heart disease or breast cancer

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 am
Contact:

heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#1  Post by zarfas » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:09 am

so I am unsure if what i read is true:
women are 10x more likely to get heart disease, than breast cancer?

and since i have no link to a page that succinctly tells me how to fight heart disease:
measure your Lpa get your Lpa under 10mg/dl

if above 10, then:
get BMI down to 25 or less
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22530540

-take some vit C every 2 hours(10grams/day at least)
-eat eggwhites or proline/lysine try to get 5 grams at a day

=take niacin
-take vit K2
-get more magneessium
proper amounts of vit D to get a blood level of 60-100 ng/ml https://www.peakenergy.com/hydroxyvitamin.php

sarachen
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:59 am
Contact:

Re: heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#2  Post by sarachen » Tue May 22, 2018 4:34 pm

Lipoprotein a is a useful marker to test. Also, consider checking your ApoB level and your LDL particle numbers. These are more sophisticated tests that will give you more detail to help you track your progress.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 447
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:56 pm
Contact:

Re: heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#3  Post by jimmylesante » Wed May 23, 2018 12:50 pm

-eat eggwhites or proline/lysine try to get 5 grams at a day
why only egg whites? That is dated . Plus half the protein is found in the yolk anyway and the whole food is complimentary....the fat nd protein need each other to be eaten at the same time to be ingested better.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#4  Post by zarfas » Thu May 24, 2018 2:00 pm

jimmylesante wrote:-eat eggwhites or proline/lysine try to get 5 grams at a day
why only egg whites? That is dated . Plus half the protein is found in the yolk anyway and the whole food is complimentary....the fat nd protein need each other to be eaten at the same time to be ingested better.

because eggwhites have loads of lysine/proline and the yolk is full of the substrate for inflammation called: Arachidonic Acid

n. Arachadonic Acid has been shown in many studies to increase systemic inflammation,

Arachidonic Acid is both necessary and essential. Again, it is TOO MUCH dietary AA that causes problems.

now, I know some people who eat 2 whole eggs a day and still have low HS=CRP(inflammation)
so eating yolks doesnt mean you WILL have increased inflammation,

Ive never heard or read that yo need yolks to work with the eggs or absorb protein
and I've been eating eggwhites for 18years not due to PT, but because the protein is so easy to get without tag along fats
Dean Ornish agrees with me about eating eggwhites
in those 18 years, I've had 2 major cuts in my weight, using bodyfat measurments I've lost 40-80lbs of fat each cut and my diet is vegerarian exceot for eggwhites to keep my muscle
and it works fine, the only fat I would get is from EFA pills--both cuts were before learning about PT, so I didnt get coQ10, Vit k2(pills), those are the only pillls I can think of that I have added that have fat in them


I agree that fat is very benficial to help absorb nutrients, but I've never seen it to absorb the lysine/proline in egggwhites
Im interered in learing
this atrile says as you age yuo need more lysine
http://www.fit-leader.com/eng-articles/lysine.shtml

gotta go, no time to edit

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 447
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:56 pm
Contact:

Re: heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#5  Post by jimmylesante » Fri May 25, 2018 3:52 am

AA is only high in non-organic eggs.

But throwing away the yolk you are wasting the good stuff.
AA is only inflammatory if you don't have enough Omega 3 which are also found in the egg yolk.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#6  Post by zarfas » Fri May 25, 2018 1:28 pm

jimmylesante wrote:AA is only high in non-organic eggs.

But throwing away the yolk you are wasting the good stuff.
AA is only inflammatory if you don't have enough Omega 3 which are also found in the egg yolk.

yeah,I'm having my real doubts about not eating yolk, because Ive a buddy who eats 12-16 whole eggs week and has low HS-CRP, but he is diabetic and has low testostrone/high estrogen....

so ya, yolks are likely ok for short term, maybe
BUT --I still dont' see any benefit to eating them?

1 I buy eggwhites from bulk warehousea and they are a cheap/easy form of protein and lysine/proline
and
2 Dr mcdougal/ornish talk all the time about the benefits of a low fat diet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyRuDpqYuvY

3 being on a low fat diet means I get more out of my high nitrate diet(spinach/arugula) than I would with fat
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Saturat ... Oxide.aspx


so, while you can lose weight eating ANYTHING(as this guy showed by eating junk food, but counting calories http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/tw ... index.html )

Im not finding any info that makes eating yolks to be useful or any reason to start eating them, Ive found reasons to not eat them only... so I'm good on skipping them as I have the last 18 yrs

oh, I dont see any info on what you said about needing yolks to properly absorb the lysine/proline?
ie this statememt:
jimmylesante wrote:..the fat nd protein need each other to be eaten at the same time to be ingested better.

