Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) - The Anti-Fat Vitamin?

Focus on Hong Kong Dr. Leung's vitamin B5 discovery that megadoses of pantothenic acid maintain metabolism of a calorie deficit, leading to sustained weight loss without hunger, weakness or ketosis

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

sammy12345
Contributor
Contributor

deleted

Post Number:#121  Post by sammy12345 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:01 pm

/
Last edited by sammy12345 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) - The Anti-Fat Vitamin?

Post Number:#122  Post by ofonorow » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:37 am

Interesting. Somewhere in this long thread is the link to the doctor using pantethine for acne, (versus the original paper by Leung). As it was explained to me, by a biochemist, pantethine is a more complete CoA precursor, so the body has to do less work to convert it into CoA.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sammy12345
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#123  Post by sammy12345 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:46 am

/
Last edited by sammy12345 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#124  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:56 am

Again, clinical pantathine use would say otherwise...

So here is a poor picture (I hope to improve) from a book THE WONDERFUL WORLD WITHIN YOU by Roger J Williams. It shows the same strain of microorganism, yeast, but the bottom two photos are the yeast after a "nutritional enhancement."

The ingredient that promoted this difference turned out to be pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) which was unknown at the time these photos were taken.

Note: Roger J. Williams is credited with the discovery of vitamin B5, and these photos may indicate why he pursued this...
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#125  Post by ofonorow » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:05 pm

B5 (anti ketosis) product updates for those who are interested.

B5 meal replacement brownies were a good idea, but did not work out. Too much B5 (plus other nutrition) to make them palatable over a long period.

We are coming out with a B5 Fat-Burning Drink Mix with a formula based on our old Ascorbade product. (Which was something like Tower's Ascorsine-9 on steroids). The new B5 drink will add orthomolecular amounts of vitamin B5, so that no only dieters (a hard market to crack), this product should appeal to body builders. Ascorbade users reported "extra energy" (e.g. the ability to do more reps) during workouts, and this effect on young men was consistent. Body builders will be able to take off the fat without ketosis :-)

We are also introducing a liposomal B5 that will hope will be as wondrous as our liposomal vitamin C... For avoiding ketosis, i.e., efficient fat burning, and everything else coenzyme A is good for.

On another front, we are working on a magical vitamin C anti-aging, anti-wrinkle and skin rejuvenation cream that we hope will create a sensation. I am not going to give everything away, but as usual, our vitamin C will not be Chinese, and the product solves the problem of vitamin C breaking down by 40% in hours (in solution). The vitamin C should be stable for 18 months, etc.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#126  Post by ofonorow » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:28 pm

The liposomal B5 Fat Burning Technology product is now available.
https://inteligentvitaminc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8

Based on Leung's paper

We believe this product may allow dieters to burn body fat more efficiently (i.e. without ketosis) when also on a 1000 calorie per day diet.

See:

A Stone that Kills two Birds: How Pantothenic Acid Unveils the Mysteries of Acne Vulgaris and Obesity Department of Surgery. Hong Kong Central Hospital. Hong Kong Lit-Hung Leung. M.D. Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine Vol. 12, No. 2, 1997)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#127  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:26 am

bump (Moving to a new Orthomolecular Fat Burnning Forum near the bottom)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Blue09
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#128  Post by Blue09 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:36 am

Did any of you suffer hairloss from megadosing b5? Myself and many others have suffered badly.

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#129  Post by johnjackson » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:56 pm

Blue09 wrote:Did any of you suffer hairloss from megadosing b5? Myself and many others have suffered badly.

but did you lose all your fat? :lol:
/www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154.php

medcraveonline.com/JCCR/JCCR-09-00341.php

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/lipoprotein_a.html

Blue09
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#130  Post by Blue09 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:28 pm

Haha we used b5 for acne on another forum. Never heard of it being used as a fat loss supplement either, I didn't have any fat too lose :P been trying to gain weight my whole life

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#131  Post by ofonorow » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:37 am

Somewhere, in this post or the fat loss forum, I conceded that while it is possible to lose weight on a high-fat (e.g. keto-like diet) that I was wrong about weight loss. That didn't mean that john jackson - the center of the "metabolism" argument - is or was right!

