Best Vitamin C for children prone to colds

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

Ann86

Best Vitamin C for children prone to colds

Post Number:#1  Post by Ann86 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:06 am

Hi, I'm in Australia. New to the concept of mega dose vitamin C, but hoping it might help my little ones who are very prone to colds. We have been slowly transitioning to a Weston Price diet, but the 4,3 and 2 year olds still seem very prone to severe respiratory infections. Can you recommend a brand and dose of Vitamin C that I can purchase in Aus?

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Best Vitamin C for children prone to colds

Post Number:#2  Post by pamojja » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Ann86 wrote:Hi, I'm in Australia. New to the concept of mega dose vitamin C, but hoping it might help my little ones who are very prone to colds. We have been slowly transitioning to a Weston Price diet, but the 4,3 and 2 year olds still seem very prone to severe respiratory infections. Can you recommend a brand and dose of Vitamin C that I can purchase in Aus?

Good new article about treatment in children with ascorbate: http://orthomolecular.activehosted.com/ ... 879bb2a.94

Basically any pure cristalling ascorbic acid or sodium ascorbate powder will do. One can make one's own sodium ascorbate solution by mixing ascorbic acid with sodium bicarbonate powder in a glass of water.

Wouldn't use pill or capsules to avoid too many fillers/binders with high dose vitamin C.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Best Vitamin C for children prone to colds

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:33 pm

good advice.

Pioneer Fred Klenner recommended 1 g (daily) per year of age, so 2 g, 3 g and 4 g.
Divide up and take 250 mg or 500 mg dosages through out day. If no loose stools, even larger doses, perhaps 4 times per day.
I like giving chewable vitamin C as a "candy" except for the sugar. If you find sugar=free. Ouila
otherwise if glucose sweetner, better than sucrose (fructose)

Your kids will never be healthier

p.s. I never had to go over 6 g daily with my son. Exceptionally healthy remaining at the dosage
as he grew older.

ps. think vitamin D/sunlight. encourage 30 minutes around noon daily.
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”