Non-monetary Settlement Offer - Exhibit C

This is meant to be a legal record, and not an interactive forum. But if members do have questions, they may ask them as it means that something is not clear. The outcome of the criminal investigations may have National Implications. I was falsely imprisoned and tortured, as will be documented in this forum.

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

Forum rules
The forum will be moderated and only clarification questions will be allowed.
ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Non-monetary Settlement Offer - Exhibit C

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 07, 2018 6:55 am

If I had been given my medication and had been able to sleep the night before my discharge, this “figment of my imagination” (non-monetary settlement offer) would never have been written. As it was, I couldn't sleep and the idea popped into my head and I began writing.

Just before my discharge I asked to meet with the Dr. Matthew Cross, director of the Good Samaritan hospital Behavioral Unit, to present my “settlement offer.” My request was granted and Dr. Cross seems to be a very decent and honorable man. I started the conversation by stating, truthfully, I did not want to drain the hospital of monetary resources, and that he and his staff are doing a lot of good things to help people. Rather, I would rather help them to increase their resources to do good things.

This started us on the right foot, and we began discussing each settlement point. I told him that there was no negotiating on the first point – changing the environment such that the patients feel that their well-being is of primary importance, and that they have some control, rather than feeling hopelessness and with no control. (The other important point to me is obtaining the special couch-like chairs, when the new ones they have on order arrive.)

I also urged that all video of me be copied and preserved, which seemed to be the biggest stumbling block, perhaps because others are also on these tapes. I will be starting the process of obtaining a court order to preserve states evidence.

Note: Dr. Cross was very agreeable to most of the points. However, if this settlement is not acted upon, because Dr. Cross is read the “riot” act and I am forced into court for redress of these grievances, then we at least know that there are forces lurking in the background, forces that a criminal investigation may be able to ferret out.

The “figment of my imagination”

SETTLEMENT OFFER May 3rd, 2018

1. Doctors prescribe, Nurses monitor, record and administer the correct dosages, BUT PATIENTS DECIDE WHEN THEY TAKE THEIR MEDICATIONS. No medication will be withheld because of some arbitrary scheduled time in a computer. After the dosage is taken, the next dosage may be delayed for a specified time for safety reasons. This assumes competency. (Note that I was allowed to sign a HealthCare Power of Attorney in the hospital.)
2. Patients should have unfettered phone access to their personal doctors, who can work then work with hospital staff to authorize changes in medications.
3. Patients may bring their own prescribed medication. They may bring their own supplements (e.g., vitamins) or they may request any OTC drug/supplement be given at any time without restrictions.
4. Dr. Tahir Sheikh, MD, must be immediately reassigned from the intensive car unit, and all persons in the unit should have a new psychiatrist TODAY.
5. I want to purchase the five old Couch-Chairs from the ICU when the new chairs on order arrive. I am interested in purchasing all such chairs, rather than disposing of them, but the ICU chairs are the most important to me.
6. Unless they cannot be released, for a good reason, I would like all ICU members that I was incarcerated with to be released by Saturday, May 5, 2018. One girl does have an apparent mental disease or defect, but I observed NO mental illness or behavioral problems in the others, other than the side-effects of the drug HALDOL they are routinely given (and that I always refused.)
7. Switch HALDOL to a different drug, e.g. valium, as the case dictates. The side effects of Haloperidol (HALDOL) from the in the handout I was provided include: severe nervous system reaction – very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating, confusion, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, feeling like you might pass out; stabbing chest pain, feeling of short of breath, cough with yellow or green mucus; headache with chest pain and severe dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeats, seizure (convulsions). Every person I was incarcerated with would have seemed calm and normal, but for the HALDOL currently doled out to seemingly every patient. (Note: please wean the patients, as the handout also warns not to stop the drug suddently.)
8. Make a Kuerig-style coffee maker available 24/7 inside the nurses station. Selections in addition to regular coffee should include decaf, teas, hot cocoa, etc.
9. Include information about the Hospital's Complaint system in the information packet given to all new psyche patients. Include a complaint form.
10. Assign, or rotate, a new high priority position Complaint Advocate. An advocate should be available 24/7, and this staff member should attempt to respond to a complaint within 30 minutes. All complaints should be investigated immediately. Social workers may counsel if the person filing the complaint is incompetent.
11. A request for a doctor or nurse change should be immediately considered and reacted to by the Complaint Advocate. If there is no reason “not to” make the doctor change, the request must be granted one-time. If competency issue, social workers may counsel.
12. Patients should rate their care on the Board, after each shift. The rating should for the nurse and tech should be “thumbs up,”, “so-so,” or “thumbs down.” All shift ratings should be recorded on the employee's record.
13. Visiting hours should be expanded, at least 30 minutes, ideally by 60 minutes.
14. The sanitation of the CO-ED showers must be addressed. In the meantime, plastic foot wear for showering must be provided (to keep feet from touching the common floor.)
15. Patients must be provided a list of Alternative resources for breaking dependency and addiction on their discharge. (I will provide the First list.)
16. The ER/Regular Hospital (or suitable medical attention) must be made available if a patients asks for “911.” The 911 'call' may only be made available one-time during the stay, and the patients should be so informed.
17. All patients must be given vitamin B12 patches for the first 24 hours. B12patch.com (This based on the discovery that almost all depression can be relieved with vitamin B12. Some people are unable to absorb this vitamin. The patch avoids the use of a needle (eg. B12 shots) and ensures higher levels of B12 in the blood stream.
18. All patients in the ICU will be offered 3 grams of vitamin C and 3 grams of no-flush vitamin B3 (Niacin). One gram of each with every meal and before bed. (The last two, 17 and 18, should expand to the entire unit)

