I'm Back Hernia Mesh is Out

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

I'm Back Hernia Mesh is Out

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu May 03, 2018 4:28 pm

What are the odds. Solu cortex seemed to work before and during surgery. First 100 mg push in room after 40 minutes has not raised blood sugar or abated symptoms.

Took an hour, but finally did kick in.
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: I'm Back

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:59 pm

Owen
Glad you are back. Sorry the surgery was not done ..but glad you are okay...

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: I'm Back

Post Number:#3  Post by pamojja » Fri May 04, 2018 4:20 am

Sorry to hear of such an ordeal, when you should have get surgery. But so glad you made it through.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: I'm Back Hernia Mesh is Out

Post Number:#4  Post by exitium » Wed May 30, 2018 9:12 am

What kind of issues did the mesh cause? I ask because I also have a mesh implant, so far (knock on wood) no issues.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 30, 2018 1:28 pm

An abscess exploded through the bottom of the mesh through my belly button and I have been draining pus since last November.

From mesh forums, most people experience pain.

My theory what happened to me was the spread of dental pathogens/toxins after major dental work last Sep/Oct 2017. I didn't think about the mesh or my adrenal insufficiency. My brother who is here says I look better today than I did coming to the hospital. Feel really good (but they did give me an Epidural anesthesia. Marvelous.) Surgeon said infection was at bottom of mesh, not throughout

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by exitium » Wed May 30, 2018 5:23 pm

ofonorow wrote:An abscess exploded through the bottom of the mesh through my belly button and I have been draining pus since last November.

From mesh forums, most people experience pain.

My theory what happened to me was the spread of dental pathogens/toxins after major dental work last Sep/Oct 2017. I didn't think about the mesh or my adrenal insufficiency. My brother who is here says I look better today than I did coming to the hospital. Feel really good (but they did give me an Epidural anesthesia. Marvelous.) Surgeon said infection was at bottom of mesh, not throughout

Very interesting. Ive had mine now for a couple years or more and its been holding steady, knock on wood, and I have been stressing the heck out of it.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:33 am

For some reason my endogenous cortisone requirement is almost zero. I've been following the same basic procedure... waiting on a "tell" (eg. chest congestion) to know when to take the next dose.. and I can go throughout the day or night without any. I'm paranoid so I do take a couple of pills in the morning and at noon. (One can only assume it is the fact that my gut no longer holds a large hernia mesh has reduced the hydrocortisone requirement. Mouth infection is still there.)

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by maryclaire » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:05 am

Glad you’re making headway with the mesh...will you have another one inserted or did they try another method?

Why do you think your mouth infection is still active? and why is it so hard to resolve since you've had your teeth removed?
Last edited by maryclaire on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:02 am

Good questions. They put in a small bio-degradable mesh, over a particularly weak aread, which is supposed to dissolve in 3-4 months and be replaced by my own tissue.

I only had dental work one side of the mouth, before the mesh problems errupted. Haven't had the right side done yet, but its on the list...

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”