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 796
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:44 am
Contact:

Re: heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#7  Post by pamojja » Sat May 26, 2018 7:04 am

zarfas wrote:
jimmylesante wrote:1 I buy eggwhites from bulk warehousea and they are a cheap/easy form of protein and lysine/proline


Personally I take organically fed free range eggs for their high phospatidylcholine content (above a gram per egg) and other nutrients. Helped me to heal my NAFDL. Couldn't observe any of the labs worsening mentioned by zarfas from eating 2 per day, on the contrary they all improved (actually observed many of my numbers getting worse always after a fluctuation in liver enzymes). However, I am on a high-fat diet, and if I mixed it with too many carbs, I'm sure worsening would be possible too.

The no. 1 reason I would avoid egg-whites like the plaque, they aren't even available organic where I life (only found it here), which means with conventionally raised eggs one gets at least a good steady daily dose of antibiotics. Not to talk about the much higher fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides found in conventionally fed. Especially with animal food where all these synthetic poisons accumulate. With the bonus that organically raised eggs are still cheap - compared with the amount of high quality protein and nutrients one can get.

My microbiome result rewarded me with a higher diversity of gut microbes than 93% of all tested last year for all my efforts in clean and varied eating.

The no. 2 reason I would avoid egg-whites not less important, the moment anything is taken from a whole egg and put in a bottle, it requires to be industrially being in some way processed. Either with preservatives or pasteurization. I also avoid industrially processed and packed foods for obvious reasons as much as possible. Except with pure vitamin powders I need in high doses and not possible to get from food otherwise. The worst form would certainly be due to oxidation to get all that egg-whites in powder form.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#8  Post by zarfas » Sat May 26, 2018 8:42 am

pamojja wrote:
I take organically fed free range eggs for their high phospatidylcholine content (above a gram per egg) and other nutrients. Helped me to heal my NAFDL. Couldn't observe any of the labs worsening mentioned by zarfas from eating 2 per day, .


Eggs healed your Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease?
(NAFLD is the build up of extra fat in liver cells that is not caused by alcohol)
Interesting, but i looked into that and it might be because of the choline in eggs
http://fattyliverdietguide.org/eat-your-eggs-choline/

Choline Metabolism Provides Novel Insights into Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and its Progression
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3601486/

and some info on choline: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tnam ... nt&dbid=50

choline is used a in Methylation, which is key in turning on/off genes: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/transcript ... genes.html
sources of http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tnam ... #foodchart


pamojja wrote:The no. 1 reason I would avoid egg-whites. Not to talk about the much higher fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides with animal food where all these synthetic poisons accumulate. With the bonus that organically raised eggs are still cheap - compared with the amount of high quality protein and nutrients one can get.
.


how cheap are these organic eggs you get?
pamojja wrote:With the bonus that organically raised eggs are still cheap - compared with the amount of high quality protein and nutrients one can get.


google says organic eggs are $3 -$5dozen
(my relatives work at the USDA and laugh at the word,"organic" saying it carries little, if any, meaning)
my eggwhites are $ 2.25/50grams protein..so about the same..except, I can drink mine from the carton and you have to cook or crack 12 eggs. which rehashes what i said above:
zarfas wrote: because the protein is so easy to get without tag along fats




I'd jump on your bandwagon asap, if I saw some evidence eggwhites are bad and Dr Mcdougall was wrong about animal fat....Like your theory about food processing.fertilizer, etc and avoiding eggwhites, I gave theory to avoid yolks, then said how my friend eats yolks(12+/week) and shows no high HS-CRP, low Lp(a)' (the only ways to quantify the theory i stated and linked to(cause its not mine)
I already do some stuff based on theories:
I rarely eat meat
I drink mostly RO water
I try to using glass and avoiding plastics
I dunno why pasteurization would be a bad thing........
-eat low fat, high starch(fruit/veggie diet)

maybe, eggwhites cause my eczema? But that's pretty recent and I've eggwhites for decades



Now on a different topic
has what I've been reading most of my life been wrong?
stuff like
"It has also been demonstrated that the cessation of a cholesterol-rich diet and the subsequent lowering of serum cholesterol results in the regression of atherosclerosis in various mammalian and avian species, including herbivores, omnivores, carnivores and nonhuman primates.31 In one experiment Armstrong and colleagues induced severe atherosclerosis in rhesus monkeys by feeding a diet with 40% of calories from egg yolks for 17 months. The egg yolks were then removed from the monkeys diet and replaced with a cholesterol-free diet with either 40% of calories from corn oil or low-fat chow with 77% calories from sugar for three years, resulting in a reduction of serum cholesterol to <140 mg/dl and a marked regression of atherosclerosis"
https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2013nl/may/travis.htm

is atherosclerosis caused by cholestrol in the blood or by lack of collagen(vit C) in the body?

