Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) - The Anti-Fat Vitamin?

Focus on Hong Kong Dr. Leung's vitamin B5 discovery that megadoses of pantothenic acid maintain metabolism of a calorie deficit, leading to sustained weight loss without hunger, weakness or ketosis

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) - The Anti-Fat Vitamin?

Post by ofonorow » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:03 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) - The Anti-Fat Vitamin?

Post by Joanna45 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:16 am

Owen
I am really interested in vitamin B5 I have been diagnosed with Morton's neurons in both feet ..but I'm not sure that is the correct diagnosis..and I was doing reasearch on Vit.B5 and it said a lack of it can cause burning in the toes which is what symptoms I have ..I have had cortisone shots which do not work..so if I was to start taking B5 what would you recommend as a starting dose. I would like to be part of the study ..I am not really over weight I'm 5'2" and weigh 125lbs but would like to lose at least 7lbs which I have been unable to do

Thanks
Joanna
Last edited by Joanna45 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

tangy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tangy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:30 am

I would like to be part of the study, I am obese and would like to lose weight. I can order B5 and get started in a week.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:50 am

Thank you both. Record your starting weight. Keep track of the daily dosage, and the type/brand of B5. We will be able to load the information into our online study tool in the very near future. (Work up to 10,000 mg of ordinary B5 daily, in 4 equal dosaages. We don't yet know the amount of Pantethine.)

In the meantime JOHNWEN - if you make it this far into this topic... I am trying to figure out what companies in the world manufacture Pantethine, before we go about trying to contract out. Apparently there are over 400,000 chemicals, and more than 150,000 chemical companies, etc.

You are usually very good at research... Unfortunately, our primary supplier (DSM - formerly Roche) does not manufacture pantethine.

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/D-Pantethine#section=Top

The only products that I have been able to find are more than half silica and cellulose. I infer that Pantethine is "sticky" so these additions are necessary to make the product flow. I kind of like the silica, because over the years many doctors have called to "educate" me on the heart health benefits of silica (and its relation to collagen and the ground substance.) At one point we even considered adding some to Cardio-C...

The cellulose is the problem, since cellulose is not digested. If the pantethine is sticking to the cellulose, then unless there is something in the digestive process that releases it, some/most/all might be pooped out with the rest of the cellulose... We would love a "pure" pantethine, but if that is not possible, then one with silica only, or perhaps joined with something "else"..

Edited - also Johnwen, here is a NOW foods description of ordinary B-5 - sounds like my ailments may be ALL a B5 deficiency, heh?

Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5) is a member of the B-complex family of vitamins and is found in nearly every living cell as a component of Coenzyme A (CoA). CoA is essential for the generation of energy from fat, carbohydrate, and protein.* It also plays a critical role in many biosynthetic reactions as well, being necessary for the production of fats, cholesterol, neurotransmitters, red blood cells, and adrenal secretions.* As such, Pantothenic Acid is vital for countless cell functions and the maintenance of healthy cellular metabolism.*
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by exitium » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:38 am

Im going to start upping my B5 dose and see what happens.

While according to the BMI I am obese my bodyfat is not high. As a matter of fact knowing my BF and subtracting that weight from my total bodyweight and running that through a BMI calculator It sill considers me as obese at 0% bodyfat so I don't put any faith in it. I would however like to drop a few % BF so will give this a whirl.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:00 am

https://www.walkinlab.com/vitaminb5bloodtest.html Had a thought...we can run this $240!!!! b5 test and see whether the powder with "micro cellulose" is allowing the unstable (some sources said more stable) pantethine to enter the blood stream...
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by Joanna45 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:15 am

Do we take the B5 first and then have the lab test done and also no labcorp labs near me

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:55 am

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

tangy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tangy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:01 pm

ofonorow@ Should I take Pantethine or ordinary B5 and how much of either?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Joanna45 wrote:Do we take the B5 first and then have the lab test done and also no labcorp labs near me

Sorry for the confusion - no reason for anyone to take the lab test.. We are, lets say, "unhappy" with the only form of pantethine we can find to put in a product, e.g. bulk Pantethine powder, is sold as 50% wood chips - cellulose. Before we use the Pantethine powder - we just want to be assured it makes it into the blood stream. We are afraid that as a combined powder, it may not be absorbed because of the leaching to the indigestible cellulose. ( I saved the lab reference for myself for later reference. We will use the lab for our own in house testing.)

We already know that the NOW Foods Pantethine "works" so there is no reason to worry about blood or tissue levels.

You'll know that the Pantethine (2-6 g) or B5 (10 g) works because:

You will not be hungry or weak.
You will lose about 2.5 lbs per week, more if you reduce calories, especially sugars
You will not enter ketosis

As far as joining our weight loss study - simply record your starting weight, try to take 10 g ordinary vitamin B5 daily, or 4800 mg of NOW Pantethine daily (divided into 4 doses), and keep a log (which we will later transfer to the online study tool.) If you want to combine B5/Pantethine, okay, just record it.

Now on to johnwen's comments in the next post.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:37 pm

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by Joanna45 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:09 am

Owen
The only B5 I could find was pantothenic acid in 500mg tablets as calicium pantothenic.with cellulose and silica as the other ingredients..also it was $18 for 60 tablets this could get quite expensive I would think..

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:29 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by Joanna45 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:53 am

Thank you Owen will order this today..will take the B that I bought a few days ago till gone..

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:39 am

zarfas wrote:
ofonorow wrote:. They all lost 2.5 lbs per week, were not hungry, were not weak, experienced a feeling of well being, and did not go into ketosis

I dont understand this part
so without extra B vitamins, then a person has a slower metabolism?
aside from the anecdotal stories about weight loss, is their anything sciency that shows more b vitamins increase metabolism?

cause that is what you are suggesting? right?

Little in this collection of words is what I said or mean.

That quote is from a 100 person, 1 year STUDY (not an anecdote) and published in two different journals. The references are in the first post. Leung.

I don't know what you mean by "extra B vitamins". We are talking about one vitamin named B5 - and a variant,pantethine, that is not considered a vitamin, and is a more complete vitamin B5. (Closer to coenzyme A).

No one said anything about a slow or fast metabolism.

We are talking about fat, carbohydrate and lipid metabolism dependent on conenzyme A. (If you want to be helpful - research info on coenzyme A) I notice that NOW foods has a coenzyme A supplement, but my biochemist friend doesn't think it would be absorbed as well as pantehtine.

Anyway, like magnesium, Conezyme A is part of at least 50 known metabolic pathways. There is "plenty" in food - back in the day when we all you had to hunt for our food all day... In today's world, the store of Coenzyme A is used up when the supply of its precursor - vitamin B5 isn't sufficient to meet demand. We eat too much food. The 1st surprising finding of Dr. Leung is that the demand for B5 (coA) can be as high as vitamin C, or 10,000 mg daily, ordinary B5! The other surprising finding is that there are NO side effects at these orthomolecular doses. The 3rd, is that the body starts burning fat "naturally" when calories are low - without ketosis.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Orthomolecular Weight Loss”