SIGNED

OWEN FONOROW of sound mind and a pretty good body.

Note: I told Dr. Cross that if these reforms are instituted, I wouldn't even call my lawyer.
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Non-monetary Settlement Offer - Exhibit C

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 07, 2018 7:04 am

This is my follow-up letter to the Settlement Offer that I plan to hand-carry to Dr Cross today (Monday)

05/06/18

Owen Richard Fonorow
[address deleted]

Matthew Cross
Director of Oncology, Ambulatory & Behavioral Health Services
Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove, Illinois 60515

Dear Dr. Cross,

Please note that my cell phone number is [deleted] and that you may call me, especially if my demands post-discharge now seem to great a burden. (What seemed reasonable to you, would not seem reasonable to most classically trained Medical Doctor, which is part of the problem with healthcare in this country.) I will be undergoing my delayed hernia mesh surgery this week, so please feel free to leave text messages or emails (DELETED@gmail.com).

As I mentioned, retaining copies of ALL video of me, but especially the incident surrounded by police/guards where they tried to goad me into a violent action, is the most important. It would ease my mind knowing those copies are being made, whether or not they are ever released. I will be taking steps tomorrow (May 7, 2018) to secure the court order that all video tape of me, starting with any video taken by the paramedics/police, the ER, the 4011 Evaluation and especially the Intensive Care Unit, be retained as states evidence.

I understand it requires Good Sam “5 to 10 days” before I can get a complete copy of my 8-day medical record, so I don't know how or why my diagnosis upon release was “psychosis,” nor why a prescription for the Haldol drug was sent to my Walgreen's Pharmacy. (You might ask your fine counselor Bob) what he said to me after holding out his hand to shake my hand at the end of Wednesday night's session. And whether this squares with my medical diagnosis from Good Samaritan?)

As I mentioned, the first demand is non-negotiable in the sense that your intensive care patients need to be treated with dignity, have a sense of control, and have the real feeling that the objective of the hospital is to get them out of the ICU as quickly as possible. The ICU can easily settle most people down with this approach, rather than taking away their dignity, creating a sense of hopelessness and loss of all control, which causes more anxiety. (Perhaps there is an intention to increase their anxiety to keep them at the ICU longer for monetary reasons that I don't know about or understand?)

The final important demand is for me to obtain those chairs from the ICU, when the new chairs arrive. I am willing to pay full price for those 5 chairs. My company will be starting group support sessions, very much like the one counselor Bob performed on my last night.

Please keep me informed on the progress of our settlement. I can retype my hand-written notes, and either email or fax upon request. I remembered that we did not go over the idea of installing a Keurig instant coffee maker, inside the nurses station, that should be made available to the “inmates” 24/7.

You and your attorneys should know that I become close to the other “inmates” and obtained their names and phone numbers. Many, if not all, will corroborate my version of the events.