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 796
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:44 am
Contact:

Re: heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#9  Post by pamojja » Sat May 26, 2018 1:23 pm

zarfas wrote:(my relatives work at the USDA and laugh at the word,"organic" saying it carries little, if any, meaning)


Sometimes I must think you life in a different universe. Ever thought about to talk with the farmers themselves, who give or don't give antibiotics (and all other toxins) to their livestock?

Meanwhile you may also become aware, that a human consists of less then half than human cells itself, the rest being microbes with enormous impact on human health. What happens to these microbes if you take Antibiotics (on a daily basis as with conventionally raised livestock)? Antibiotics killing bacteria is only a theory? And Glyphosate hasn't antibacterial properties either? The dangerous development of Antibiotic-resistant gems through the overuse mainly in conventional animal husbandry only a theory?

Please educate yourself about that particular (majority) part of your being, with this writeup of existing research with reverences, which you ignorantly give a hard time by every bite you eat. By believing your relative and not doing your own research of the existing literature. (Don't believe that article, do read and judge the reverences yourself..)

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#10  Post by zarfas » Sat May 26, 2018 5:37 pm

Sometikmes I wonder if english is your second language
for example:

my understanding of what you mention doesnt change the fact that USDA, which has people actually go to farms and look at them ect, saying"organic" when the "organic" stuff STILL uses herbicides or pesticides"
ie
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 6b13763e81

"While the American Academy of Pediatrics says that lower pesticide levels in organic foods could reduce the risk of ingesting drug-resistant bacteria, “in the long term, there is currently no direct evidence that consuming an organic diet leads to improved health or lower risk of disease.

or

Some natural pesticides can have a greater health and environmental risk than synthetic pesticides. Also, while long-term studies about purely organic diets are hard
to come by, a meta-analysis of 237 studies showed that organic fruits and veggies don’t have any additional nutritional value over their conventionally grown counterparts.
https://lifehacker.com/why-the-organic- ... 1787854777

as I said, I'd get on your "all natural" bandwagon
if you were really eating all natural...cause as much as you claim you are and present theories, I dont buy you eat no presitcides, etc

any evidence that what I'm eating is going to cause long term damage?

--even though I showed evidence that a high fat diet is likley gonna lead to health issues
ie
7:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyRuDpqYuvY



oh, I dont see any info on what you said about needing yolks to properly absorb the lysine/proline?
ie this statememt:
jimmylesante wrote:..the fat nd protein need each other to be eaten at the same time to be ingested better.
[/quote]
-so lemme know, eh?

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 447
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:56 pm
Contact:

Re: heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#11  Post by jimmylesante » Sun May 27, 2018 1:33 am

Fat with any other nutrient is ingested better and helps the other nutrients ingest, whether it's amino acids/vitamins etc.
Do i really have to point out the obviousness of my sentence when Owen is selling LIPOSOMAL VITAMIN C ...i'll let you work that out.
If you have to actually think for yourself then be rude obnoxious and disruptive like your FDA hillbillies.

Your "evidence" comes from silly little www Yet you are always quick to ask for legitimate scientific evidence with something you don't know.
For example your fetish with outdated "eat only egg white" and high fat food is bad for you.

I've said it before and i'll say it again you are an idiot and why you are still allowed on this forum to gibber away like the village idiot is beyond me .But i will probably leave this forum soon because of you.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#12  Post by zarfas » Sun May 27, 2018 5:34 am

what's with you making personal attacks?
I dont get it?


you claim I need fat to absorb amino acids?
LOLZ
wrong
and you make that claim and have nothing to back it up, again :lol:

yeah, i ask for evidence to back up outlandish claims, and you has none
and then you throw out more personal insults.

