How did Owen's surgery go?

Post Number:#1  Post by johnyascorbate » Tue May 01, 2018 6:50 am

Was it a success?

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: How did Owen's surgery go?

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:33 am

It was canceled they do not have his cortisone under control..they are a few posts at the top of the forum page explaining it

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 13, 2018 7:34 am

Yes, the surgery was canceled, (twice) but the idea that my cortisone is "not under control" is not quite accurate. (As the many huge court cases ahead will demonstrate.)

As I enjoy arguing with classically trained medical doctor johnwen, not only do I have a large infected hernia mesh, but I have raging dental infections that cause great and extreme pain in my mouth, especially the region where my tonsils USED to be. (Last October, I had gone to the dentist to start treating the dental infections, and had only the left side of my mouth revised when "all heck broke loose." The right side is still heavily infected, and is very likely the reason my mesh got infected.)

I am an Addison Disease-like adrenal insufficient. As I understand the situation from my diagnosis, I still make other hormones, and can even make about 25% of the normal daily cortisol requirement. The nature of the disease has to do with hormonal communication between two parts of the brain being interrupted. My extremely low cholesterol and/or my extremely high vitamin C intake may have played a role, but my mother had the same predisposition, long before she discovered that vitamin C provided her with relief, so very likely my situation is genetic.

Given the pain, I was forced to increase my own endogenous cortisol intake, especially after picking up influenze type A (in Vegas!) diagnosed on Feb 28th, 2018. Dr. William Mck Jeffries (Safe Uses of Cortisol) discovered that the first thing the flu virus does is to interrupt the same HPA axis communication between the two parts of the brain. This viral interruption leads to all the symptoms one gets with the onset of the flu. (Note: Dr. Jefferies recommended to his flu patients that they take 100 mg hydrocortisone on the first day of the flu, 50 mg the next day, to AVOID ALL SYMPTOMS OF THE FLU.)

I was/am in great pain, flying blind, because there is no way to determine what the "correct" amount of cortisol my body requires. (I can not measure my need, as a diabetic measures blood sugar to determine the proper dose of insulin, for example). As I always do, I have chronicled all this here at this forum. I checked myself into the hospital to have my endocrinologists help determine my need under controlled hospital conditions. As a short review, within 30 minutes of a hydrocortisone/cortisol dose, ALL symptoms are resolved, and after 8 hours the cortisol in the blood is apparently depleted, and symptoms return. Thus it was determine that the current dosages was 50 mg/8 hours, or 150 mg per day.

And then I get a bad dose of hydrocortisone (Solu-Cortef) in the hospital! (What are the odds?) They had to release me with a prescription for oral 150 mg/daily (50 mg / 3 X) Two out of the 4 vials of Solu-Cortef didn't work in the hospital, ie. there was no relief of symptoms and my blood sugar dropped below 90 after the IV push. (Thank you Libre continuous glucose monitor). Johnwen found that the FDA has received thousands of reports about the same issue. The FDA report was as of April 10, 2018.

Now, as chronicled here, I scared a lot of people because the pain was so bad and I was forced to take my cortisol through the night. Apparently cortisol keeps you awake (he he he) and I became "flamboyant" and wrote a lot of emails because I couldn't sleep. In fact, I averaged between 2 and 5 hours sleep, more like 2, for ALMOST THREE WEEKS! And my brain, at least to me, felt crystal clear, better than usual (no brain fog), etc. (Others might differ..)

Then I was involuntarily incarcerated on April 26th, as I am fulling documenting here http://www.vitaminc.foundation/forum/viewforum.php?f=32 (I still don't know if there was anything I could have done to avoid this incarceration. And this could happen to any American.)

My well meaning family and friends, thinking that my cortisone was too high and causing toxicity, actually arranged though my "doctors" to deprive me of cortisone for 24 hours, almost leading to my death. http://www.vitaminc.foundation/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13868 (Fortunately, some humane nurses in the ER, understanding the situation, had allowed me to take my own hydrocortisone on two different occasions during the long (and monitored) ER stay at Club-Good Samaritan Hospital (Downer's Grove Illinois). This "unsanctioned" action, which may cost these women their jobs, probably saved my life.)

So with that background, all my hernia mesh surgeon knew (or knows) is that i was in a hospital mental ward, Intensive Care, for 8 days. He is naturally hesitant to go near me now with a 10-foot poll. Furthermore, I was incarcerated (FOR NO GOOD REASON) through my last scheduled surgery date of Monday April 30th, 2018. And yes, this story will be added as new chapters to my second book, THE GREAT SUPPRESSION... Many chapters are available for free online at https://vitaminccures.com/blog/

The root cause of the problem is the ignorance of the medical profession regarding hydrocortisone. Most doctors have no idea that 1 mg of prednizone (a "steroid" that most MDs are familiar with) is equivalent to the far less powerful hydrocortisone @ 5 mg. So when the see 50 mg (!?!? Aghast), they don't realize that the equivalent prednisone dosage would be 10 mg (not 50, and a pretty safe dose).

