Where are all the people getting cured by Vitamin C

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Where are all the people getting cured by Vitamin C

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:13 pm

I never see any positive talk on this forum, I'm truly starting to have my doubts about this theory, I'll give til April 1st which will be a 12 months, if my calcium score hasn't decreased then we know it was a total failure.

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Where are all the people getting cured by Vitamin C

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:38 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote:I'll give til April 1st which will be a 12 months, if my calcium score hasn't decreased then we know it was a total failure.

There was one forum called 'TrackYourPlaque' by Cardiologist Dr. Davis, which specifically measured their calcium score for assessing their progression or reversal from approaches taken. Too bad not many here get calcium scores, so we can't really know how Pauling Therapy broadly fares in this respect.

I do know that even with the standard of care (statins, etc) coronary calcium grows at about 30% yearly rate. At TrackYourPlaque the most common experience was that CAC score decelerated first, lets say to 20% the first year, 10% the second year. And in Dr. Davis own clinical experience in his patients - with a deceleration below 15% per year - he never saw an adverse event. Real reversal in the sense of decreasing CAC, that is very rare indeed. Maybe 1 in a hundred at TrackYourPlaque.

Medically even deceleration of CAC score is a thing impossible. Your determination for fool's day is really a joke.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by Joanna45 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Guitarplayer.
I have had great success with the Pauling Therapy..I would have a calcium score done but my doctor won’t do it..as I have said in other posts my narrowing was in the superior mesenteric artery coming off the heart..and the mesenteric celiac artery..I was very sick and couldn’t eat ..had all the tests done Stress EKG, and mesenteric duplex ultrasound which showed almost 50% narrowing..the doctors told me no stenting until 70% narrowed ..if I had waited would be dead by now..so that is why I did the research on LP..I felt extremely better in about 2 weeks..that was a year ago in June..I did have an X-ray of my foot 6 months ago have Morton’s neuroma..and the X-ray said vascular calcifications are seen anterior to distal tibia, no abnormal soft tissue calcification seen..not sure what that means ..I have some pad????????

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by pamojja » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:07 pm

Joanna45 wrote:I did have an X-ray of my foot 6 months ago have Morton’s neuroma..

Do you experience pain in that food?

Joanna45 wrote:and the X-ray said vascular calcifications are seen anterior to distal tibia, no abnormal soft tissue calcification seen..not sure what that means ..I have some pad????????

These two sentences seem to contradict each other. Have you ever experienced pain after walking long distances. With serious PAD you wouldn't be able to walk very far without pains in the legs.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by Joanna45 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:58 am

I have no pain ever when walking and walk at least 2 miles everyday. And i’M a skier have been 3 times this year already ..the pain I have in my foot is from the morton’s Neuroma and have just been trying to live with it ....been using cannibidiol oil orally and that has helped quite a bit..and let me tell you by the time I get to the lodge ..and park the car and lug all my equipment, and get my ski boots on..that is quite a workout right there..I live in Vermont and ski Killington where the women’s World Cup was held 2 weekends ago I was there both days.... a spectacular event..

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by pamojja » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:14 pm

Good to hear. I definitely would try DSMO for the neuroma.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by exitium » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:14 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:I never see any positive talk on this forum, I'm truly starting to have my doubts about this theory, I'll give til April 1st which will be a 12 months, if my calcium score hasn't decreased then we know it was a total failure.

What does "cured" mean to you exactly?

I dont consider myself "cured" but I no longer have the joint issues I used to associated with heavy lifting. I also increased my hearts ejection fraction and eliminated left ventricle thickness with vit C and other supps.

As for your calcium score, what does that have to do with Vit C? Calcified plaque is never something Vit C was claimed to address. Vit C is a critical component in the synthesis of collagen. Arteries, skin, connective tissue etc are all very collagen-rich tissues. Without ample vit C these tissues will not remain healthy and pliable. Specifically, where arteries are concerned this leads to a breakdown in the arterial wall and the intum gets exposed. This area attracts cholesterol which acts as a bandage. When the underlying arterial damage is repaired the cholesteral falls away which is why many people notice a spike in cholesterol numbers after starting PT.

If your concern in calcium then you need to make sure you are getting ample nutrients for the calcium to be put to use where it belongs and this is largely done with vit D, vit A and vit K.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#8  Post by skwoodwiva » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:49 pm

exitium wrote:
guitarplayer007 wrote:I never see any positive talk on this forum, I'm truly starting to have my doubts about this theory, I'll give til April 1st which will be a 12 months, if my calcium score hasn't decreased then we know it was a total failure.

What does "cured" mean to you exactly?

I dont consider myself "cured" but I no longer have the joint issues I used to associated with heavy lifting. I also increased my hearts ejection fraction and eliminated left ventricle thickness with vit C and other supps.