LOLz, the best part is calling me an "idiot", yet you just got PWNED by me, really by yourself, AGAIN :D
btw
I dont eat only eggwhites??
low fat diet is not outdated and I gave a good reasons why I eat egg whites
you can use the ignore feature but it wont stop you from reading what I write, and Ive tried to help you get a better diet, but you can stick to your dangerous/outdated high fat diet and try not to be so MAD at the world!

yet you just try to bully me for no reason...you gotta have a ton of personal problems and just take it out on me.....thankfully, I can handle it and dont GIve a sh*t about the insults of an internet troll...just try to have some SCIENCE to back up the prolix gibberish that you post, eh?
you may now return to eating your pricey, "organic" who eggs..

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 796
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:44 am
Contact:

Re: heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#13  Post by pamojja » Sun May 27, 2018 5:58 am

zarfas wrote:Sometikmes I wonder if english is your second language


You've been long enough on this forum to know that english is my second language, and that I don't cite industry financed research only. As you seem to do if it confirms your views.

The microbiome is easily tested and thereby one can have a clear proof how one's diet is affecting it. I did and its results showed exceptional diversity and overlap with the healthy population tested. If you did, and indeed only ate conventionally raised foods, yours would most probably show much less diversity, or even dysbiosis.

Of course, there isn't evidence that your way of eating will in every case lead to chronic disease. Only you would know in time.

But in my case with a chronic-disease giving a 60% walking-disability 10 years ago, I do have proof that changing my diet to high-fat and mostly organic (avoiding the dirty dozenand especially with animal food, where toxins naturally accumulate) along with comprehensive supplementation helped (not only the 5-6 supplements you notoriously recommend).

Not only to reverse the walking-disability from PAD, but also a cystitis circumscripta of the bladder, 2 non-circulated nodules on the right edge of the liver along with a NAFDL, one tubercle of the left lung, a chronic bronchitis (while the at that time diagnosed COPD remained asymptomatic). It also ceased psoriasis, retinal migraine flare-ups, and angina-like chest pains. Further kept prediabetes, hay-fever, muscle-cramps and CKD stage 1 in check. That much a consistently healthy diet - for 10 years - and comprehensive supplementation can do for one's health.

Any illnesses as severe as mine reversed with your low-fat conventional foods approach? Or your microbiome test results to show your diet didn't lead to dysbiosis? - I'm particularly asking, because you all the time are so fast in giving health advise despite having no personal experience in reversing any disease (at least you didn't tell us yet). While I all the time only relate what I did and what results it gave, and let the reader decide for oneself, if it could apply too.

Here a little funny even industry financed study, what happens when a family doesn't eat conventional for 2 weeks.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/14/the-organic-effect_n_7244000.html

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#14  Post by zarfas » Sun May 27, 2018 6:43 am

pamojja wrote:
zarfas wrote:Sometikmes I wonder if english is your second language


You've been long enough on this forum to know that english is my second language, and that I don't cite industry financed research only. As you seem to do if it confirms your views.

-you give me too much credit, I had no idea english is your 2nd language. I only thought that because I was in a school filled with people who ESL and it made sense to me as to why we were having communication issues.
and I'd never tease/mention your issue with not understanding english, cause a 2nd language is hard! and Im not gonna be an ass

--I dont know what you mean by citing only indurstry financed reasearch.

My stuff about protein comes from lyle Mcdonald , (Ie the keto guy because is first book, "The ketogenic diet"
https://www.amazon.com/Ketogenic-Diet-C ... 0967145600)
is the bible for a low carb dieter
and while a low carb diet has uses (controls some forms of epilepsy)
he has a more modern(shorter) book about crash dieting, just a summary of the keto book
https://store.bodyrecomposition.com/pro ... -handbook/
who has 2 forums, multiple books and is a true guru on body/nutrition
https://store.bodyrecomposition.com/pro ... tein-book/
that is his book on protein, which is very indepth and says nada about needing fat to absorb amino acids like proline/lysine
and that is teh MAIN reason why I was engaged with you about this topic.
because I get about 50grams of lysine/proline from eggwhites and otherwise eat an assortment of fruits/veggies
I changed my life when I became disabled and then when I lost 80lbs by eating eggwhites and fruits/veggies(all bodyfat, via testing and following what lyle's forum says)

pamojja wrote:The microbiome is easily tested and thereby one can have a clear proof how one's diet is affecting it. I did and its results showed exceptional diversity and overlap with the healthy population tested. If you did, and indeed only ate conventionally raised foods, yours would most probably show much less diversity, or even dysbiosis.