(Moving a discussion from an other post about Ester-C)

john jackson wrote:I went thru this SAME BS with the HRT forum

As I reread - the BS referred to was at another forum, devoted to HRT, apparently.

Anyway, I still believe that Leung's findings to improve lipid metabolism (i.e. burn fat without Ketosis) can be used to speed weight loss without hunger. However, I no longer believe that you can or should eat high fat! People can get the B5 fat-burning without hunger benefits, even eating carbs from fruits and vegetables. (We have had positive reports that the B5 Fat Burn product is the ONLY product that has ever worked for them.)

I also very much doubt the claim that high B5 causes hair loss. Where are the hairloss claims in the acne forums, for example? High B5 can clear up acne in weeks. (These reports wouldn't be planted, say by companies selling acne medications? Leung ran a study of 100 people over a year on 10,000 mg of B5. No side effects. Certainly he would have noticed dramatic hair loss!)

So why do people gain weight as we age? Nothing to do with metabolism. Nothing to do with hormones Everything to do with liver function.

The explanation for weight gain as we all grow older is the growing pile of crap in the liver.

Over our lives, the liver is continually grabbing (and storing) crap, i.e.,. toxins, e.g heavy metals, viruses, pathogens, pesticides, chemicals, and a lot more that would otherwise kill us, until the organ can no longer safely store any more junk. At that point, the lymph system becomes a backup for the liver, a secondary filtration system. But as the debris then begins to build up in the lymph, the surrounding tissues and or lymph system request water to help control the toxicity. Edema, swelling, and body fat accumulates. The Medical Medium's source tells us that something like 30% of body "fat" is really water that has been drawn trying to protect the lymph, which is trying to filter out crap the liver had to unload. In a nutshell.

Then the high fat diet puts a load on the liver, dividing its resources, causing even more toxins to be released into the Lymph.

People who gain weight later in life (almost everyone?) are doing it because the liver is overloaded. And cutting to the chase, one of the two primary protocols to slowly cleanse the liver is - maybe you guessed it, celery juice. CJ is a medicine. One of Its primary medicinal functions is to help reduce the liver's viral load. It should not be diluted (or added to) for reasons I now understand. (This is getting too long, but key ingredients in celery juice break down before entering the body.)

These revelations from the Medical Medium Anthony William's source for advanced science.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#132  Post by ofonorow » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:50 am

john jackson post moved where it belongs.

And Mr. Jackson, I'll loosen the restriction on one post per day.

One post in the general discussion. One post in the Heart forum.

But unlimited elsewhere - where I don't generally read every day :-)

people can lose weight eating anything
as this guy shows,

[ what guy? Not if their livers are toxic, i.e., harder as we age... Only starvation/fasting]

remember, he ate a ton of junk food
but he counted calories
you can't lose weight/fat eating MORE calories than you burn.....that's all ive ever said on the topic and it was never been disproven.

[ But your wrong. It turns out to be a function of liver and toxic overload. This experiment you cite was one young person. The liver toxicity 'theory" explains why people cannot lose weight as they age - unless they fast, i.e. starve themselves. Some middle aged person cannot eat Twinkies and lose weight until the calories approach starvation. ]

Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds. (CNN) -- Twinkies. ... For 10 weeks, Mark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/tw ... index.html

you might be confused with my position that a high fat diet is not healthy, as dr mcdougal explains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyRuDpqYuvY

but that is not what this topic is about, this is about fat loss thru caloric restriction and if you think you can eat more calories than you burn and take B5 and lose weight, lemme know the mechanism, eh?

[ Again, your brain off to left field. That was NEVER said. Never. Leung reduced calories to 1000 per day! The benefit was no hunger at that LOW calorie diet level. The B5 was meant to make dieting easier (less -- or no -- hunger) while at the same time allowing efficient fat burning WITHOUT ketosis. B5 provides a way to eat less calories easier.

