Demonstration of the power of C (and a few others)

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Demonstration of the power of C (and a few others)

Post Number:#1  Post by confused1 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:33 pm

My 13 year old son caught some kind of cold or flu and has been sick all week. Guess who hasn't been listening to dad and taking his C? Then yesterday my 10 year old got sick. Another smart aleck. None of the other kids have gotten sick and I've got them hammering C, and extra A, D, Zinc, and Niacin.

My wife got sick 3 days ago. I said, "Take more C." "But I took 10 grams today!" I laughed and showed her the Cathcart chart. Today I pushed her and she took 50 grams without ever reaching bowel tolerance. I've convinced her to take even more tomorrow after she saw my experience.

I woke up this morning, runny nose, on the verge of vomiting, feeling lousy, definitely coming down with it. I immediately took 20 grams, then an hour later took 20 more. No diarrhea. Next hour, 30 more, and finally reached bowel tolerance. This is the first time I've experienced this, but as soon as I reached it, I felt my symptoms disappear. I also took 100 mg. Zinc, 10,000 iu. D, 100,000 iu. A, and 1500 mg. Niacin (and never flushed; usually 500 mg. does it.) I heard this formula from Jack Lalane, although he recommended 50,000 iu. A 3 times a day for a few days if you're sick. (I'm a little leery of this amount, but I guess I shouldn't be. I've read that children in Africa with measles are given a one time dose of 200,000 iu. A.)

All of my symptoms completely disappeared (my nose even completely dried up!) and haven't returned. I cut my C back and took exactly 120 g. total for the day and had two more bowel tolerance episodes at the lower dose. So 70 g. in 3 hours, 50 g. the next 10 hours. All ascorbate powder; can't really afford liposomal. So I guess I'm winning the infection battle. I'm going to take 10 g. time release before bed and play it by ear tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes with my wife.

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Demonstration of the power of C (and a few others)

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:13 am

Thanks for your experiences.

I'm going to take 10 g. time release before bed and play it by ear tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes with my wife.

Be a bit wary from taking such large amounts of pills. They all come with fillers, binders.. which aren't supposed to be taken at such large amounts. And could cause unwanted side-effects. What I do instead, since most of the time I get up to the toilet in the middle of the night anyway, take an other dose of pure ascorbic acid then.

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by confused1 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:30 am

Thank you. I'm thinking just short term, maybe 2 or 3 nights, until I'm sure the storm has passed. Early on, before I even knew about ascorbic acid powder, I tried taking pills in huge amounts and you're right, abdominal discomfort and gas. There's just no substitute for making it in your liver! :lol:

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:34 am

Great report. Thx!
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by confused1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:10 pm

Just a quick update. I couldn't get my wife to take more than 50 grams yesterday because she said her stomach hurt. I forgot to tell her to try mixing some baking soda in to reduce the acidity, but I will remember it for next time. We have some calcium ascorbate but I'm afraid this would be too much calcium at these megadoses. She never reached bowel tolerance. This morning, however, she felt much better and reached bowel tolerance at 40 g., so she's on the downhill side of things.

None of my other kids got any symptoms at all. These things used to sweep through the family before I learned about C. I didn't get any symptoms other than ones I mentioned the first day. I took about 25 g. today and felt fine.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:14 am

We probably should turn this into a case report. Most of the time when C halts an infection, there is no way to know what might have happened, whether the infection was real. There is sufficient evidence from your family that there was a virus/illness, and that those who took vitamin C were immune or recovered quickly.

Can you detail the regular amounts of everyone, who got sick and what they and you had to take to rid yourself of the illness?
Owen R. Fonorow, Orthomolecular Naturopath
My statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any product mentioned is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#7  Post by confused1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:02 pm

13 yr. old got sick first and longest; no vitamins until the sixth day when I finally convinced him to take some C. He was sick two more days. 10 year old sporadic vitamins; started taking 10 grams C, 50 mg. Zinc, 500 mg. Niacin, and 10,000 iu. A on second day, sickness lasted four days. Vomiting, fever, coughing, sore throat, stuffy nose. If anyone knows how to get teenage boys to listen to their parents, I'm all ears!

