Weird problem, help needed - blue lips

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

Opti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Weird problem, help needed - blue lips

Post Number:#1  Post by Opti » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:07 am

My lips have this blue cast to them almost all the time. The only times when my lips look healthy pink are right when i wake up in the morning and when I'm lying in couch for some time and also when I'm home alone and "dance" to a good song (jumping around etc. :lol: ).

The number one reason I started to megadose vitamin c was I thought that maybe my blue lips are because my veins are clogged but I'm starting to wonder if this is the case because I don't see this problem with anyone else who has clogged arteries...

I have asked a couple of doctors why my lips look pink after laying down and blue when standing and they really don't have any idea.

Where can I find such intelligent person who is capable solving this thing?

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Weird problem, help needed

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:14 am

Opti wrote:I have asked a couple of doctors why my lips look pink after laying down and blue when standing and they really don't have any idea.

Since it is dependent of position, I would guess Orthostatic hypotension.

However, this again can have different causes. If I think about my mother, who has a pale complexion and blue lips her whole life, actually takes prescriptions against high blood-pressure.

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by skwoodwiva » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:22 am

Is your BP high during the "blue" period?
Try extra hydration at those times

Opti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Opti » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:20 pm

skwoodwiva wrote:Is your BP high during the "blue" period?

My blood pressure is 140/90 when I have blue lips. Today when I walked home from work I looked my lips from the hallway mirror and they were bright lively pink and after few minutes again the blue cast appeared. I breathed through my mouth when I walked home because in winter my nose gets runny outside and I can't breathe through nose outside. And I always breathe through mouth when I sleep.. Could it be that my lips turn blue when I breath through nose only? This is driving me nuts, what's wrong with me?? :(

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by skwoodwiva » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Opti wrote:

My blood pressure is 140/90 when I have blue lips. Today when I walked home from work I looked my lips from the hallway mirror and they were bright lively pink and after few minutes again the blue cast appeared. I breathed through my mouth when I walked home because in winter my nose gets runny outside and I can't breathe through nose outside. And I always breathe through mouth when I sleep.. Could it be that my lips turn blue when I breath through nose only? This is driving me nuts, what's wrong with me?? :(

Drink a lot of water!!!!!
Make magnesium carbonate , see "My Journey" thread in PT section.
Take celery seed ~ .5 gr 3x
Olive leaf 3 x use any Solaray or like
Moringa 2 x of 5 gr organic powder

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#6  Post by skwoodwiva » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:51 pm

skwoodwiva wrote:
Opti wrote:

Drink a lot of water!!!!!
Make magnesium carbonate , see "My Journey" thread in PT section.
Take celery seed ~ .5 gr 3x
Olive leaf 3 x use any Solaray or like
Moringa 2 x of 5 gr organic powder

You might try 1 gr dribose under your tongue so see if that stops the blue. It lowers my BP.

Opti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by Opti » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:57 pm

I just took my blood pressure, it's 112/73 now after being vegan and taking vitamin c. Before it was 140/90 when I consumed lots of dead meat. Still doesn't explain why lips have this blue coat... :x

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by zarfas » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:46 pm

Opti wrote:I just took my blood pressure, it's 112/73 now after being vegan and taking vitamin c. Before it was 140/90 when I consumed lots of dead meat. Still doesn't explain why lips have this blue coat... :x

vegan eh?

eat more veggies.
spinach, argula., rhubarb

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by Johnwen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:17 pm

To get a better grip on what’s going on you should pick up a pulse-oxi meter.
They really have come down in price over the last few years and you pick one up for between $10 to $20.
With this when your lips pick up this blue hue to them you can check and see what your oxygen levels are and as while as your pulse.
This can give you and us a better idea of what’s going on.

I would also like to know if you have any related symptoms. You said your nose clogs up when your outside. What kind of temperature’s cause this problem or is it anytime your outside.
How about anything else like noises when you breath, brittle hair, constipation, aches and pains where?, heart condition, etc. ??

Have you ever pulled your lips down and looked at your gums when your seeing the blue on the lips??? How do they look compared to what they normally are??

However the pulse -oxi meter would be the first step to see if it is a cyanotic condition causing it!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Opti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by Opti » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Thanks for answering Johnwen,

My oxygen level was 100% when tested. I went through lots of different blood tests and CT scans and the only thing they found was I had respiratory acidosis. My urine ph was 5.5 and bicarbonate elevated.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Johnwen is suggesting the low-cost oxygen meter because you could use it to see if there are oxygen level changes in your blood between when you are okay and blue. Your 100% was a one-time look. This monitoring would provide a clue.

