brain chemistry and taking AA with food?

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

lolalola
Contributor
Contributor

brain chemistry and taking AA with food?

Post Number:#1  Post by lolalola » Fri May 04, 2018 7:32 am

hi all,

i have recently just gone back to around 8 grams ascorbic acid taken in 4 separate doses, 1 morning, 1 night, 1 with lunch, 1 with evening meal. i've been taking this now for around 8 days.

i am observing the following behavior.

1) i feel my dopamine is becoming a bit dulled. there is no lust, everything seems a bit flat. does that make sense? like life has less enjoyment, or the things that i used to enjoy dont seem to give the same enjoyment. all googling points to vitamin c increasing dopamine, but it seems to be less for me? i am mentioning dopamine because that's what i attribute this all to, the pleasure reward system. even women, the same women i used to enjoy don't give the same feeling. you know? the girls in the restaurant, i used to talk to them a lot more, was interested, now its all a bit flat with them.

2) i feel a bit like a little boy, like my testosterone has been impacted. like i am fully co-operative with people, like i feel less of a man. i don't feel like a respectable man, i feel like a bit of a child, does that make sense? like i used to feel powerful but not at the moment. i guess my question is this, does vitamin c inhibit asborption of any minerals/vitamins if taken with the food? should i avoid taking the vitamin c with food? if i was going to test then i would drop the vitamin c i take with meals.

i guess both of these queries are regarding how i 'feel', which is always going to be subjective. but if anyone has any opinions or similar experiences, i'd be happy to hear them.

thanks all,
adam

lolalola
Contributor
Contributor

Re: brain chemistry and taking AA with food?

Post Number:#2  Post by lolalola » Fri May 04, 2018 9:28 am

i understand the nature of these points is a bit hard to explain.

but basically, its like my dopamine feels a bit subdued. like i used to be able to see women and be eager, now it just feels a bit like there is nothing in it.

concerning the boy stuff, i dunno, maybe im just giving off much more positive vibes in general (i do feel fantastic on absorbic acid), but i just feel a bit less grunt in me. i think my main query for this is, does vitamin c inhibit the absorbtion of anything? maybe my vitc dose with meals is impacting something else?

thanks,
adam

soflsun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by soflsun » Sat May 05, 2018 7:17 pm

I'm not sure. Take it 2 hours apart from meals and see if you notice a difference.

Have you ever had your testosterone checked? Does your penis seem the same?

lolalola
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#4  Post by lolalola » Sat May 12, 2018 1:50 pm

hi all,

some more experimentation....

i believe vitamin c is changing my dopamine levels, or something along those lines. more vitamin c = more flatness in life. i need to eat different foods for the excitement, i cannot eat my staples. but, i get many positive effects from the vitamin c, but it does seem to come at a price.
has anyone had this experience?

(maybe this is due to vitamin c being a co-factor dopamine beta-hydroxylase which converts dopamine to norepinephrine, or maybe not)

also, does anyone else have this.... whenever i take a dose of aa, say 200mg, about 1 hour later, my stomach is giving me hunger sensations, i want to eat! its telling me i need to eat! it is pretty darn consistent, usually around 1 hour to 1 hour 30 after i've had a dose.
i do not think this is blood sugars as it happens after i've eaten carbs.
i think this maybe my body telling it wants more AA, or there is some irritation going on. one test would be to take a larger dose of AA and see if i have the same effect. does anyone have any thoughts?

i will carry on with experimenting.
i have ordered the brand of AA advised on this site, so will try that.

kind regards,
adam

lolalola
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#5  Post by lolalola » Sat May 12, 2018 1:53 pm

hi guys,

i've got a testerone test to be done, so will find out those numbers, but these queries i have, i dont think they are related to testosterone now, as they seem to be caused by my vitamin c intake.

thanks for your time responding.

adam

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 16, 2018 4:23 am

Hello Adam,

There may be some interaction between vitamin C and brain chemistry, (vitamin C is probably involved with most metabolic functions in the human body), but I am not sure attributing your poor mental attitude soley to the change in vitamin C intake is warranted. We have been doing this a long time, this is the first report of its kind, making me suspect that something else in your life or diet is contributing.

