Research on High-Dose Intravenous Vitamin C as an Adjuvant Therapy in the Treatment of Cancer

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Research on High-Dose Intravenous Vitamin C as an Adjuvant Therapy in the Treatment of Cancer

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue May 22, 2018 1:48 am

https://wholefoodsmagazine.com/columns/vitamin-connection/research-high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-adjuvant-therapy-treatment-cancer/

Richard Passwater wrote:Recent columns have discussed the exciting evidence that high-dose vitamin C can not only benefit cancer patients but can kill cancer cells without harming normal cells. Health professionals who use intravenous vitamin C (IVC) agree that high IV dosages of vitamin C are effective. This successful protocol doesn’t preclude high blood levels of vitamin C also being achieved via special protocols of oral vitamin C. This is actively being debated by clinical researchers and will be explained in a future column. It does mean that IVC is one proven and convenient method of achieving high blood levels of vitamin C which are effective in killing cancer cells.

This month we will discuss the research and clinical results of Nina Mikirova, Ph.D. and Ron Hunninghake, M.D. in the clinical use of IVC against cancer. Their studies have been systematic and thorough over the decades. Nearly all their peer-reviewed studies can be downloaded free for your additional information (and your physician’s).

I consider this to be one of the most important areas of research that I have covered in my 35 years that I have had the privilege of writing this column.

The study that we will focus on showed that high-dose vitamin C can reduce the rate of progression of the prostate cancer biomarkers, prostate specific antigen (PSA) and Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP). Increasing the frequency of IVC treatments is even more effective (1).
I will try to balance the biochemistry against the readability. The biochemistry can be skipped over if you’re not interested, but it is included so that physicians and researchers can check its validity. You may find the results of the studies very interesting.
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”