The Official Complaint - Exhibit B

This is meant to be a legal record, and not an interactive forum. But if members do have questions, they may ask them as it means that something is not clear. The outcome of the criminal investigations may have National Implications. I was falsely imprisoned and tortured, as will be documented in this forum.

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

Forum rules
The forum will be moderated and only clarification questions will be allowed.
ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

The Official Complaint - Exhibit B

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 06, 2018 8:53 am

There are several slightly different versions of THE COMPLAINT, because I had to make copies by hand. I was allowed to attend one group session. This is when I first learned that I could file a complaint about my treatment. The excellent NAMI group instructor “Bob” happened to mention that every behavioral unit must have a complaint system, and that all complaints must be addressed within 48 hours, or the institution loses their accreditation. I was discharged within 48 hours of filing the following complaint

Note: There was no form, but the NAMI instructor explained that I could write my complaint on a piece of paper.

OFFICIAL COMPLAINT OF TREATMENT (Page 1 of 2)

Owen R Fonorow, May 1st, 2018

#1. I have a legal prescription for 50 mg hydro-cortisone (3 times daily) or 150 mg daily that was prescribed by a Dupage Medical Group endocrinologist during an evaluation of my cortisol needs under closely supervised hospital conditions. (Dr. Shuen is an associate of my endocrinologist Yoojin Pak, MD). This proper dosage is NOT BEING SUPPLIED at Good Samaritan, ( i.e. I am only getting 40 mg, daily, rather than the 150 mg, daily, that I currently require.)

Furthermore, the method of titration, that determines my individual dosages (I titrate to pain, and when stress is reduced, I do not take the entire 150 mg.) CANNOT be accomplished in my current ICU setting. You require fixed dosages, I vary my dosage. This deprivation of medicine essential to my continued existence results in GREAT AND EXTREME PAIN. I have been diagnosed with secondary adrenal insufficiency. The PAIN is such that I am unable to lie down, thus I am unable to sleep. (Note: Good Samaritan, has finally (today) requested copies of my Edward Hospital and Dupage Medical Group medical records, after I signed the HIPAA release yesterday. These records will show that my last hydro-cortisone prescription was for 50 mg hydrocortisone 3 X daily.) *Note: If I am immediately released, all the pain will cease within 30 minutes, and I can then prepare for my upcoming major surgery to remove an infected hernia mesh, a surgery that was postponed due to this illegal incarceration.

#2. All the actions taken by the Good Samaritan medical personnel are based on a previous, un-diagnosed condition (e.g. a possible mania). This condition HAS NOT BEEN observed from the time the paramedics arrived, during the Good Sam ER visit, the 4011 evaluation or under video observation in the Intensive Care Unit. (Please make copies and retain all video of me since the beginning of this incarceration.) Question: How did the Good Sam. Doctors, or anyone lese, know about my alleged previous condition? Either heresay, from family members (who know nothing about my medical records – my wife has diminished mental capacity), or my HIPPA Privacy Rights have been violated by my primary care and other DMG doctors. I never gave these doctors permission to share my medical records or perceived condition with Good Sam.

Good Sam medical personnel should have evaluated me as I “was” at admission, or “am” now. Rather than basing treatment on the violation of my privacy and supposed prior knowledge. I notice that the First Certificate is based upon prior knowledge, UNSEEN by Good Samaritan medical personnel. Signing a certificate containing false information is a clear fraud. (I have yet to see the second certificate.) Even though a court date has been set up, I have not been informed, nor was it made known to me that a public defender had already been assigned. I learned this when I spoke to Illinois State's attorney Nate Wells, asking for a court order to force Good Sam to obey the Illinois State Law as stated in the handouts I was given. According to the handout, I should have been placed in the least restrictive environment, yet I am being held in the most restrictive environment. I have not given my consent for anything, nor have I signed any document (until yesterday, when I signed the HIPAA release of my medical records to Good Sam) yet I have been subjected to two mind altering drugs against my will after refusing, both by intravenous infusion.

I do not, nor have I ever, used or taken mind altering drugs or substances, (other than what was ordered during my previous hospitalizations where I had consented to treatment), with the exception of an occasional drink of alcohol. As my wife can testify, my last drink containing alcohol was more than 4 years ago. I have never taken an illegal drug.

I have been here and treated for 5 days before my medical records were released. [Side note, not in original complaint, is that a nurse who had told me that I would be behind bars, without due process, over my complaint, (there was a witness to these comments) then told me that they had received my 451 page medical records, and “no one here had the time to read them.”]

