Re: New Rules - nobody is losing forum privileges

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

popnowlin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: New Rules - loss of forum privileges for not supporting Owen

Post Number:#1  Post by popnowlin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 pm

Popnowlin did not get my authorization to rescind my dictate (I was isolated in a mental ward.) Although I did not object to his posting at the time that I would not turn off everyone. I have my reputation to protect. I said something, right or wrong, and I am following through.

I asked for help following me on Twitter, and I appreciate beyond words the loyal forum members who complied and have participated. All loyal members accounts will be preserved. I will elevate them to higher positions at the forum.

And as promised in my flamboyant mental state of hernia-mesh toxicity, the accounts of all those who did not follow me on Twitter, are about to be expunged during our move to a new server this weekend. You can always "reapply". I have not decided whether to delete all your posts.

And there is still time to follow OWENRFONOROW on twitter. I will see how at the forum is following me (you need to use an account like you have here for me to know). Lets make it Friday midnight.

popnowlin wrote:This was a mistake. Nobody is going to lose forum privileges if you don't follow Owen on twitter. He is in the hospital recovering and getting into shape for his surgery. He will be back on his feet soon and back on the forum himself. I apologize if anyone was offended. Please hang in there. If you choose to follow Owen on twitter that is your choice and your choice alone.

Thanks for your patience.

Jerry
Popnowlin
Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: New Rules - nobody is losing forum privileges

Post Number:#2  Post by zarfas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:50 am

ofonorow wrote:I will expect to see zarfas (aka blade) soon following #OWENRFONOROW on twitter.. and thats it Blade.. no rants unless you have a personal story of success with vitamin C you want to share. Using the "blade" twitter feed.

Im not sure why I'm being singled out, but I'm following you now(Obi.wan Kenobi!)
@bladezarfas

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: New Rules - You Follow #OWENRFONOROW or you lose Forum Privileges

Post Number:#3  Post by zarfas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:52 am

ofonorow wrote:
Given all this, think about what may happen if the world does change after next Monday.. Little birdies are screaming to me that I should take all money out of my own stocks - and move EVERYTHING to money markets.. Another task for tomorrow..

Think how you would feel if all banks and ATMs were closed..

what am I missing? what is going to change after next monday?
(BTW, I wouldnt notice if banks/atms were closed, I live on credit and my smile/charm!) :roll:

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by pamojja » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:57 am

ofonorow wrote:I will expect to see zarfas (aka blade) soon following #OWENRFONOROW on twitter.. and thats it Blade.. no rants unless you have a personal story of success with vitamin C you want to share. Using the "blade" twitter feed.

Ditto all of you - so long as I see your forum handles following me on Twitter, I won't delete your forum account.

In anticipation of an unprecedented demand on forum-members to join Twitter - which I'll never do due to AI reasons and such services selling personal data to the highest bidders - I hereby say goodbye and fare well to all members at the vitamin C forum.

Bye, bye.

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by johnyascorbate » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:31 am

Ditto all of you - so long as I see your forum handles following me on Twitter, I won't delete your forum account.

Are you serious Owen? I don't use twitter. Please tell me this is a joke...

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by pamojja » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:48 am

johnyascorbate wrote:re you serious Owen? I don't use twitter. Please tell me this is a joke...

You are right, that must have been a joke. A really bad one at that. There are 2542 members of the vitamin C forum. Only about 50 could be classified active by having posted more than 100 posts. It's either logistically almost impossible to single out those who don't follow on Twitter, or it anyway means the suicide of the vitamin C forum by deleting it's most active members.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by exitium » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:10 am

Im not a twitter user either.

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#8  Post by johnyascorbate » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:15 am

pamojja wrote:You are right, that must have been a joke. A really bad one at that. There are 2542 members of the vitamin C forum. Only about 50 could be classified active by having posted more than 100 posts. It's either logistically almost impossible to single out those who don't follow on Twitter, or it anyway means the suicide of the vitamin C forum by deleting it's most active members.

exitium wrote:Im not a twitter user either.

Owen, you have done a lot for all of us by creating a space to openly discuss all things orthomolecular. We are all grateful. But threatening to delete our accounts so you can accumulate fake non active followers on twitter is pretty low.

ekaitz
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#9  Post by ekaitz » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:49 am

Another one here with not one social network profile to feed the big bother. Hope someday there'll be friendly decentralized social networks, sustained and managed by and for the people and not the Orwellian corporatism to keep us from freedom we have today, disguised by this nasty "connecting-people" good vibe marketing.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by zarfas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:17 am

johnyascorbate wrote:
Owen, you have done a lot for all of us by creating a space to openly discuss all things orthomolecular. We are all grateful. But threatening to delete our accounts so you can accumulate fake non active followers on twitter is pretty low.

I agree, but I also see Owen's side, he wouldnt really delete the active members, but he wanted some people to follow him and maybe post

i made a twatter account and am following him, i even twatted something, but Im not using it again, I used a temporary email to make the account and I dont even own or use a computer/smart phone, etc.
```

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by Johnwen » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:34 am

au·thor·i·tar·i·an ?? THôr?'tere?n/
adjective:
authoritarian
1. Favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom!

Authoritarian personality is a state of mind or attitude characterized by belief in absolute obedience or submission to someone else’s authority, as well as the administration of that belief through the oppression of one's subordinates. It usually applies to individuals who are known or viewed as having an authoritative, strict, or oppressive personality towards subordinates.

I got better things to do then sit around and look at small blips of full sentences of what people think of the world and what’s going on with their bowel movements AKA Twitter!

Therefore I do NOT use this app!

So I guess its been a good 9 year run!
I hope someone can give the forum real world views of what’s really happening inside them!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#12  Post by zarfas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:41 am

Johnwen wrote:
I got better things to do then sit around and look at small blips of full sentences of what people think of the world and what’s going on with their bowel movements AKA Twitter!

so I guess you arent on facebook?

I only know Trump is on twatter and he comes off as a fool.....
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainmen ... ?a=viewall

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#13  Post by confused1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:35 pm

Twitter and Facebook both censor conservative views and sell your information. I can't support either one. I don't think they'll let you post what you're planning anyway. My wife had an account with Facebook once and I tried to post something about vitamin c and they deleted it. I sincerely hope your surgery goes well and you change mind about this policy.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#14  Post by zarfas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:48 pm

confused1 wrote:Twitter and Facebook both censor conservative views and sell your information. I can't support either one. I don't think they'll let you post what you're planning anyway. My wife had an account with Facebook once and I tried to post something about vitamin c and they deleted it. I sincerely hope your surgery goes well and you change mind about this policy.

no they dont delete stuff, like vit C stuff..
only if you break TOS, which is basic stuff, no sex, etc

where did you post this vit C stuff on facebook? i Use facebook a lot, have several health related articles on my page, one about vit C, and never had any problems.

where did you post this info that was deleted? someone elses site?

sell your info? likely, just like a grocery store tracks what you buy with the little barcode keychain you use to get discounts

what is facebook gonna show about your life?
address. social, DOB, bank passwords.... no, unless you actually put that stuff on facebook

use facebook as a tool to share pics with family/friends and/or keep in touch with old friends
It makes no sense why mark z went before congess to try and teach them about the internet.........
if you want it private, dont put it online,,,

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#15  Post by confused1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:30 am

I think I may have told someone to try vitamin c for a health problem. I guess it was considered giving medical advice.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”