What to do about a swollen uvula?

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What to do about a swollen uvula?

Post Number:#1  Post by francisunderwood » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:24 am

Woke up this morning with the uvula swollen and hanging down in the back of my throat. I have had sinus drainage over the past week or so but no sore throat unti the middle of last night. The sore throat is gone but the thing hanging down in the back of my throat is bothersome. I don't have a fever or feel any worse than I have over the past week but this could be a nuisance over the holiday. Anything I can take to get the swelling down other than an nsaid or allergy meds?

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: What to do about a swollen uvula?

Post Number:#2  Post by maryclaire » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:30 am

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/315997.php

this article has several remedies...

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by confused1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:28 am

I don't know about a swollen uvula, but I discovered the miracle of fresh pineapple juice for coughs and sore throats. Might be worth a try.

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by francisunderwood » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:53 pm

Thank you both for recommendations, I took extra c all day and drank pineapple juice. I was out on the road so could not chance bowel tolerance. I found some pineapple juice not from concentrate so no idea if its even half as good as fresh but being hydrated helped if nothing else. Also took ibuprofen every 4 hours but it's only gone done by half. This is very odd, anyone else ever have this happen?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:02 am

Old correspondence from the directors of a UK children's charity, after we released our True-Liposomal (Panacea) vitamin C.

Lipo vit C is going well, amazing product!!!!!!!!
We have 22 testimonies of curing/healing various illnesses with 4-8 hours. Illnesses such as tonsillitis, viral sore throat, coughs, colds, uvulitis, lowering type 2diabetes blood sugar count etc etc.

I will prepare the relevant info and either, upload the info or send you an email with details of the quite amazing results.
My wife and I and childrrn have personally experienced the benefits and the curing of numerous coughs and colds. It was I that had the uvulitis. I took 8 spoons at once followed by another 4 spoons 3 hours later, and another 4 spoons 3 hours after that, and the infection literally disappeared! Bear in mind that the uvula had nearly tripled in size and I had called an emergency doctor and was preparing to visit my local hospital A&E(ER).
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”