#3 I was first made aware that I could file this complaint during a NAMI group session. The one session I was allowed to attend, (at first I was not told I could go to groups, and now I am denied access to any more.) The NAMI instructor mentioned that every behavioral unit must have a complaint system to remain accredited. (None of the Good Sam personnel I interacted with seemed aware that such a system existed at Good Sam.) If I had been told that I had a right to file a complaint upon admission, I would have filed this complaint the first night (last Thursday, April 26th, 2018.) Now, I am told the hospital has 48 hours to respond to this complaint. This will results in two more nights of agony and no sleep. PLEASE RESPOND AND PROVIDE RELIEF TONIGHT [Another aside not in the original complaint. My attorney tells me that I should not have been incarcerated more than 24 hours without good cause.] Strangely neither nurse “Joan” and the social worker (“Linda?”) were aware of the mandatory complaint system. I request to be assigned another nurse and social worker.

#4 According to the Illinois Law Handout that I was given, RIGHTS OF INDIVIDUALS..(L462-2001), it reads: “You are entitled to adequate and humane care and services in the least restrictive environment.” I was placed in the most restrictive environment, i.e., the Intensive Care Unit. My care is far from adequate and humane. Furthermore, I have been denied phone privileges for expressing my constitutional right to free speech by trying to communicate my plight publicly to the outside world.

#5. I believe that the psychiatrist that has been assigned to my case, Dr. Tahier Sheikh, MD, is either incompetent or a sadist. I have and I still am requesting that I be assigned a new psychiatrist, but so far this request has been ignored. Dr. Sheikh is the only reason that I am still being falsely imprisoned, as he confirmed to me during our conversation yesterday. A conversation where he admitted he had no idea of the equivalence or dosage between hydro-cortisone, versus the more widely used predisone.

RELIEF

1. Release me immediately!
2. Barring that, i) immediately increase my hydro-cortisone dosage to my legally prescribed 50 mg/3 times daily (150 mg), ii) assign a new psychiatrist, and iii) move me to the least restrictive environment based upon my observed behavior, as required by Illinois Law.

Please retain and preserve any and all video tape of me while at this institution.

SIGNED May 1, 2018

[my signature]

OWEN R FONOROW
Of sound mind and a pretty good body.
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: The Official Complaint - Exhibit B

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Tue May 08, 2018 10:09 am

I was reading your paper here and stumbled across a couple of points I would like to point out to you.

This statement’s really kind of lower’s the level of being believable because of these contradictory statements.

Either here say, from family members (who know nothing about my medical records – my wife has diminished mental capacity )

As my wife can testify, my last drink containing alcohol was more than 4 years ago. I have never taken an illegal drug.

I believe one can see where the believability of this statement can be called to question!

My attorney tells me that I should not have been incarcerated more than 24 hours without good cause.

IL462-2005 (R-4-14) Petition for Involuntary/Judicial Admission

RIGHTS OF ADMITTEE;

1. If you have been brought to this facility on the basis of this petition alone, you will not be immediately admitted, but will be detained for examination. You must be examined by a qualified professional within 24 hours or be released.

4A. If you are alleged to be subject to involuntary admission (mentally ill) you must also be examined within 24 hours excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays by a psychiatrist (different from the first examiner) or be released. If you are alleged to be subject to involuntary admission the court will set the matter for a hearing.

I’m sure if you have seen the original or copy of the petition, it’s more then likely there’s more then one signature of a doctor on it.
Otherwise you would have been gone, a lot sooner.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: The Official Complaint - Exhibit B

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 09, 2018 3:30 am

Thank you johnwen for the research.

My wife's diminished mental capacity affects her judgment, not necessarily her memory. And since she won't remember the last time I took a drink, it is not material. I cannot remember, but assume it was before this hernia mesh was implanted. Basically, I am not a drinker.

Thanks for the law! Very helpful. There are multiple signatures, but I don't see a doctor, only an RN. (The first certificate. They never showed me the second.)

To my knowledge, I was only "examined" by one psychiatrist, Tahir Sheikh, MD., i.e., if you can call two minutes asking me three questions an examination. (I think I irritated him right off the bat, the first question he asked me was whether I had ever seen a psychiatrist, I looked him in the eye and replied, "Do you mean have I have practiced psychiatry?") The answer to his questions were all "No." I had never seen a psychiatrist, I had never taken a psychiatric drug (or any mind altering drug - outside of a hospital setting where these things are out of my control.) Obviously he "knew" I was nuts by that point.
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

Return to “OWEN'S INVOLUNTARY INCARCERATION AND FALSE IMPRISONMENT”