So for now, my surgery is delayed 3 week !??! (I scheduled surgery for tomorrow with another center (even had plane reservations). Dr. Petersen is a Harvard trained surgeon in Las Vegas who only does hernia mesh removals. However, during the consult, he only does out-patient surgery, my surgery has to be in-patient.)

So my options are limited. I meet with my surgeon tomorrow, and I hope I can convince him that I am not a mental case (but it is hard, why else would I have spent 8 days in an intensive care mental ward?)

You can't make this stuff up.

Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

johnyascorbate
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by johnyascorbate » Sun May 13, 2018 12:10 pm

Thank you for bringing me up to speed on everything. I have been reading your other posts, but it is not clear to me why you spent 8 days in a mental ward. Did the cortisone cause insomnia, which worried your family, who then brought you to a hospital because of that? If so, didn't the doctors know of your recent cortisol situation, and the fact that you were just in the hospital dealing with it? Why were you in there for 8 days?

dectiri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by dectiri » Sun May 13, 2018 6:20 pm

Glad you're back and independent of the sadist at that hospital, Owen... and yeah incarceration without any proper signatory documents to justify the kidnapping is getting to be characteristic of the medical profession's egomanic attitude that they are godlike and above the 'common people', part of which is due to the number of foreign MDs that have taken away American young people's access to medical schools and perverted the attitude of 'caring' into 'controlling'... parallel to Tim Bolen's data on the number of foreign IT programmers thoroughly willing to do the dirty-work at the behest of the Facebook/Twitter censoring of online publishing to suppress our rightful opinions that the power-people -- oligarchs -- don't want to circulate and get Americans organized...

Owen, have you made progress on who sent the EMTs? You were at your office, right? so whoever triggered this kidnapping should be identifiable on the 9-1-1 records... so you just file an FOIA to get the voice records for the time period and area.. I'd guess that the choice of hospital was closest to where they picked you up as the 9-1-1 would work that way for economy... but the call could come in from a ways away.... the voice records should reveal a starting place for your tracking down the culprit and what they say to 9-1-1... take care......

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 14, 2018 5:23 am

johnyascorbate wrote:Thank you for bringing me up to speed on everything. I have been reading your other posts, but it is not clear to me why you spent 8 days in a mental ward. Did the cortisone cause insomnia, which worried your family, who then brought you to a hospital because of that? If so, didn't the doctors know of your recent cortisol situation, and the fact that you were just in the hospital dealing with it? Why were you in there for 8 days?

To both your posts, (thank you dectiri for your support and ideas), I now believe that my wife was heavily influenced by her daughter, my step-daughter, an experienced charge nurse at a hospital in the Western USA - in other words, far removed from us here in Illinois. My wife and step-daughter talk every day.

My wife is age 65 and her mental ability has been declining for years. It was fairly easy for my primary care physician to convince her that I was "toxic" and need to go the ER. My wife's signature was behind the incarceration. She thought she was doing the right thing. The question is, why did the Primary Care Physician get involved? I suspect my step-daughter, but she no longer communicates with me.

Our primary care doctor knew of my wife's diminished mental incapacity, so this will be at issue in future court proceedings. My wife was used, and over the course of the incarceration, became very sorry and angry about what happened, especially when I was held passed my scheduled hernia-repair surgery date.

With all the paramedics and police at The Vitamin C Store, I had two choices of the hospital to go to, so I elected the one that I had never been to, unlucky for Good Samaritan. Unfortunately, it turns out that my primary care physicians group had a doctor on staff at Good Sam, otherwise, they may have had to make a fair and appropriate evaluation, without any prior knowledge. As it was, everyone seemed to know of my so-called "mania," even though the video will demonstrate that I was not exhibiting the behavior - at least until they started torturing me. This will be another big part of the court proceedings, how knowledge they shouldn't have (think HIPPA) was entered on my admissions forms and certificates?
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

dectiri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by dectiri » Mon May 14, 2018 8:08 am

How interesting is this primary care 'partner' on staff at that hospital???

When the idiots 'doctoring' my brother-in-law, quite elderly, mentally sharp and 'opinionated', 'somehow' neglected to watch his hemoglobin, and he began to have 'visions' of flying pests and other worries, it was his step-daughter (obgyne) who saved him by accessing and studying his chart and seeing that his hemo was 4 instead of 15 so she hammered the idiots to do a hefty transfusion like she'd have done and got my brother-in-law out of the mental ward.... BUT SHE WAS WORRIED THAT HER ACCESS TO HIS CHART WAS GOING TO BE PROFESSIONALLY FROWNED ON AS SHE HAD USED HER PARTNER'S HOSPITAL PRIVILEGES....

so why would that primary care physician's opinion (in your case) be actionable WITHOUT CURRENT OBSERVATION DATA DONE BY THE HOSPITAL DOCTOR ACTUALLY IN CHARGE OF YOUR CARE before acting on the primary care physician's claim (with no privileges and what current medical data of his own).... maybe IL is different from OH??? Slam-em.....

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”