I am not an expert in drug use, but I have learned recently that the reason for most addictions is because the drug turns off various neurotransmitters in the brain. It is the lack of the neurotransmitters, that creates the addiction - that the drug itself overcomes.

I was reviewing the videos of the late Robert Beck discussing the history of his invention of the BioTuner. According to Beck, something like 2000 neurotransmitters in the brain have now been identified. Beck described the accidental discovery that addictions can be quickly overcome by causing the brain to turn the neurotransmitters back on. Beck also described the science behind selecting the frequencies that accomplish this feat, thus the Sota Biotuner.

In the beginning, when these neurotransmitters were accidentally turned on (via an electronic acupuncture used for "inexpensive" anesthesia in the orient) the junkies no longer reacted to the heroin or drug of choice, they didn't feel the "high" (which reminded me of your first post) leading to fights with dealers because they figured the drugs had been "cut."

I am not sure if this helps you, but it may help others to know that there is a device that "absolutely cures addictions" - Robert Beck, by electronically restoring unspecified neurotransmitters in the brain. That by doing this, enjoyment from the drug is reduced, and withdrawal effects are minimized. Beck does point out that nicotine (cigarette addiction) is the hardest to overcome, and that breaking an alcohol addiction also requires a long period, perhaps several years.
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

lolalola
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#7  Post by lolalola » Mon May 21, 2018 2:43 am

Hi Owen,

Thanks for the response.

I will do more testing to confirm. I only take vitamin d, which i know improves my mood.
I could do with trying a different product if I am honest. I do have the china free gmo AA powder at home, so I will try that.

I have another query. Does anyone know why when I take AA powder i feel hunger around 1 hour afterwards? Or if i take it at night, in the morning I am so hungry? It is pretty darn consistent. Sometimes the hunger has been as early as 30 minutes after AA, but it usually takes around 1 hour. I have repeated this enough to know that this sensation is caused by the AA. Is it possibly my body craving more AA?

The above hunger also coincides with sneezing more. Maybe after 1 hour 2 of AA intake, I will sneeze. Or I sneeze more in general when taking AA.
I think one possible explanation is body levels dropping lower than the norm after AA intake which causes the sneeze?

Thanks All,
Adam.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Thu May 24, 2018 5:13 am

If I am understanding your last post, you only take Vitamin D and Vitamin C?
I strongly suggest that you take Linus Pauling's entire regimen - from the book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER, and has been posted several times.. ( Here is the Pauling regimen as posted by pamojja http://www.vitaminc.foundation/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13820&p=51975&hilit=pauling+complex#p51975)
In short
Vitamin C
Vitamin A 25,000 iu
Vitamin E 400-800 iu
One or two Super B-Complexes
Good multi vitamin/multi mineral
Avoid sugars

I first adopted 3 grams of vitamin C, and although my life changed for the better, I still had allergies.

When I went up to the 18,000 mg of vitamin C, plus the above (Pauling's) antioxidant and b-vitamin recommendations, all my allergies went away too.

So taking vitamin C by itself can improve health, but I strongly suggest Linus Pauling's regimen as a minimum supplement program.

As far as answering your questions, I doubt any one at this forum is experiencing what you are, because most are supplementing their diets with a wide range of nutritional supplements. So you may be unique, and we'll probably learn something from you.

Most people lack sufficient vitamin C for all their metabolic systems to work properly. One explanation for the hunger, and sneezing, is that these functions are suppressed in you, and that getting the vitamin C helps wake them up. Waking up the immune system with increased vitamin C intake is common, so the sneezing (and immune response) would not be unexpected.
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”