Post Number:#1  Post by zarfas » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:02 am

so what to do about high Bp?

what are your thoughts?
my thoughts are
-cut out caffeine
-lose weight
-eat more foods(veggies) high in nitrates to make more NO and lower BP
-no man made foods
-a low carb diet(less than 40grams CHO) will lower BP, and is a good way to start off a diet(2 weeeks low carb) but I dont like a low carb diet, since a
low carb diet is likely high in fat

-take more MG

any more thoughts?

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: high blood pressure, what to do?

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:50 am

Well I eat healthy no processed food ..and always try to buy locally..been on the PT thearpy for almost 2 years now..and still have to take 5 mgs of lisinipril.. my bottom BP number is always low ..the top number is around 120/66 in the morning..and rises up to 140/78 by the evening ..I’m a very high stressed person and keep trying to get the stress down but it does not always work ..I walk most every day and do weight lifting 2 times a week..I will be 73 in July and maybe it’s just an aging thing .does it go up as we age..I would be interested in a way to lower the top number..without meds ..

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by zarfas » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:44 pm

Joanna45 wrote:Well I eat healthy no processed food ..and always try to buy locally..been on the PT thearpy for almost 2 years now..and still have to take 5 mgs of lisinipril.. my bottom BP number is always low ..the top number is around 120/66 in the morning..and rises up to 140/78 by the evening ..

doesnt sound that bad
are you overweight, at all? it doesnt sound like you are.
why did you get on pt? what changes have you noticed from PT

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by Joanna45 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:51 pm

I’m not overweight..126lbs 5’2”.. I got on PT thearpy because I had 50% narrowing in my superior mesenteric artery and the same in the mesenteric celiac artery ..had intense pain immediately after eating had an mesenertic duplex ultrasound done and that is what was found..had all the other tests with the heart done also..heart was not narrowed..after about a week on the PT could eat again and now can do all my regular activities ...no pain..but my blood pressure stayed about the same..my doctor would not repeat the mesenteric ultrasound to see if the narrowing was gone as she said I was symptom free.. and she does not believe that vitamin C is the reason i’m Feeling better..

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by confused1 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:21 pm

Joanna45 wrote:Well I eat healthy no processed food ..and always try to buy locally..been on the PT thearpy for almost 2 years now..and still have to take 5 mgs of lisinipril.. my bottom BP number is always low ..the top number is around 120/66 in the morning..and rises up to 140/78 by the evening ..I’m a very high stressed person and keep trying to get the stress down but it does not always work ..I walk most every day and do weight lifting 2 times a week..I will be 73 in July and maybe it’s just an aging thing .does it go up as we age..I would be interested in a way to lower the top number..without meds ..
I take a liquid celery seed extract and liquid olive leaf extract. My bp came down from really high to normal, usually around 115/75. The bottom number came down pretty quickly but the top number took a few months to come down. Johnwen says celery seed extract is a diuretic but I've also read it has natural calcium channel blocking properties. Olive leaf is supposed to be a natural ace inhibitor. Together they work really well for me.

soflsun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by soflsun » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:41 am

Joanna,

How high is your blood pressure?

Can you increase your physical activity a bit? Maybe an incline on a treadmill or a quicker pace?

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by zarfas » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:43 am

confused1 wrote:I take a liquid celery seed extract and liquid olive leaf extract. My bp came down from really high to normal, usually around 115/75. The bottom number came down pretty quickly but the top number took a few months to come down. Johnwen says celery seed extract is a diuretic but I've also read it has natural calcium channel blocking properties. Olive leaf is supposed to be a natural ace inhibitor. Together they work really well for me.

can you give alink to what you buy for
"olive lead extract
-liquid celery extract?

-cosumerlabs says olive leaf lowered BP in studies(250 people 25-60) used 500mg(2x day ) had lower BP, or captopril...(BP meds) both groups had similar lower BP results

https://www.consumerlab.com/tnp.asp?chunkiid=21725
I looked on consumer labs and they say to reduce BP
-Coq10--works in diabetics
-vitamin C

the health guy I know did a page on how helowered his BP

-no caffeine drinks
-added high nitrate foods(arugula, spinach, rhubarb are top three
-lose fat
-fasting
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/fast ... -pressure/

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#8  Post by confused1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:07 am

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson ... -ml-liquid
I use these. You can often catch them on sale and get them cheaper. I originally began juicing celery and drinking the juice of an entire bundle of stalks daily. This significantly lowered my bp and when I discovered the extract I began using it cautiously, not knowing if would have the same effect as fresh celery juice. But my bp stayed normal. Now I put both in my morning DMSO. The celery seed extract actually makes the DMSO a little more palatable.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by zarfas » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:52 am

confused1 wrote:https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-celery-seed-liquid-extract-1-fl-oz-29-6-ml-liquid
I use these. You can often catch them on sale and get them cheaper. I originally began juicing celery and drinking the juice of an entire bundle of stalks daily. This significantly lowered my bp and when I discovered the extract I began using it cautiously, not knowing if would have the same effect as fresh celery juice. But my bp stayed normal. Now I put both in my morning DMSO. The celery seed extract actually makes the DMSO a little more palatable.

thanks!

have you ever tried arugula?

