DMSO for the resolution of Adrenal Malfunction

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

DMSO for the resolution of Adrenal Malfunction

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:41 am

I have severe adrenal insufficiency, in that I require a full replacement dose of exogenous cortisol (hydrocortisone) at 40 mg daily. This condition has but me in intensive care 3 separate times since 2012.

I have been intrigued by eDOC's claims of regenerating kidney function, and even adrenal function, at a specific dosage of 0.8g/KG IV/DMSO.

I have documented my increasing dosages of DMSO IV's at this forum topic

http://www.vitaminc.foundation/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13266

As my feeling is that the condition was getting worse, putting me at severe risk, I have decided to try multiple approaches, especially since there was no apparent effect from IV/DMSO at dosages lower than eDOC suggests. So starting in mid July, following Dr. Levy's advice, I have also begun massive vitamin B5 supplementation (at least 10,000 mg or equivalent per day).

Remarkably, as I reported after the last IV - 90 mL - the first DMSO Iv that exceeded eDOC's 08g/Kg advice, I seem to require little or NO exogenous hydrocortisone! (I feel like the people who started Pauling's advice back in 1996, had intractable angina pain, and when it stopped after 10 days, they couldn't believe it, figured it would return, and in the first case, waited six months before reporting to us, before they believed it was really gone. I don't want to jinx this, and because of the Solar Eclipse, my doc (is traveling to southern Illinois) and won't be available next week for another IV, but there has been a noticeable change in my condition after a single "right" IV/DMSO.)

It is a tricky thing deciding how much hydrocortisone to take. I have so little pain, I considered not taking any, but I have more IV/DMSOs ahead, and I didn't want to create a crisis that might lead to another ICU visit. So I have cut the dosage to 20 mg daily, or 1/2, since the last IV.

So far so good.

Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

confused1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: DMSO for the resolution of Adrenal Malfunction

Post Number:#2  Post by confused1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:21 am

Amazing and congrats, let's hope it holds. How does one go about finding a doctor that does IV DMSO?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:54 am

The no-pain effect lasted for 3 full days, Thursday, Friday and Saturday... The pain returned Sunday and now today, Tuesday, I am back where I started (and am wishing tomorrow was DMSO/IV day. I have to wait for the weekend this week.)

I know eDOC likes to run a series of daily IV/DMSOs and often mentions 7, followed by oral.

I was "wiped out" after both the 80 mL (no effect) and the 90 mL (followed by the glutathione push). So in a way I'm glad I'm not doing it every day.

If there is a detox element to this, then perhaps the glutathione "wiping up" what ever DMSO was pushing out of the cells is an important component.
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:10 am

Owen;
I would like to add a couple of pointers that may help with your DMSO journey. First; Yes! your probably experience a detox effect and also reoccurring an inflammatory response which always seems worst when it returns then when it went away!
DMSO has a very strong anti-inflammatory action and why it works so good on things like arty and bursitis. Which is why Edoc’s daily routine would be more effective because not only is it lessening the pain it also is fixing the problem and the patient is not going to experience to ups and downs of the pain cycle.
Your extended application periods allow this to reoccur and probably take a extended if at all, time to really heal the problem!

Next is the detox factor.
I’m sure you have tried to eliminate any signs of heavy metals from your diet but the most over looked problem maker is right in your bathroom.
Yep! Get your deodorant out and read the ingredients on the container.
If your using a antiperspirant you are giving yourself a Daily dose of aluminum that gets absorbed thru your skin. After a year of usage we have seen blood levels kicking the high end. This usually starts showing it’s ugly head as rises in PSA levels. From there things usually start getting worse.

Here some interesting DMSO Info:

http://www.herbactive.co.uk/DMSO.php
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Joanna45
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by Joanna45 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:37 pm

Johnwen great article on DSMO..I have used it in the past and it always seems to work on Morton's neuroma..but it always makes me have an odor from my breath that is bad ..same thing happens to my husband also ..do others experience this also..

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by pamojja » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:29 am

Joanna45 wrote:..but it always makes me have an odor from my breath that is bad ..same thing happens to my husband also ..do others experience this also..

Though I never tried, one member recommended urea for eliminating the smell in this other forum post:

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/51741-using-dmso-as-a-carrier/?view=findpost&p=824730

Joanna45
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by Joanna45 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:17 am

Thanks pamojja will try the urea

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:41 am

Thanks johnwen. I do not use deodorant - probably for the reasons you point out, but it has been so long. I hesitate to use soaps or anything on my skin because I know it is quickly absorbed.