Finally, a new medical condition has developed – a new diabetic foot sore – because of my extended stay walking in stockings only. I am diabetic, as my doctors would know, and I have specialized shoes that keep these sores from developing. The last time such a wound developed, I required a Wound Center and many months to heal. We can discuss compensation over this issue at a later date.

Sincerely

Owen R. Fonorow
#OWENRFONOROW (twitter)
viewforum.php?f=32 (Public record of these events)

SIGNED THIS DAY of sound mind and a pretty good body.

Cc: Attorney [deleted]

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Mon May 07, 2018 10:56 am

Owen;

I was reading your writings and or demands here some I see are very logical and should be standard practice at all health care facilities but some skirt or are contrary to Illinois law and actually contrary to confined patients (in the hospital) rights.
One is allowing patients to import their own drugs and supplements to use while their in the hospital. This sets up a setting of the person who is responsible for your health and well being (Doctor) not knowing what kind of interaction with the drugs he is administering to bring you back to health with those the patient is taking from outside. Many times the drugs used in a hospital environment are not something that or should be taken at home. Some have serious side effects that can be brought on with severity by some Over the counter drugs.
Having a program that the patient can bring their drugs and supplements with them and having them checked in with the pharmacy and then approved by their doctor and dispensed according to the Doctor’s order would be a more prudent method.
Otherwise this puts the doctor and staff very liable for something they have no control over and would and should not be allowed.

Here’s the Illinois law that cover’s what they can do to and why they want to keep you in their facility.

(405 ILCS 5/1-119) (from Ch. 91 1/2, par. 1-119)
Sec. 1-119. "Person subject to involuntary admission on an inpatient basis" means:

(1) A person with mental illness who because of his
or her illness is reasonably expected, unless treated on an inpatient basis, to engage in conduct placing such person or another in physical harm or in reasonable expectation of being physically harmed;

(2) A person with mental illness who because of his
or her illness is unable to provide for his or her basic physical needs so as to guard himself or herself from serious harm without the assistance of family or others, unless treated on an inpatient basis; or

(3) A person with mental illness who:
(i) refuses treatment or is not adhering adequately to prescribed treatment;
(ii) because of the nature of his or her illness,
is unable to understand his or her need for treatment; and
(iii) if not treated on an inpatient basis, is reasonably expected, based on his or her behavioral history, to suffer mental or emotional deterioration and is reasonably expected, after such deterioration, to meet the criteria of either paragraph (1) or paragraph (2) of this Section.

In determining whether a person meets the criteria specified in paragraph (1), (2), or (3), the court may consider evidence of the person's repeated past pattern of specific behavior and actions related to the person's illness.
(Source: P.A. 95-602, eff. 6-1-08; 96-1399, eff. 7-29-10; 96-1453, eff. 8-20-10.)

Here’s the full chapter!
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/il ... nd=4700000
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 07, 2018 3:42 pm

Thanks for the input johnwen, the original settlement was a figment of little sleep and I think your suggestions are good. As I said, only #1 is non-negotiable. But there has been no negotiation, and it has been difficult, to say the least, to find an attorney experienced in these matters. (There are plenty that do wills, divorces, real estate, etc... Apparently something like this doesn't happen all that often.)

It's funny, I sensed that in principle, Dr. Cross rather liked the idea (of allowing "inmates" their own vitamins and OTC drugs), and it could certainly be adjusted or modified to fit within Illinois law.

The reason I will not drop the idea is because hydrocortisone has been available over the counter, without prescription, since the 1979 FDA approval. Having access to the low dose OTC would have solved much for me.

Added

I think the misuse of Haldol is going to turn into another criminal investigation. It makes people look and feel mentally diseased, oh and by the way, it keeps them under treatment longer.. Speaking if insurance fraud, I called my insurance to tell them I never consented to treatment, and that they should deny the claim..he he he.. They really wanted me to take MY Haldol, even trying to sneak it as a pill in a cup with my vitamin C.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Johnwen » Tue May 08, 2018 10:22 am

I think the misuse of Haldol is going to turn into another criminal investigation.

My question is why??

It’s obvious that you were suffering the effects of Hypercortisolism and it was at the point where it was affecting both your mental and physical well being! [/quote]

Ahh, my young (err old) padiwan.. Such was not the case at the time I was abducted. I had found the proper antibiotic, the requirement for hydrocortisone had fallen close to my old normal, and I had been able to sleep for 3 nights in a row (losing my super powers by the way.)

