of them. I think some might even respond to themselves.

Are you talking about me?

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#18  Post by skwoodwiva » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:50 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote:
pamojja wrote:
guitarplayer007 wrote:I'll give til April 1st which will be a 12 months, if my calcium score hasn't decreased then we know it was a total failure.

There was one forum called 'TrackYourPlaque' by Cardiologist Dr. Davis, which specifically measured their calcium score for assessing their progression or reversal from approaches taken. Too bad not many here get calcium scores, so we can't really know how Pauling Therapy broadly fares in this respect.

I do know that even with the standard of care (statins, etc) coronary calcium grows at about 30% yearly rate. At TrackYourPlaque the most common experience was that CAC score decelerated first, lets say to 20% the first year, 10% the second year. And in Dr. Davis own clinical experience in his patients - with a deceleration below 15% per year - he never saw an adverse event. Real reversal in the sense of decreasing CAC, that is very rare indeed. Maybe 1 in a hundred at TrackYourPlaque.

Medically even deceleration of CAC score is a thing impossible. Your determination for fool's day is really a joke.

Plant based Dr.s get actual reversal as measured though pet scans and angioplasty. I may have to go that root again although I prefer meat but if I don't see reversal when I do my calcium score in April I'll have to go plant based. And like I said you rarely see people on here saying YES my angina is gone,

PT with niacin IS working for me.
It raised my EF and am near normal. No angina.
Do you take niacin?
It pairs effectively with PT.
I take 7 gr IR with my 6 to 8 dosings a day 25 gr AA.

Here is a quote of Dr Hoffer.
"It is possible the beneficial effect of niacin is not due to the cholesterol effect but is due to a more basic mechanism. Are elevated cholesterol levels and arteriosclerosis both the end result of a more basic metabolic disturbance still not identified? If it were entirely an effect arising from lowered cholesterol levels, why did Clofibrate not have the same beneficial effect? An enumeration of some other properties of niacin may one day lead to this basic metabolic fault. Niacin has a rapid anti sludging effect. Sludged blood is present when the red blood cells clump together. They are not able to traverse the capillaries as well, as they must pass through in single file. This means that tissues will not receive their quota of red blood cells and will suffer anoxemia. Niacin changes the properties of the red cell surface membrane so that they do not stick to each other. Tissues are then able to get the blood they need. Niacin acts very quickly. Niacin increases healing, as it did with my gums. Perhaps it has a similar effect on the damaged intima of blood vessels."
From http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultima ... 039920;p=0
About mid thread.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#19  Post by exitium » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:10 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:You're wrong, when the arteries heal the plaque is supposed to be released back into the blood according the tests Dr. Rath. Otherwise you wouldn't get relief from angina if the plaque didn't get reduced. Are you sure your talking about heart disease. I saw you mention joint pain?

There are various "types" of plaque. Those that are largely calcified will not be as subject to the effects of Vit C as those low in calcification and in turn less likely to fall away. If the tissue of the arteries is heavily calcified the plaque is literally embedded in the arterial walls even if the walls are healed by the addition of vit C.

The joint pain was directly related to your question about people being "cured". You didnt specify what "cure" was or specifically related to, ambiguous questions get ambiguous answers.

At the end of the day, if you're not happy with your results, stop your supps and just listen to your doc. Clearly, no one here knows what the hell they are talking about anyway so just belly up to the prescription trough and enjoy your deteriorating health while you can.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#20  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:41 am

Well I do take a statin, so basically your saying if you have calcification which I'm sure most people who turn to protocol are screwed.then and won't be helped by the vitamin c theory. You see most people who have angina have a lot of calcium in the arteries like I fo. Like I stated I will get another calcium score in April which will be 12 months on high dose vitamin C . BTW why are you such an censored?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#21  Post by ofonorow » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:55 pm

We have repeated over and over - calcified tissues are not addressed by the pauling therapy. Calcified arteries are caused by a vitamin K deficiency, most of the time, induced by the drugs given heart patients.
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#22  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:02 pm

OK I've been taking vitamin K2 since April, but how much is the question. I take 2 capsules of super K with advanced K2 comolex. I'm realizing this vitamin C isn't the panacea I thought it was for people with advanced cvd. I'm realizing there might not be a cure or at least some reversal for me. It's obviously a lot more complex then just taking vitamin c.

Thanks for your help

Ken

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#23  Post by francisunderwood » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:31 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote:OK I've been taking vitamin K2 since April, but how much is the question. I take 2 capsules of super K with advanced K2 comolex. I'm realizing this vitamin C isn't the panacea I thought it was for people with advanced cvd. I'm realizing there might not be a cure or at least some reversal for me. It's obviously a lot more complex then just taking vitamin c.

Thanks for your help

Ken

Is it more complex than just taking the c? Yes, it is. PT is not just C.

Thanks

Francis

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#24  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:35 pm

You know I'm taking all supplements that are in his book

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#25  Post by francisunderwood » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:38 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote:You know I'm taking all supplements that are in his book

Are you certain? From reading your posts it doesn't seem like you are.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#26  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:40 pm

Yes probably more in fact

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#27  Post by francisunderwood » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:46 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote:Yes probably more in fact

What about coq10?

Do you still get erections in the mornings?

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#28  Post by exitium » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:22 am

guitarplayer007 wrote: BTW why are you such an censored?

It gets frustrating when people claim to want to know and understand for the betterment of their health yet continually ignore the relatively same information that's provided to them over and over.
You selectively pick and chose what to put relevance on and ignore the rest of the important stuff then keep asking the same thing. You clearly arent doing any additional research of your own and just want to argue the few things you cling to as knowledge.

At this point, multiple people have told you that paulng therapy is designed to heal arterial damage by promoting collagen synthesis and in turn cholesterol free the bound cholesterol that is acting as a bandage on the arterial wall and does nothing for calcification. I also told you that not all "plaque" is the same, it can have a different makeup based on the nutritional status of the individual in question. You stated flat out and unequivocally stated that I was wrong yet you dont even entertain the idea that not all plaque is equal, not all is calcium based. Additionally, calcification of soft tissue can occur regardless of the vit C status of a person. At the end of the day you are trying to use a screwdriver to pound a nail and wondering why it's not working.

I will also add, since you claim you are taking ALL the supplements "in his book", that not all supplements are created equal. I have used supps from highly respected companies and got no change in my lab scores yet once I switched to a different brand my labs showed an increase. Dont just assume since your taking supps that the brand in question is working for you or working ideally. Just like not all drugs affect everyone the same some supps (brand and type) work better for some than others.

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#29  Post by confused1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:01 am

Also, something sounds unusual about his case. He gets angina in his face and legs but not his heart or chest. This may be a clue but I'm no doctor.
I read the article you posted about K2. Very interesting and if calcification is the problem, it would seem higher intakes of K2 would be the answer, along with A and D as they work synergistically. At any rate, stopping vitamin c would seem counterproductive.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#30  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:11 am

I'm not going to stop taking Vitamin C. Getting Angina in my face and jaw is not unusual, many people get pain in their shoulder, arm, jaw. At this point I don't think the pain I had for 1 day in my calf was blockage related since it only happened once . I'll be doing another Calcium scan in April 2018 to see if there's been any change, that will be 12 months. In addition I'm going to start taking Liposomal.

K

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”