I used to drink a cup of coffee about an hour before work, then at work, Id see a nurse and get my BP checked
the coffee made it high..
IF i had a 4oz of arugula+coffee, it would be normal to low

Im interested in celery as celery is high in nitrates also...I wonder if the extract is high in nitrates, and from you remarking about the BP lowering affects, I bet it is

thanks for the links

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#10  Post by confused1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Never had arugula in my life. Guess I'm missing out, huh? :wink:

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by zarfas » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:34 am

confused1 wrote:Never had arugula in my life. Guess I'm missing out, huh? :wink:

I wouldnt say you are missing out, its a fkn veggie :wink:
but it makes the spinach more palatable and it is high in nitrates
1. Arugula Lettuce

Arugula is one of the best foods high in nitratesKnown to be one of the most nitrate rich foods in the whole planet, arugula (often also called rucola) lettuce fits perfectly into a man’s life, right next to the bacon and eggs.

This lettuce has an pungent and even bitter flavor, it can be mixed into salads
https://www.anabolicmen.com/5-nitrate-rich-foods/

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#12  Post by confused1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:44 am

Yeah, I read about it. Sounds good and good for you. I'm going to grow some this year. So thanks.
I was reading about blueberries last night and found a study of their bp lowering effect in the elderly due to increasing NO 60+% in the blood. Pretty small amount, like half cup per day.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by zarfas » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:05 am

confused1 wrote:Yeah, I read about it. Sounds good and good for you. I'm going to grow some this year. So thanks.
I was reading about blueberries last night and found a study of their bp lowering effect in the elderly due to increasing NO 60+% in the blood. Pretty small amount, like half cup per day.

my parents are both on BP meds and when they eat a handful of arugula, 3x a day, few hours apart, they said their numbers are within normal, even when not using their meds.

you read this?
https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/90/1/1/4596750
Food sources of nitrates and nitrites: the physiologic context for potential health benefits

In table 5 they mention,Nature’s Way Garden Veggie, which is just nitrates and the highest nitrate and nitrite concentrations of any food tested, ie, 27,890 and 10.5 mg/100 g FW, respectively. Each capsule of this supplement contains 900 mg desiccated vegetable product, and label recommendations suggest a daily intake of 2 capsules daily

I also take them,https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Veggies-Dietary-Supplements/dp/B0009ETA80?th=1
when I take my AA and lysine pills...

but you eat a bunch of argula/spinach and you won't need coffee....

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#14  Post by confused1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:43 pm

Lol, I appreciate it but I don't think I'll be giving up my morning cup of coffee. But adding arugula, definitely.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#15  Post by zarfas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:30 am

confused1 wrote:Lol, I appreciate it but I don't think I'll be giving up my morning cup of coffee. But adding arugula, definitely.

I never EVER said give up coffee!!!

zarfas wrote:have you ever tried arugula?

I used to drink a cup of coffee about an hour before work, then at work, Id see a nurse and get my BP checked
the coffee made it high..
IF i had a 4oz of arugula+coffee, it would be normal to low

Id get tested after having my 44oz coffee from the QT

but You can get be even more efficent(Im assuming you are a dude and have a prostate)
get a vitamix blender
add 1lb broccoli(low-mediume in nitrates, but a great veggie)
add hanful of cranberries

1 whole grapefuit(great for preventing prostate issues) ie
Choosing to regularly eat lycopene-rich foods, such as pink grapefruit, and drink green tea may greatly reduce a man's risk of developing prostate cancer, suggests research published the Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition (Jian L, Lee AH, et al.)

In this case-control study involving 130 prostate cancer patients and 274 hospital controls, men drinking the most green tea were found to have an 86% reduced risk of prostate cancer compared, to those drinking the least.

great, but why grapefruit?
Naringenin
Naringenin, a flavonoid concentrated in grapefruit, helps repair damaged DNA in human prostate cancer cells (cell line LNCaP), reports a lab study published in the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry.

The risk of prostate cancer, the most commonly diagnosed cancer in men in the U.S, increases with age since the older we become, the more times our cells have divided and the greater the chance for DNA mutations to occur. DNA repair is one of the body's primary defense mechanisms against the development of cancer since it removes potentially cancer-causing mutations in cells.

Naringenin helps restore health to damaged DNA by inducing two enzymes that repair DNA during the replication stage. These enzymes, 8-oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase 1 (hOGG1), and DNA polymerase beta (DNA poly beta), are both involved in the DNA base excision repair (BER) pathway.
source
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tnam ... ce&dbid=25

at any rate, the vitamix, blends EVERYTHING into a drink you can swallow with a straw and your drink is so good for you

and dr blaylock says the vitamix allowos great absorption becuase it "chews" the food for you, allowing more absorption than just chewing

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”