That my rather odd and flamboyant behavior was due to the effects of "Hypercortisolism" is of course pure speculation! (I prefer the theory that my super lucidity was due to toxic reactions caused by my infected hernia mesh. Good sir you must know that even UTI's can cause people to hallucinate and exhibit mental disease. Perhaps exacerbated by all the "fillers" present in all those hydrocortisone tablets.)

As far as affecting my well-being, manic behavior has been documented in a woman who left her own babies out on the front porch in the snow. Her minds was unable to function. She was a danger to herself or others.

My mind through this was almost crystal clear. I never presented a danger to myself or others (at least physically! I scared that S$!T out of a lot of people, and for that I am sorry.)

To counter these effects your doctor rightfully administered Haloperidol (Haldol) which can be used to suppress the HPA axis and blunts the cortisol effectiveness.

"Rightfully" :?: - sounds like you will be a good witness for the defense! Actually, these words are inadvertently important to my case. This knowledge, if true, AMPLIFIES my case, because the torture, as documented, was because I was being denied hydrocortisone, leading to extreme pain all of my body. You are saying that the HALDOL may have been able to turn off my 25% remaining capability, or diminish the effectiveness of the little cortisol in my body. If I had accepted the HALDOL, I probably wouldn't be writing these words!

Rightfully, implies that they had observed some kind of behavior or condition in me that would justify the use of a such a heinous drug. As the video will prove, I can assure you that no such behavior by me was ever exhibited at the hospital. I was a model citizen, clearly in control of my faculties, and I counseled all other "inmates" to remain calm and clear headed so that they may be released sooner, rather than later. It is the routine use of this drug Haldol on the other inmates, which agitates them, makes them look mentally diseased, and extends their stay, which will be the center of the insurance fraud case against the hospital.

By doing this the flight or fight response is suppressed and calms the body down so it can function normally.
To me it sounds like this Doc was trying to get things back in line rather then let you go through a withdrawal symptoms of lowering your cortisol levels suddenly.
I don’t believe there is any kind of criminal action with doing that!!

Watch and learn!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 09, 2018 4:57 am

Sorry johnwen - I screwed up and edited your post (above in blue) instead of replying with a new one.... Blame Hernia Mesh Toxicity-induced Mental disease..

dectiri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by dectiri » Fri May 11, 2018 1:15 pm

Owen, it's unclear how this hospital got into the game... how did they have your medical records sufficient enough to claim you were out of control? They were not the hospital where you would have been prepping for the surgery so whose hands provided 'some' sort of test/evidence and why would those 'hands' have picked this hospital, not the one where you were due for surgery.... makes no sense...

And keep in mind Dr Thomas E Levy, MD, JD advice on winning battles over malpractice... he'd agree on a quiet settling with the hospital IF THEY WERE NOT THE INSTIGATOR OF THE HI-JACKING ORDERS... and his advice was to FOCUS ON THE **MD** WHO WAS THE KEY TO YOUR 'CARE'... clearly that's Sheikh... your battle may be novel so you might give Levy a call but look at his article in the Orthomolecular medical journal news and see how he advocated LEVERAGE on the doctor being more potent AND MORE APPROPRIATE for sepsis care denials of Marik's cocktail... ttyl

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 14, 2018 6:09 am

Before I answer the last post, here is my third communication to Dr. Cross, the director of the behavioral unit at Good Sam, Downer's Grove.

05/14/18

Owen Richard Fonorow
[address deleted]

Matthew Cross
Director of Oncology, Ambulatory & Behavioral Health Services
Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove, Illinois 60515

Dear Dr. Cross,

There has been no communication from you, and I have been told by my fellow “inmates” that while Dr. Sheikh was more “polite” than usual, he was not removed as the ICU psychiatrist, per my request.

Therefore, my offer for non-monetary settlement is rescinded.

As I mentioned, retaining copies of ALL video of me, but especially the incident surrounded by police/guards where they tried to goad me into a violent action, is important to preserve as evidence in the upcoming criminal and civil trials.

I was also informed of the severe treatment of one fellow female “inmate” the day after I left. (I suggest you retain the video of this incident as well.)

If I was properly incarcerated, then the ICU (and other) videos will demonstrate that. However, if Good Samaritan does not retain all copies of the video of me, such a spoliation of evidence https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoliation_of_evidence
will become evidence that my incarceration was improper.