My daughter, 15, and two younger sons ages 8 and 5, never got sick. The boys take their age in C, 10,000 iu. A once a week, 1,000 iu. D daily plus half an adult multivitamin and a B complex. My daughter takes 10 g. C, 10,000 iu. A every other day, an adult multivitamin and a B complex. We doubled everything for a few days when the sickness started sweeping through, plus added Niacin and Zinc. 250 mg. Niacin and 20 mg. Zinc for the boys, 500 and 50 for my daughter.

I detailed my experience already and I kept that dosage up for four days. Never had any other symptoms and felt great after the initial brief onset.

Wife was sick six days but only two were bad. She normally takes 5 grams C a day but upped it to 10 g. when she got sick. She took 50 g. on 4th and 5th day, never hit bowel tolerance, but felt better. She also took the same supplements I did. On the 6th day she hit bowel tolerance around noon at 40 g., took around another 20 g. the remainder of the day, and felt normal by that evening.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#8  Post by skwoodwiva » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:37 pm

confused1 wrote:13 yr. old got sick first and longest; no vitamins until the sixth day when I finally convinced him to take some C. He was sick two more days. 10 year old sporadic vitamins; started taking 10 grams C, 50 mg. Zinc, 500 mg. Niacin, and 10,000 iu. A on second day, sickness lasted four days. Vomiting, fever, coughing, sore throat, stuffy nose. If anyone knows how to get teenage boys to listen to their parents, I'm all ears!

My daughter, 15, and two younger sons ages 8 and 5, never got sick. The boys take their age in C, 10,000 iu. A once a week, 1,000 iu. D daily plus half an adult multivitamin and a B complex. My daughter takes 10 g. C, 10,000 iu. A every other day, an adult multivitamin and a B complex. We doubled everything for a few days when the sickness started sweeping through, plus added Niacin and Zinc. 250 mg. Niacin and 20 mg. Zinc for the boys, 500 and 50 for my daughter.

I detailed my experience already and I kept that dosage up for four days. Never had any other symptoms and felt great after the initial brief onset.

Wife was sick six days but only two were bad. She normally takes 5 grams C a day but upped it to 10 g. when she got sick. She took 50 g. on 4th and 5th day, never hit bowel tolerance, but felt better. She also took the same supplements I did. On the 6th day she hit bowel tolerance around noon at 40 g., took around another 20 g. the remainder of the day, and felt normal by that evening.

About taking 10 gr AA every 15 min till I reached BT,
I tried this 2 hr after my evening meal. Thinking maybe I have not settled on the best dosage.
I got to 40 and experienced such gas and bloating that I could not do or take (or eat) anything else till morning. Yet no diarrhea. I am perplexed. I had just finished all day long 25gr liposomal batch before dinner, to put a bad cold to rest, but it still hung on.

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#9  Post by confused1 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:06 am

skwoodwiva wrote:
I tried this 2 hr after my evening meal. Thinking maybe I have not settled on the best dosage.
I got to 40 and experienced such gas and bloating that I could not do or take (or eat) anything else till morning. Yet no diarrhea. I am perplexed. I had just finished all day long 25gr liposomal batch before dinner, to put a bad cold to rest, but it still hung on.
Hmmm, only tablets give me gas, so I assumed it was the fillers and binders. The combination of A, Zinc, Niacin, D, and C works really well for me. I also discovered something new for coughs and sore throats--- fresh pineapple juice. My wife read about it and we tried it with the kids, works great! We added a little honey, ginger, and garlic for good measure. They felt relief instantly.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#10  Post by skwoodwiva » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:51 am

confused1 wrote:
skwoodwiva wrote:
Hmmm, only tablets give me gas, so I assumed it was the fillers and binders. The combination of A, Zinc, Niacin, D, and C works really well for me. I also discovered something new for coughs and sore throats--- fresh pineapple juice. My wife read about it and we tried it with the kids, works great! We added a little honey, ginger, and garlic for good measure. They felt relief instantly.

A new pack of Duda AA. I was drinking water at a rate of 16 oz per 10 gr AA.
Maybe 2 hr is not long enough away from food?
I was not over a very bad cold

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#11  Post by skwoodwiva » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:07 pm

The product is bad, is the only conclusion I can consider right now

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#12  Post by skwoodwiva » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:36 pm

confused1 wrote:
skwoodwiva wrote:

Refunded.
https://mega.nz/#!dVQGxCLL!pMi6qt7oLupL ... wSyd7TIvgI
Caused spots similar to the Target Up&Up Brand.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”