vitamin C, iodine, vegetarian diet

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: vitamin C, iodine, vegetarian diet

Post Number:#31  Post by pamojja » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:58 am

Frodo wrote:Do you also take K1 and K2-MK4? I don‘t take it, because I‘m not sure that K1 is good for my blood.

Vitamin K1 is needed for coagulation. Higher doses doesn't make blood coagulate more once a certain threshold is crossed. Therefore it is even essential for everyone's blood. There is no UL for vitamin K established, since no adverse effects have been observed (though I did read internet reports of some very sensitive individuals on longecity).

There is a problem when taking a pharmacological vitamin K antagonist like warfarin. However, the real problem with warfarin is that it will increased soft-tissue calcification. It's still possible to take high dose Ks even on warfarin, but only with a knowledgeable physician who adapts the warfarin dose according to blood-coagulation markers.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#32  Post by Joanna45 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Pamojja..
I had 50% narrowing of the superior mesenteric artery..and the mesenteric celiac artery..which feeds blood to the stomach ..glad I cought it when I did ..and so thankful I found this forum..the doctors did not have any good answers on how to treat it..
And i was very sick could not eat ..and it only took a week to start feeling better and after a month could do anything again..walking, hiking, skiing, all the things I love ..I credit vitamin C and Lysine as the cure and K2 for getting rid of the calcium and hopefully putting it in back in the bones where it belongs.

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#33  Post by gmdodaro » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:58 pm

Pamojja,
You might get some good information from the guy who developed the Vitamin K2 I'm taking: http://www.k-vitamins.com/index.php?page=My_Story

I've corresponded with him over the past few years. His coronay calcium score went over 1400 before he turned it around. He says thyroid getting T3 up between 4-6 was critical in his case. My T3 hasn't been that high for several years, but it did jump up there when I first started taking Iodoral some years ago. I can't figure out why it dropped back to current levels.

Zarfas,
I wrote the top post of this thread: go back to page 1 of this thread: "vitamin C, iodine, vegetarian diet", which will answer some of your questions.

I started taking vitamin C in large doses circa 1980 because I read Pauling's book Vitamin C and the Common Cold and the Flu. I was getting sick several times per year, and the large doses of ascorbic acid solved the problem.

It was about 5 years ago I started having a-fib. I found that magnesium supplementation helped a lot, reduced a-fib to an occasional episode, but then I was already been taking iodine in lower dosage. Look at my top post for the details, but I quit taking iodine in January 2018 after Dr. Davis told me I was likely getting a toxic dose.
Big mistake! My a-fib came back worse than ever, 3-4 times per week for 8-20 hours per episode. When I realized iodine deficiency was probably the reason, I started iodine again at increasing dosage in March 2018. Now I'm taking 50 mg or more per day. I have not had a-fib for 2 and 1/2 months.

I also take testosterone and progesterone as recommended by this doc: https://www.progesterall.com/product47.html
My erections are fine, not what they were when I was 35, but I'm 69 and going strong. :0)
My testosterone is upper range for my age with the prescription bioidentical testosterone. Important to get bioidentical!

pamojja
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#34  Post by pamojja » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:27 pm

Joanna45 wrote:Pamojja..
I had 50% narrowing of the superior mesenteric artery..and the mesenteric celiac artery..which feeds blood to the stomach ..glad I cought it when I did ..and so thankful I found this forum..the doctors did not have any good answers on how to treat it..
And i was very sick could not eat ..and it only took a week to start feeling better and after a month could do anything again..walking, hiking, skiing, all the things I love ..I credit vitamin C and Lysine as the cure and K2 for getting rid of the calcium and hopefully putting it in back in the bones where it belongs.

Great success, congratulations!

gmdodaro wrote:Pamojja,
You might get some good information from the guy who developed the Vitamin K2 I'm taking: http://www.k-vitamins.com/index.php?page=My_Story

I know him and his side from the old TrackYourPlaque forum vwell. Actually it was me recommending him to use only half the dose per pill than he original planed. Because I feared couldn't afford it otherwise ;-)

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#35  Post by gmdodaro » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:50 pm

pamojja,
Patrick, who sells the vitamin K, is always cordial. It seems his progress was better after he started taking Armour thyroid 120 per day. That apparently brought his T3 up around 5. I took Armour for a couple of months, 60 per day, until I started with the high dosage Iodine. Thought better not to over do it.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#36  Post by zarfas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:39 pm

gmdodaro wrote:My testosterone is upper range for my age with the prescription bioidentical testosterone. Important to get bioidentical!

ranges vary with labs
and your test readings vary by what time of day you had blood drawn
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testost ... _Male.aspx

what is important more than levelof testostrone is ratio of testostrone to estrogen
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testost ... Ratio.aspx

sounds like you know whats up with you being on HRT and all.....good stuff

gmdodaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#37  Post by gmdodaro » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:30 am

Zarfas,
Thanks for the info.
Another interesting thing about testosterone: I have Thalassemia. It's a genetic blood disorder that results in red blood cell depletion. I've been anemic all my life, but when I started taking testosterone, my hematocrit increased several points.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#38  Post by zarfas » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:56 pm

gmdodaro wrote:Zarfas,
Thanks for the info.
Another interesting thing about testosterone: I have Thalassemia. It's a genetic blood disorder that results in red blood cell depletion. I've been anemic all my life, but when I started taking testosterone, my hematocrit increased several points.