I am still interested in those “used” chairs from the ICU, when the new chairs arrive.

Sincerely

Owen R. Fonorow

#OWENRFONOROW (twitter)

SIGNED THIS DAY of sound mind and a pretty good body.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Thu May 17, 2018 5:35 am

dectiri wrote:Owen, it's unclear how this hospital got into the game... how did they have your medical records sufficient enough to claim you were out of control? They were not the hospital where you would have been prepping for the surgery so whose hands provided 'some' sort of test/evidence and why would those 'hands' have picked this hospital, not the one where you were due for surgery.... makes no sense...

I think I've answered this in the general discussion. On April 26th, 2018 my primary care provider, Glenn Grobbe MD, called my wife and told her (She is of limited mental capacity, and this is what she conveyed to me) that he (Glen Grobbe) had re-evaluated my blood work, and discovered that I was "toxic" and that I should go to the emergency room immediately. I was at the vitamin C store when my wife relayed this phone call and asked me to go with her to the ER. I told my wife that I felt fine and wasn't going to the ER. Given the most favorable interpretation, she was worried about me, and called the Paramedics. (It is now my strong belief that her daughter, a charge nurse, instigated and manipulated my wife to call the Paramedics.)

Once the 5 or 6 paramedics arrived, I'm not sure I had any choice in what happened next, but I asked for the police (as a delaying tactic) while I called my personal attorney. My attorney said, "maybe you are toxic, why not go and have it checked out?" He also told me that they would have 72 hours to hold me. At that time, either I would voluntarily submit myself to their care (I never did) , or they had to demonstrate that I was a danger to myself or others.

So the ER the docs had in mind was at my regular hospital (Edward, Naperville). I tried to throw a monkey wrench by going to another hospital. I was halfway between Edward and the closer Good Samaritan, and decided that I would have a much fairer shot by going to Good SAM. And per another post, I was unlucky because a member of Grobe's practice, a DO, had staff privileges at Good SAM. This doctor was assigned to my hospital team. She was the reason they knew my regular medications, etc.

Another point comes to mind. I, with my adrenal insufficiency, was not really in a hospital setting, where my condition (451 page medical record since June 2014) was monitored. Instead I was in a psyche Intensive Care ward that only monitored vital signs.

The problem for the hospital is that all forms and certificates were fraudulently (in my opinion) signed that I was a danger to myself and others. Once these forms were signed to hold me past 72 hours, they were stuck If they had released me, (as the only doctor familiar with hydrocortisone (endrocrin Swade, MD) recommended, "You are doing the right thing. Your fine. Go home and rest (for the upcoming surgery.)"), that would be prima facie evidence that they had falsified the certificates. Because they had falsely admitted me (for reasons I must assume were based on conversations with my "Family") they held me hoping at some point I would crack and exhibit the behavior that had already marked on the forms. I did not, telling them I could stay there a long time, that it was like a vacation, no phone, I could rest and enjoy my time, other than the pain they were causing by restricting my hydrocortisone, etc. I was a model citizen.

dectiri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by dectiri » Fri May 18, 2018 12:19 am

Given that you are still able to deal with working on the forum, I'd guess that you are looking more intently on the Cleveland Clinic, which IIRC is a stronghold of the newer direction in medicine reform, namely 'functional medicine', so if you managed to pioneer your IVC surgery there, it would likely be more solidly looked at by such people as we would think are our best bet in the reform movements...

Best bet, b/c 1) they discarded the pharma focus on suppressing symptoms and favor finding causes to rectify and solve the problem rather than ignoring 'solving' and racking up the side-effect expense along with worsening of causes... and 2) they have a very well engineered plan of action to establish themselves, complete with boards, continuing ed, big conferences, lots of PR for the public plus their 'coaches' support staff to keep patients covered casually... maybe they learned the laetrile NV/AZ survival tactics and knew to make themselves look 'standard' to the political people who make then room for a secure 'place at the table'...

just a thought, that all your actual surgery and IVC could have a better site to launch long term that way... however, if you did manage to get scheduled like next monday instead of your desired 'today', then we'll be just glad you are getting that massive infected mesh out finally complete with the arranged safety of the IVC... ttys

Return to “OWEN'S INVOLUNTARY INCARCERATION AND FALSE IMPRISONMENT”