I dont need a test to see the drastic changes my body went through when I stopped eating fastfood/meat and went low fat, high nitrates(hence more Nitric oxide)
I eat arugula/spinach("organic"") and use a vitamix blender to make a shake of 1lb broccoli/grapefruit/cranberries)
and I drink that and I feel like I just had a ephedrine/caffeine because of the nitric oxide(also, I love eating lots of fruit/veggie because of the BMs are so easy, and I work in an office and spent time in the bathrooms (pissing after so much water/AA) and hearing so many fatties struggle pooping!)


pamojja wrote:Of course, there isn't evidence that your way of eating will in every case lead to chronic disease. Only you would know in time. .

- if eating 50-100grams of eggwhites is going to cause me any issues, Id love to hear about it? because there is Tons of evidence how being fat leads to dz https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22530540
or a high fat diet-remember Dr Mcdougall/dean ornish/etc
7:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyRuDpqYuvY

Im not fat nor eat a SAD. my HS-CRP is low and Im due to have my Lp(a) tested in october.

[quote="pamojja"
But in my case with a chronic-disease giving a 60% walking-disability 10 years ago, I do have proof that changing my diet to high-fat.,,,,

Any illnesses as severe as mine reversed with your low-fat conventional foods approach? Or your microbiome test results to show your diet didn't lead to dysbiosis? - I'm particularly asking, because you all the time are so fast in giving health advise despite having no personal experience in reversing any disease. While I all the time only relate what I did and what results it gave, and let the reader decide for oneself, if it could apply too.[/quote]

next are you gonna say I'm wrong to recommend HRT for guys with low Testostrone/high estradiol because I've only read stuff, and dont take injections?
or cause I although I take boat loads of vit C, I have no thing to show for it?

you seem to be saying UNLESS I EXPERIENCE MY SELF, I can't talk about it?
--dude, I may not drive but if i see a car in tree, I'm gonna talk about what the f*ck happened


so I talk about what Ive learned from dr levy/ vitamin C/ low fat/working out/etc
and I know stories about results, BTW, I'm also handicapped..and the change in diet has helped my condition.

yeah, serious diseases reversed with low fat/ high veggie/fruit intake..
from the dude who has his own site about it all
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Orgasmatarian.aspx and how he lowered inflammaition, high BP and even erectile dysfunction
to dr Mcdougall(have you clicked on the link and watched even any of the video?)

you and I are pretty much on the same page about food intake.(not your nonsense about eggwhites!! :D )
I see some errors in your thinking about things I've recomended?
Ive only recommended stuff because Dr levy recommends it,. I dont come up with new stuff of have ideas on my own about nutrition.
1 MG
2 vit C
3 vit k2
4(vit d (needs blood test)
are the 4 he and therfor I recommend them and I dont tell people how they have changed my life because people dont believe or care or love to hear about my problems. so I say what to take and leave it at that
I explain why I tell people not to jump off cliffs either

you'd be a great example of why I dont feel the need to explain stuff without being asked about it
you are all about a high fat diet and wont even look at the high nitrate, low fat diet stuff..
and

or we can talk about fasting, lowering IGF-1, or any H.IIT training or PSMF or how to bulk without gaining fat(UD2)

or about some research that isnt " industry financed research "



but again, nothing about needing fat to absorb lysine/proline like you claimed... :lol:

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert
Posts: 796
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:44 am
Contact:

Re: heart disease or breast cancer

Post Number:#15  Post by pamojja » Sun May 27, 2018 7:10 am

zarfas wrote:you'd be a great example of why I dont feel the need to explain stuff without being asked about it
you are all about a high fat diet and wont even look at the high nitrate, low fat diet stuff..


It's never-ending drama with you. I told you repeatedly over the years (serious memory problems?) that I've been for 30 years a very low-fat vegan (since age 10), and that was one of many factors which made me so sick at age 40. You repeatedly only ridiculed me for my experience of reversing my diseases by changing that devastating diet to high-fat clean diet.

Yes, after having practiced low-fat diet for 30 years myself with such devastating results I indeed don't look back!

By the way the last time I've asked you've still been overweight. Buyer beware. Don't take advise from anybody on the internet, especially like in this thread from an author which doesn't have any experience with reversing 'heart disease or breast cancer'. Do your own research of all options available. Only if as morbidly obese as zarfas in the beginning was, dropping fast food always would help. I agree. But that's where his expertise ends.

He is not easily helped. He even just addressed me as Jimmy in this thread..


Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests