A Good Source for Vitamin A ??

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: A Good Source for Vitamin A ??

Post Number:#16  Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:36 am

Remind me, how much vitamin C are you taking daily?

I trust you have been keeping up with the wave of Vitamin C and anti-cancer science recently? The little known finding in the last study is that both vitamin C and niacin kill cancer stem cells, at least of colon cancers. High vitamin C can block and halt leukemia's. Adding a specific antibiotic literally starves these cancer stem cells. (Now that the world outside the USA agrees with John Beard - that the problem is the cancer STEM cells - science is focused on killing them, and high dose vitamin C is a major weapon in that arsenal.)

A. Hoffer reviews Niacin's anti-cancer effect in his books, so it is not really a surprise, so why not add high-dose niacin to your regimen and see what happens?

I wish I had more faith in that Navarro test - almost every report I have from them is around 52 -- including my own!.. very strange.
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

Dennyk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: A Good Source for Vitamin A ??

Post Number:#17  Post by Dennyk » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:42 pm

ofonorow wrote:Remind me, how much vitamin C are you taking daily?

I trust you have been keeping up with the wave of Vitamin C and anti-cancer science recently? The little known finding in the last study is that both vitamin C and niacin kill cancer stem cells, at least of colon cancers. High vitamin C can block and halt leukemia's. Adding a specific antibiotic literally starves these cancer stem cells. (Now that the world outside the USA agrees with John Beard - that the problem is the cancer STEM cells - science is focused on killing them, and high dose vitamin C is a major weapon in that arsenal.)

A. Hoffer reviews Niacin's anti-cancer effect in his books, so it is not really a surprise, so why not add high-dose niacin to your regimen and see what happens?

I wish I had more faith in that Navarro test - almost every report I have from them is around 52 -- including my own!.. very strange.

I've been taking about 9 grams/day, (3g, 3 times per day), with my home made attempt at lipo C, however, I'm constantly revising/upgrading my recipe, and with my last few batches, my bowel tolerance has increased to about 16 grams/day.

Thanks for the info about Niacin. I will do more research on it.
I did try taking Niacin a ways back for high cholesterol, (only 500mg day), and read that I needed 1500 to 3000mg/day to have a positive effect. I found that taking 1500mg of an extended release Niacin, had me waking up at night with a massive flush effect. It was uncomfortable to the point I stopped taking it. What would you consider a high dose?

I was a little disappointed with the Navarro results, since I had seen some improvement with my blood tests, but mainly with my Platelets increasing. I may try it again in the future if I see substantial improvement with blood results.

As I was researching my low platelet number, I found many sources claiming that Vitamin C would increase platelets, (by googling platelets and vitamin c). While reading those articles, I remembered seeing references here on "Owen's Blood still Clumping". Since low platelets causes a thinning of blood, and VitC raises platelets, (and I assume thickens the blood), I wondered if high dose VitC might be a contributing factor to "Clumping". I didn't read that entire thread, and probably wouldn't understand it all if I did, but it's just a thought I wanted to pass on.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”