Amino acid excess, and imbalance

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

sammy12345
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Amino acid excess, and imbalance

Post Number:#1  Post by sammy12345 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:12 am

There is a bunch of studies showing excess amino acids given to rats inhibits growth, and giving extra of one or several amino acids causes problems. So the claim protein is needed for big muscles, and for body building is a lie, and the opposite is true- excess protein shrinks muscles, and inhibits growth. Protein should probably be only taken up to the RDA- even less might be fine- which means eating low protein foods compared to meat like fruit/veges/whole grains.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Amino acid excess, and imbalance

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:10 am

So tell me why you are on this vitamin C forum if you don’t believe taking amino acids and large doses of vitamin C doesn’t work..are you just trying to cause doubt ..

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by zarfas » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:54 am

sammy12345 wrote:There is a bunch of studies showing excess amino acids given to rats inhibits growth, and giving extra of one or several amino acids causes problems. So the claim protein is needed for big muscles, and for body building is a lie, and the opposite is true- excess protein shrinks muscles, and inhibits growth. Protein should probably be only taken up to the RDA- even less might be fine- which means eating low protein foods compared to meat like fruit/veges/whole grains.

nah
show where you get this stuff?
bunch of non sequitur and strawmen arguments here

are you talking about igF1?

sounds like you need to get learning
read the protien book by lyle mcdonald

funny how bb's eat gobs of amino acids and arent small, even the drug-free natty ones!!

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by exitium » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:16 am

sammy12345 wrote:There is a bunch of studies showing excess amino acids given to rats inhibits growth, and giving extra of one or several amino acids causes problems. So the claim protein is needed for big muscles, and for body building is a lie, and the opposite is true- excess protein shrinks muscles, and inhibits growth. Protein should probably be only taken up to the RDA- even less might be fine- which means eating low protein foods compared to meat like fruit/veges/whole grains.

Ambiguous claims are worthless. Define excess. Whats the RDA and how can someone possibly think that an RDA value is both applicable to a 140lb man AND a 240 athlete? Makes no sense at all.

Im not trying to be confrontational here but specific details are warranted. The terms excess and several are way too open to interpretation to be of any value at all.

Lastly my performance in the gym drives my decisions. Just because some studies show that several unnamed amino's cause undefined problems means nothing to me. However if I change my diet and see significant changes in my athletic performance and recovery thats valuable data.

sammy12345
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by sammy12345 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:24 pm

Dropbox now charges for their service so I can't upload the studies into that. Just google amino acid imbalance NCBI, and excessive protein NCBI or search pubmed with those then [title].

Yes protein is making body builders weaker, and stopping them growing.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by zarfas » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:40 pm

sammy12345 wrote:Dropbox now charges for their service so I can't upload the studies into that. Just google amino acid imbalance NCBI, and excessive protein NCBI or search pubmed with those then [title].

Yes protein is making body builders weaker, and stopping them growing.

find something to support your claims, it goes against everything Ive learned.

sammy12345
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by sammy12345 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:04 am

I told you to look in the literature. Looks like this forum is fall of pharma scientists. All a bunch of crooked liars.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by zarfas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:17 am

sammy12345 wrote:I told you to look in the literature. Looks like this forum is fall of pharma scientists. All a bunch of crooked liars.

and we asked you to provide links to support your claims, which is a lot easier..... but you can't do cause you are just m aking stuff up.

your posts are just lies mixed with strawmen and non sequitur topics

no one is going to miss you, go eat your PBJ sandwhiches

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by exitium » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:14 am

sammy12345 wrote:Yes protein is making body builders weaker, and stopping them growing.

So your telling me that the tens of thousands of people whose own independent and personal research in the form of personal experience with diet and tracking progress in the gym are wrong and a few scientists are right? I think quite a few IFBB pro's would disagree with you. The term excess does not mean the same thing to some scrawny 140lb guy that it does to some 250lb guy and that is what you seem to fail to grasp. Excess is realative and not a static number like the RDA would have you believe.

Having said that, im not saying there isnt any truth to what you are reading im simply stating that life is not a "one size fits all" existence and that most scientific research does not take into account people who live lifestyles and have lean body mass far outside the normal curve. You can not simply apply the "rules" to everyone with a broad bush and expect the sames results.

For example, the BMI and whats considered a desired body mass, desired by who? Not everyone wants to be weak and scrawny and just because you have a high BMI doesnt mean you arent fit. For example, I know my bodyfat and if I subtract my bodyfat from my total weight that should leave me with a weight thats completely comprised of just bone, muscle and organs. If I use just that number for my weight in the BMI algorithm I am considered Obese. Someone carrying around an extra 50lbs of muscle is largely in far superior shape than someone carrying around 50lbs of extra fat.

How about creatinine? Another area where science dictates "normal" range but just about everyone I know who has "excess" muscle mass is on the very high end of that or lab range even though all other tests indicate they are completely healthy. I could go on and on.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by zarfas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:40 am

exitium wrote:.
just because you have a high BMI doesnt mean you arent fit. For example, I know my bodyfat and if I subtract my bodyfat from my total weight that should leave me with a weight thats completely comprised of just bone, muscle and organs. If I use just that number for my weight in the BMI algorithm I am considered Obese. Someone carrying around an extra 50lbs of muscle is largely in far superior shape than someone carrying around 50lbs of extra fat.

well said

BMI is a tool to use if you dont lift

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”