I'm not sure why the doc suspects cyanide? (cyanotic condition?) He may be thinking that you may be poisoning yourself somehow, but I can see it is not the vitamin C because you said this condition was pre-C.

The number one reason I started to megadose vitamin c was I thought that maybe my blue lips are because my veins are clogged but I'm starting to wonder if this is the case because I don't see this problem with anyone else who has clogged arteries...

One condition that creates bluish skin is too much silver (colloidal silver), but not just lips. If it doesn't have something to do with silver (or copper) or some other mineral, the only reason the lips should turn color is if more venous (than arterial) blood is present.

Why not answer johnwen's question about any other symptoms (that may indicate a poisoning) and include any mineral supplements you are taking.
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

Opti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Weird problem, help needed - blue lips

Post Number:#12  Post by Opti » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:08 pm

My oxygen level was 100% when my lips were blue so it's not that. Cyanosis has been ruled out, doctors are sure of it.

The only supplements I take now are vitamin D 5000 IU, 150 mcg iodine, 1000 mcg hydroxocobalamin, sodium ascorbate, lysine and proline. I don't mess with any mineral supplements anymore because they seem to mess my electrolyte balances. I get eye twitching if I take magnesium supplements etc. And now that I'm vegan I get over 1000mg magnesium every day from real food.

All of my problems started in 2011. That's when my lips started to look blue and I started to get seasonal allergies to pollen first time in my life. In 2013 my head started to turn slightly on its own, it was diagnosed as cervical dystonia. Dystonia got gradually really bad and I couldn't even go to the store to buy food. It was so bad that I was thinking committing suicide. Then as a last resort I decided to go and remove my amalgam fillings. After all the amalgams were removed my dystonia went better and better week after week. Now it's 95% gone.

The only thing that has ever been found in all the test that has been done to me is that my urine is acidic and bicarbonate level is high. I used to eat really bad before, I did bodybuilding, used whey protein crazy amount every day. I used to eat over 350 grams of protein every day for years and I'm just 175 lbs. And I got bone spurs in my elbows and shoulders in these years. I suspect that I have been suffering from severe acidosis for years. Can't think of anything else right now..

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by pamojja » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:43 am

Opti wrote:And now that I'm vegan I get over 1000mg magnesium every day from real food.

Are you sure? Did you measure every food you eat in a day, and enter it in a program like cronometer to calculate how much Magnesium you truly get from your food?

I'm asking because I never could go much above 600 mg/d of Mg intake from food. And I don't believe 1000 mg - more-so on a ongoing basis - is even possible with foods alone.

If you never measured but just guessed, would you list what you eat in average each day?

Opti
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#14  Post by Opti » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Well I eat these same foods every day and same amounts too.
Food Magnesium
Buckwheat 400g (dry weight) - 720mg
Broccoli 900 g - 216mg
Cucumber 400g - 35mg
Sweet Potato 800g - 200mg
Chickpeas 300g (dry weight) - 390 mg
Total: - 1561mg of magnesium from real food every single day.

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#15  Post by pamojja » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:35 am

Opti wrote:Well I eat these same foods every day and same amounts too.
Food Magnesium
Buckwheat 400g (dry weight) - 720mg
Broccoli 900 g - 216mg
Cucumber 400g - 35mg
Sweet Potato 800g - 200mg
Chickpeas 300g (dry weight) - 390 mg
Total: - 1561mg of magnesium from real food every single day.

Interesting diet you've got. By eating almost 3000 kcal each day you must be really big, to have such a huge caloric need (more than a third more than mine). My calculation of these food items gives me 1392 mg Mg too.

I'm asking because I never could go much above 600 mg/d of Mg intake from food. And I don't believe 1000 mg - more-so on a ongoing basis - is even possible with foods alone.

Now I also realize why I couldn't reach such amounts of Mg with my food-intake. Beside being simply not able of eating such huge amounts, anything with lots of carbohydrates or even starches makes me diabetic. Therefore that much buckwheat, potatoes and chickpeas isn't possible for me.

You get about 500 grams of carbs each day this way, I can't take more than 50 grams a day for preventing becoming diabetic. However, in this case I'm assured you're aware that you get absolutely no vitamin B12 or vitamin D3 from your diet and supplement accordingly.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”