Strep B -Pregnancy

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

musashie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Strep B -Pregnancy

Post Number:#1  Post by musashie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:19 am

This is a different topic.. but for some reason I am unable to locate 'New Topic; tab on my account...

Group B Strep while pregnant first trimester. Doctor prescribed course anti biotics 12 weeks in. Has anyone any info to share regarding alternatives to anti biotics. I am looking at AA but cannot find anything specific..

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: IM VIT c - SUPPLY

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:51 am

As an alterative type, reporting on the use of natural antibodies will be nill because of the risk involved of the chance of the child being born with the infection and claiming they followed the protocol and this still happened and that opens a door to legal action. So the best advice I could give with this is follow your doctors protocol.

Here’s some info on what this is and how it affects what!

http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy- ... infection/
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Strep B -Pregnancy

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:19 pm

musashie wrote:Group B Strep while pregnant first trimester. Doctor prescribed course anti biotics 12 weeks in.

Well worth reading the whole:

http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy- ... infection/

..If you test positive for GBS and meet the high risk criteria, your physician will probably recommend giving you antibiotics through an IV during your delivery to prevent your baby from becoming ill. Taking antibiotics greatly decreases the chances of your baby developing early onset group B strep infection.

For women who are group B strep carriers, antibiotics given before labor begins are not effective at preventing the transmission of the group B bacteria. Since they naturally live in the gastrointestinal tract, the bacteria can come back after taking antibiotics. A woman may test positive at certain times and negative at others. This is why it is important for all pregnant women to be tested for group B strep between 35 to 37 weeks of every pregnancy.

...Treating the mother with oral antibiotics during the pregnancy may decrease the amount of GBS for a short time, but it will not eliminate the bacteria completely and will leave the baby unprotected at birth. Also, waiting to treat the baby with antibiotics after birth is often too late to prevent illness if the baby is at high risk of contracting GBS.

Wow. Despite these observations that oral isn't effective, and IVs have to be given during delivery, your doc seems pretty off.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”