My mistake was pointing out that the LOWER calories could be mostly fat calories, so long as carbs are restricted. (And if I ever implied that calories don't matter, lets say, they don't matter as much as we think.) What matters most is the health of the liver. If you see someone obese, save some gross genetic defect, you are seeing a person whose liver is toxic. As we age, the liver becomes more toxic. If you want to lose weight later in life, cleanse your liver!! And there is only one way to safely do that - the protocols in Medical Medium, starting with the morning celery juice medicine.
]
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#133  Post by johnjackson » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:42 pm

I'm just gonna answer stuff, I put your questions in bold:
but-first off, rehashing my point of view : my only beef was about calories!! you said you can't get lean on X calories/day(ie a diet with lower calories) because the body will adjust(I assume you meant "metabolic damage" which is:

Stopped losing fat despite maintained low calories/high activity
Started regaining fat despite those same maintained low calories/high activity

that's when i mentioned the Minnesota starvation experiment/study(Im sure you couold search that term and find the exact post,but doesnt really matter)
in this study, where non obese guys all ate 50% of their maintenance calories and walked(no weights) for 6 months, in a clinical setting
at the end of this study
the guys were all at 4-5% bodyfat
-total drop in metabolic rate was 40%
That is, of the original 50% deficit in calories, 80% of it had been offset. Of that 40%, a full 25% was simply due to the reduced bodyweight. Again, lighter bodies burn less calories and there’s no getting around it. But that also means that the adaptive component of metabolic rate reduction was only 15%. Which is about the largest drop ever measured (most studies measure less).

But here’s the punchline, the men had also reached the limits of human leanness. They were in the realm of 4-5% body fat by this point in the study. Even though their fat loss had basically stopped (and at some points in the study WEIGHT loss stopped due to severe water retention) it didn’t occur until they reached ultimate leanness (NB: the claims of bodybuilders to be 2-3% bodyfat is a measurement error). And even they were still losing tiny amounts of weight/fat. It just wouldn’t have amounted to much since most of the deficit had been offset by the metabolic rate reduction
https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/ ... mage.html/

What does eating twinkies prove again

point being if you eat in a deficit, you are going to drop mass
---that was when you kept saying the diet didnt work cause people got fat again
that is different topic,, you will lose weight, what you do afterwards isnt part of the diet, the point is YOU LOST THE WEIGHT

and that's where the topic ended for me,

so yes, MM follows what dr mcougal already spouts plant based diet

and yes cutting calories does work watch

you weight 200lbs, you want to be 170lbs, you burn 2500 calories/day
you cut calories, lift weghts(maintain muscle) and eventualy you get to 170lbs
now you lost bodymass and burn 2000 calories..(lighter people burn less)
so now you eat 2000 calories and stay at your 170lbs

if your weight goes up, eat less, weight goes down, eat more

My diabetic friends,fat causes insulin resistance and now you say also hurts the liver,, I am very much in agreement

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#134  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:53 am

Your post is too long to go over right now, but yesterday we accidentally found the two switches that turn on the storage of body fat :-) (Jason Fung was close. It is notable that glucose does not turn on the switch. You can eat dextrose (d-glucose) to your heart's content - and not store fat, so long as you haven't flicked the second switch. Since you may be the only one reading this, jj, you now have vely important information.)

What is the second switch? Answers in these videos.

See: https://vitamincfoundation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14665

The liver toxicity explains "water" weight gain as we age.

So the Medical Medium lists "Metabolism" as one of the Great medical Mistakes, i.e., the idea that the thyroid, or any hormones can speed up or control how the body operates. I will post some quotes, but the basic idea is that not only is the measuring of calories faulty, but how people utilize calories differs, and there is no real science of "metabolism," where it is possible to predict weight by virtue of calories.

But we can ignore that if we can all grow thin by turning off the body's 2 "store fat" switches.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#135  Post by johnjackson » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:06 pm

I can't watch videos/progaganda, so you can just explain what switch you mean,
or not

lpa

Return to “Orthomolecular Weight Loss”