A Good Source for Vitamin A ??

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: A Good Source for Vitamin A ??

Post Number:#16  Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:36 am

Remind me, how much vitamin C are you taking daily?

I trust you have been keeping up with the wave of Vitamin C and anti-cancer science recently? The little known finding in the last study is that both vitamin C and niacin kill cancer stem cells, at least of colon cancers. High vitamin C can block and halt leukemia's. Adding a specific antibiotic literally starves these cancer stem cells. (Now that the world outside the USA agrees with John Beard - that the problem is the cancer STEM cells - science is focused on killing them, and high dose vitamin C is a major weapon in that arsenal.)

A. Hoffer reviews Niacin's anti-cancer effect in his books, so it is not really a surprise, so why not add high-dose niacin to your regimen and see what happens?

I wish I had more faith in that Navarro test - almost every report I have from them is around 52 -- including my own!.. very strange.
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

Dennyk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: A Good Source for Vitamin A ??

Post Number:#17  Post by Dennyk » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:42 pm

ofonorow wrote:Remind me, how much vitamin C are you taking daily?

I trust you have been keeping up with the wave of Vitamin C and anti-cancer science recently? The little known finding in the last study is that both vitamin C and niacin kill cancer stem cells, at least of colon cancers. High vitamin C can block and halt leukemia's. Adding a specific antibiotic literally starves these cancer stem cells. (Now that the world outside the USA agrees with John Beard - that the problem is the cancer STEM cells - science is focused on killing them, and high dose vitamin C is a major weapon in that arsenal.)

A. Hoffer reviews Niacin's anti-cancer effect in his books, so it is not really a surprise, so why not add high-dose niacin to your regimen and see what happens?

I wish I had more faith in that Navarro test - almost every report I have from them is around 52 -- including my own!.. very strange.

I've been taking about 9 grams/day, (3g, 3 times per day), with my home made attempt at lipo C, however, I'm constantly revising/upgrading my recipe, and with my last few batches, my bowel tolerance has increased to about 16 grams/day.

Thanks for the info about Niacin. I will do more research on it.
I did try taking Niacin a ways back for high cholesterol, (only 500mg day), and read that I needed 1500 to 3000mg/day to have a positive effect. I found that taking 1500mg of an extended release Niacin, had me waking up at night with a massive flush effect. It was uncomfortable to the point I stopped taking it. What would you consider a high dose?

I was a little disappointed with the Navarro results, since I had seen some improvement with my blood tests, but mainly with my Platelets increasing. I may try it again in the future if I see substantial improvement with blood results.

As I was researching my low platelet number, I found many sources claiming that Vitamin C would increase platelets, (by googling platelets and vitamin c). While reading those articles, I remembered seeing references here on "Owen's Blood still Clumping". Since low platelets causes a thinning of blood, and VitC raises platelets, (and I assume thickens the blood), I wondered if high dose VitC might be a contributing factor to "Clumping". I didn't read that entire thread, and probably wouldn't understand it all if I did, but it's just a thought I wanted to pass on.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”