Using Vitamin C when traveling

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Using Vitamin C when traveling

Post Number:#1  Post by Joanna45 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:21 pm

I have asked this question before and no one answered ..so will ask again..I use AA from tower labs and use it three times a day and supplement other times with AA powder.. how do others manage this if you are out for the day or traveling..I find it quite diffulcut ..this is what I do I put up the doses in tiny colored bottles and take it with me ..it does not dissolve in cold water either so have to use warm water ..so if i’m Hiking for the day or out with friends you can see the problem..and then if you travel on an airplane it’s near impossible and I find my self wanting to stay home a lot..the capsules would be fine but so many of them up set my stomach..
What do the rest of you do to combat this dilemma..another thing my friends and family are not supportive of this and make comments all the time about to much vitamin C being harmful and i’m Always giving them material to read and all the info on here..
Joanna

tjallen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Using Vitamin C when traveling

Post Number:#2  Post by tjallen » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:30 pm

I also take my powders with me and keep small bottles with mixtures of powders so that I can add them to water and drink them. It's a pain but this way it does avoid pills and the ascorbic acid doesn't lose potency.

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:33 pm

In social situations I just use plain 100% ascorbic acid powder which easily mixes with water. Use a cheaply available local product. These days I've its especially easy to convince everyone from the benefits of vitamin C. Since I get terrible rhinitis with endless sneezing fits, I take out my bottle of vitamin C, mix two teaspoonfuls in a glass of water, and within 20 minutes the sneezing and running nose completely quits. Convinces everyone firsthand.

The missing lysine and others I take morning and evening at home.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by zarfas » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:56 pm

Joanna45 wrote:.the capsules would be fine but so many of them up set my stomach..

I buy a bottle or two of twin labs C-1000(highly ranked by consumerlabs for pureity and price)
and I also bring along a livon labs lyposheric vit C packet

and when I eat, I go for fruits/veggie and not man made junk, so I get AA from food

hope this helps

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#5  Post by Joanna45 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:08 pm

Thanks everyone for answering I been looking into the vitamin. C capsules that Owen mentioned call all C no fillers just vitamin C. That should make it easier when out for the day..and will take Lysine in the morning and night.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by zarfas » Tue May 01, 2018 7:37 am

Joanna45 wrote:Thanks everyone for answering I been looking into the vitamin. C capsules that Owen mentioned call all C no fillers just vitamin C. That should make it easier when out for the day..and will take Lysine in the morning and night.

what vit C caps will you take?
Ive seen Twinlab C-1000 on sale a bit
Contains no added tablet binders, coatings, added flavorings, salt, artificial sweeteners, colors, preservatives or salicylates
]
highly ranked by consumerlabs

what about lysine?

Ive seen a couple times on this site, that until proline was added, not much benefit from just lysine
this is why I take eggwhites(both)
or just check this list
Foods highest in Lysine and Proline
http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000 ... 000-w.html

Frank51
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by Frank51 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:20 am

What I've done when I"m away from home is put the amount of AA, lysine and proline in a sandwich bag. I twist it up and tie a knot in it. I take a thermos bottle of hot water with me and mix the water and supplement in an insulated coffee mug. I use either a knife or scissors to cut the top off the bag when I'm ready to use it. Put the AA in the cup, add hot water, put the cap back on, swish it around and then drink it. :D

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#8  Post by johnyascorbate » Thu May 03, 2018 6:27 am

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the hot water destroy the Vitamin C ?

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”