oh yeah?
that's great TRT helped that issue
I know several people who think TRT is gonna cause cancer, specicially prostate
I recommmend reading
testosterone for life abraham morgentaler, MD
https://www.amazon.com/Testosterone-Lif ... 0071494804

or even join that forum I linked you too,, several guys are MDs on their and there is a doc from Defy medical, which does tele medicine so you save money doing HRT
https://www.defymedical.com/

the biggest issue with TRT is most MDs dont know anything about it and dont test estrogen/estradiol in men...which is why issue occur

but did you watch that video with John mcdougall? about anti cancer idet, etc? I find life is so much better when I eat a diet rich in nitrates and low fat,....whilst taking my vit C!!

Frodo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#39  Post by Frodo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:37 am

Joanna45 wrote:Pamojja..

joanna
When was your disease diagnosed? I have a 50% blockage in the main artery strain. And I‘ve been doing PT for 1 year. But I had hardly any physical restrictions (except for impaired balance - sometimes).

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#40  Post by Joanna45 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:01 am

Frodo
I was diagnosed May 2016..and because my blood supply to my stomach was 50% narrowed I could not eat without having extreme pain right after eating..they ordered all kind of tests that took a long time to complete..so
I decided to research on my own and found Linus Pauling and then this forum..I started it right away decided not to wait for all the tests to be done..at first I just bought pure vitamin c powder and Lysine at our local health food Co-op.
I could not believe how fast it worked after one week I could eat with out any pain ..and in a couple of weeks was pretty much back to my regular routine.. as I kept researching here on this forum also added Super K2 from LEF. And niacin also magnesium and B complex vitamins. Now I use heart Tech from tower labs because it has all the ingredients in the Jar and so saves money..

Frodo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#41  Post by Frodo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:59 pm

joanna
Thanks! That makes me happy and helps me. They told me 2 years ago I wouldn‘t live much longer. But they don‘t know what is really possible. Next year I‘ll run again long distances.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#42  Post by exitium » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:59 am

Joanna45 wrote:Frodo
I was diagnosed May 2016..and because my blood supply to my stomach was 50% narrowed I could not eat without having extreme pain right after eating..they ordered all kind of tests that took a long time to complete..so
I decided to research on my own and found Linus Pauling and then this forum..I started it right away decided not to wait for all the tests to be done..at first I just bought pure vitamin c powder and Lysine at our local health food Co-op.
I could not believe how fast it worked after one week I could eat with out any pain ..and in a couple of weeks was pretty much back to my regular routine.. as I kept researching here on this forum also added Super K2 from LEF. And niacin also magnesium and B complex vitamins. Now I use heart Tech from tower labs because it has all the ingredients in the Jar and so saves money..

Thats awesome, love hearing stories like this.

Nearly every day I am amazed at what advances are made by the medical community but at the same time shake my head at how they are so ignorant of the basic building blocks of life and optimal health.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#43  Post by tjohnson_nb » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:46 am

Boron may be a good supplement to add for calcium-magnesium chemistry.
http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4712861/
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#44  Post by zarfas » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:56 pm

exitium wrote:Nearly every day I am amazed at what advances are made by the medical community but at the same time shake my head at how they are so ignorant of the basic building blocks of life and optimal health.

This is so spot on and so appropriate it deemed being quoted!
well said

Reminds me an co-worker who is overweight, diabetics, drinking her 1L of sugar soda and eating herfull size bag of SunChips being letcured by the skinnyfat chick to WATCH OUT FOR GMOS!! and "THOSE CHIPS HAVE GMOS" and "NO ONE KNOWS IF GMOS ARE BAD for you!"
fear m mongering at it's best

I think the lady eating the food has other issues to deal with first. ie Structure/function.

Frodo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#45  Post by Frodo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:37 am

I asked Lynne Farrow (www.IodineResearch.com or www.LynneFarrow.net) about vitamin C and Iodine. She answered:

„The idea that you shouldn‘t mix VC with Iodine started on the internet when a non scientist stirred Iodine into VC and water and it turned clear in the beaker. On the badis of this, the rumor circulated not to take VC near Iodine. Then the rumor expanded to not eat bananas or any fruit within two hours of taking Iodine.
Lugol‘s has been used with orange juice since 2004. Iodine, is the principal part of Lugol‘s that treats the breasts. Thousands of women in the Iodine Investigation Project at Breast Cancer Choices were advised to take Iodine and the companion nutrients with C in the morning to address fibrocystic breasts. It worked. The C did not neutralize Iodine.
If C neutralized Iodine in the stomach, this method would not have worked. So the glass beaker experiment on the internet does not prove true in vivo. Dr. Brownstein‘s many breast cancer patients also got the same results.
Also seaweed which was used millennia before Iodine as a breast pain remedy, contains both Iodine and C. Nature and the did not make a plant where two of the most valuable components cancelled each other out. There is so much C in seaweed that it was used as a cure for scurvy.
The Iodine doctors and I all feel that this rumor is wrong. The reason this rumor is a problem for the Iodine Movement is that any obstacle that makes Iodine difficult to take because of timing will lessen compliance. And less people will take Iodine or forget to take Iodine because they are waiting the two hours.“

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”