From my perspective, I have gone for weekly DMSO/IV doses of 5, 30, 40, 50, 60 and 80 - and only the 80 mL seemed to wipe me out - but had NO effect on my adrenal malfunction. I was getting discouraged. Why wouldn't the lower dosages have provides at least some, anti inflammatory relief?

According to eDOC his therapeutic dosage is 0.8grams/Kilogram - which I computed is 86 mL in my case (or was - I am losing weight :D .

When I finally exceeded that dosage - wham, no pain the next morning what-so-ever. And the next day, and the next.. then it slowly returned, although I am now only on about 75% of full replacement cortisol (taking the Etodolac when I need it.)

The "toxins" I am most concerned about, after reading Sherry Rogers, are the phalates (plasticizers) that eDOC claims to have measured and eliminated, at least in one case, using DMSO. Thesetoxins tend to mimic estrogens.

I am not going higher than 90 mL - since it worked, and I will now always end with a GSH push.

And I also conclude that I have not regenerated adrenal function, at least not yet. More likely the communication from the brain to the adrenals has been restored, as eDOC (and perhaps you) have written previously. Why it then deteriorates is a question. But I have had this malfunction since 2012 - or five years.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:55 am

Two more 90 Ml, with the GSH push Saturday, but no glutathione yesterday. (I think I will stick with the GSH push. Last night I had the weirdest dreams. First a fast series of images, almost psychedelic, and then a long dream so vivid it seemed very real, easy to remember, but I knew during it that I must be dreaming.. but couldn't wake up. Anyway, I am sticking with GSH as a "cleanup mechanism" in case toxins are being pulled from cells.)

Everything seems to be about the same as after the first 90 mL. My daily cortisol is now 20 to 25 mg, or roughly half of what it was when I began the DMSO treatments. I am more aware of the odor than I have been.

tjallen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by tjallen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 am

Owen, thanks for the update. I find this fascinating and wonder about mechanisms. I hope eDOC publishes his book soon; I want to buy a copy.

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by maryclaire » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:16 am

I also look forward to Owen's updates...I am also very interested if his liver values will change and if amyloid proteins are being removed from his body.

PS: I've only been on 2 tsp a day for a short while but I've had some strange dreams also...

Stone_Circles
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#12  Post by Stone_Circles » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:46 pm

wow, fascinating!

what is the purpose of doing the glutathion after the DMSO?

how much does the DMSO IV session cost?

I have severe nuero lyme and am very interested in doing this.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by ofonorow » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:22 am

Stone_Circles wrote:wow, fascinating!

what is the purpose of doing the glutathion after the DMSO?

I thought of doing DMSO because of the fear that some kind of toxicity was affecting my adrenal function, e.g. phalates (plasticiers). eDOC claims that he has tested and showed that IV/DMSO does remove this form of (estrogen-mimic) toxicity from the body. Glutathione is a primary detoxifier. (The body produces GSH inside cells, it grabs toxins/viruses, etc., exits the cell and is expelled via the urine.) IV/GSH would then, in theory, be able to grab what-ever toxins there are in the blood stream that the IV/DMSO elicited from the cells. All I know at this point is that my best result when I added the GSH "push" at the end of the IV/DMSO.

how much does the DMSO IV session cost?
My doc charges $50 per IV.

I have severe nuero lyme and am very interested in doing this.
And if you read Fischer's DMSO handbook, there are adjuncts, such as MMS and Hydrogen Peroxide, which may amplify IV/DMSO's affect against any organism.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:11 am

90 mL IV/DMSO number 4. With GSH. This time we added 12 grams of galactose per this factoid http://www.vitaminc.foundation/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11457&p=49388#p48579

I consider the galactose experiment a failure, at least for adrenal function. (I purchased D-galactose..... ) The main thing is that it slowed the drip down from the normal 2 hours to almost 4 hours. (We could think of no other reason). I do not feel like this IV helped reduce my cortisol requirement all that much (as the previous 3 IV/DMSOs at 90 mL have).

From the last 3 that "worked" - the pain relief lasted for about 4 days after the IV. We do not know if that is because of the residual DMSO in my system, mitigating inflammation, or if my own adrenal function has been stimulated - meaning some cells are not dead, but for some reason they don't continue making cortisol. (The 4 days is close to the 72 hours that Fischer says DMSO stays in the body.)

confused1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#15  Post by confused1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:17 am

In reading this I wonder if your body often has other plans for the dmso and other nutrients? I certainly wasn't planning to cure my presbyopia when I began taking it but obviously my body had other priorities. Is there any way to know how much B5 and dmso is going to your adrenals and how much is used elsewhere?

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”