As for your calcium score, what does that have to do with Vit C? Calcified plaque is never something Vit C was claimed to address. Vit C is a critical component in the synthesis of collagen. Arteries, skin, connective tissue etc are all very collagen-rich tissues. Without ample vit C these tissues will not remain healthy and pliable. Specifically, where arteries are concerned this leads to a breakdown in the arterial wall and the intum gets exposed. This area attracts cholesterol which acts as a bandage. When the underlying arterial damage is repaired the cholesteral falls away which is why many people notice a spike in cholesterol numbers after starting PT.

If your concern in calcium then you need to make sure you are getting ample nutrients for the calcium to be put to use where it belongs and this is largely done with vit D, vit A and vit K.

Thumbs up!
Thanks for the argument, great reassurance.

Btw, I went off of fermented garlic & fish oil then EF dropped some. Back on fish oil & hope to be able to afford G soon.

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by francisunderwood » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:54 am

@exitium, would you explain or link to info about putting calcium where it should go? I have seen what you said about vitamin k and d mentioned briefly in other posts too but not really an explanation.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by Johnwen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:59 am

Guitarplayer007;

Have you ever read these??

https://vitaminccures.com/blog/index.ph ... timonials/
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by exitium » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:20 am

francisunderwood wrote:@exitium, would you explain or link to info about putting calcium where it should go? I have seen what you said about vitamin k and d mentioned briefly in other posts too but not really an explanation.

This is just a starting point, spend time on the site below and search elsewhere.

Excerpt from first link:

Vitamin K2‘s ability to protect us from heart disease is much more clearly established. Research is in fact rapidly redefining heart disease largely as a deficiency of this vitamin. While it is most clearly established that vitamin K2 deficiency causes calcification of the cardiovascular system, vitamin K2 appears to protect against the inflammation and accumulation of lipids and white blood cells that characterize atherosclerosis as well.

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-top ... ly-solved/

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-top ... eoporosis/

One of the biggest problems I have with well intentioned folks jumping on the supplement bandwagon is they think they can just add this or that and be "cured" but more often than not doing things "half way" can actually exacerbate things as giving the body something its been in short supply of may all of a sudden just bring to light something else thats missing and if they are not fully up to speed on these facts or working with someone who is they then proceed to trash talk supps due to their own lack of understanding.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#12  Post by guitarplayer007 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:46 pm

You're wrong, when the arteries heal the plaque is supposed to be released back into the blood according the tests Dr. Rath. Otherwise you wouldn't get relief from angina if the plaque didn't get reduced. Are you sure your talking about heart disease. I saw you mention joint pain?

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by guitarplayer007 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:50 pm

pamojja wrote:
guitarplayer007 wrote:I'll give til April 1st which will be a 12 months, if my calcium score hasn't decreased then we know it was a total failure.

There was one forum called 'TrackYourPlaque' by Cardiologist Dr. Davis, which specifically measured their calcium score for assessing their progression or reversal from approaches taken. Too bad not many here get calcium scores, so we can't really know how Pauling Therapy broadly fares in this respect.

I do know that even with the standard of care (statins, etc) coronary calcium grows at about 30% yearly rate. At TrackYourPlaque the most common experience was that CAC score decelerated first, lets say to 20% the first year, 10% the second year. And in Dr. Davis own clinical experience in his patients - with a deceleration below 15% per year - he never saw an adverse event. Real reversal in the sense of decreasing CAC, that is very rare indeed. Maybe 1 in a hundred at TrackYourPlaque.

Medically even deceleration of CAC score is a thing impossible. Your determination for fool's day is really a joke.

Plant based Dr.s get actual reversal as measured though pet scans and angioplasty. I may have to go that root again although I prefer meat but if I don't see reversal when I do my calcium score in April I'll have to go plant based. And like I said you rarely see people on here saying YES my angina is gone,

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#14  Post by guitarplayer007 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:53 pm

exitium wrote:
francisunderwood wrote:@exitium, would you explain or link to info about putting calcium where it should go? I have seen what you said about vitamin k and d mentioned briefly in other posts too but not really an explanation.

This is just a starting point, spend time on the site below and search elsewhere.

Excerpt from first link:

Vitamin K2‘s ability to protect us from heart disease is much more clearly established. Research is in fact rapidly redefining heart disease largely as a deficiency of this vitamin. While it is most clearly established that vitamin K2 deficiency causes calcification of the cardiovascular system, vitamin K2 appears to protect against the inflammation and accumulation of lipids and white blood cells that characterize atherosclerosis as well.

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-top ... ly-solved/

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-top ... eoporosis/

One of the biggest problems I have with well intentioned folks jumping on the supplement bandwagon is they think they can just add this or that and be "cured" but more often than not doing things "half way" can actually exacerbate things as giving the body something its been in short supply of may all of a sudden just bring to light something else thats missing and if they are not fully up to speed on these facts or working with someone who is they then proceed to trash talk supps due to their own lack of understanding.

I've been taking vitamin K 2 since April. Esselstyn claims supplements rarely help and can cause more harm

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#15  Post by francisunderwood » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:42 pm

Thank you exitium!

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”