Ehlers-Danlos syndrome

This forum will focus on analyzing recent clinical studies of vitamin C.

Moderator: ofonorow

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Ehlers-Danlos syndrome

Post by studentroland » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:52 am

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Ehlers-Danlos syndrome

Post by majkinetor » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:30 pm

Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VI with normal lysyl hydroxylase activity cannot be explained by a defect in cellular uptake of ascorbic acid

Vitamin C and human wound healing
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 208290295X
" Genetic impairment of collagen synthesis has also been observed to be responsive to ascorbic acid supplementation in an 8-year-old boy with Type VI Ehlers-Danlos syndrome"

Transcriptional activation of type I collagen genes by ascorbic acid 2-phosphate in human skin fibroblasts and its failure in cells from a patient with alpha 2(I)-chain-defective Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8482361

One case: http://b-u-b-b-l-e-girl.blogspot.com/20 ... min-c.html

I guess C can't harm in this case, although I would primarly use 2xB50 complex.

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by studentroland » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Thankyou very much...these are all interesting links...especially the pubmed-article...and about 2 * B50...why?

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by majkinetor » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:06 pm

According to Ames , B vitamin alone can reduce severity over 50 genetic disorders by affecting enzyme Km.

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by studentroland » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Dolev
quack
quack

Post by Dolev » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:57 pm

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/75/4/616.full.pdf

Here is the link to the pdf of the entire Ames article about the 50 genetic disorders. The particular syndrome in this thread is not listed.
Dolev

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by studentroland » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:35 pm

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by majkinetor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Here is the link to the pdf of the entire Ames article about the 50 genetic disorders. The particular syndrome in this thread is not listed.

Its a general principle. It probably works with number of disorders.
I imagine that it could make some of them worse.

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by studentroland » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Its a general principle. It probably works with number of disorders.

This is an interesting theory/principle...triage-theory...
http://www.smart-publications.com/articles/dr-bruce-ames-proves-his-triage-theory-of-micronutrients-with-vitamin
that the body takes what it needs from where-ever possible, and prioritizes according to an internal biological unconscious scale of necessity, 24/7...and any core-vulnerability that is eventually exposed by this prioritizing, might leave the DNA more open than usual for mutations...however...this way of thinking might be appropriate for understanding already manifest and recognized genetic diseases, such as in the paper referred to above...where the genetic "damage" or at least "change" has already happened, and the individual has a manifest and diagnosed genetic "disease" or "disorder"...which can perhaps, according to Ames, be alleviated by appropriate megadoses of vitamins and/or minerals, thus making the best of what can be done...but when an individual is not yet diagnosed with a genetic disease, I imagine that there would be a whole lot of "epigenetic factors" that would have to change first...perhaps this is part of the picture in all the "ordinary" diseases, which have not yet progressed into a "full-blown" genetic one? ... as for example Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, of which there are at least six! different types? It says here what specific genes are involved...
http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/ehlers-danlos-syndrome
but on the other hand, it says on this page that also epigenetic factors are involved when it comes to collagen-disruption in cancer...
The available, albeit limited, information suggests that the multiple epigenetic mechanisms are engaged in the selective regulation of the transcriptional activity of MMPs, TIMPs and their ECM collagen substrates in cancer compared with normal tissue.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3138141/

So, until one is actually diagnosed with a genetic mutation in some gene, one might perhaps be able to change and enhance the epigenetics with supplementation before any real damage is done to the actual gene...?

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by majkinetor » Thu May 02, 2013 6:53 am

So, until one is actually diagnosed with a genetic mutation in some gene, one might perhaps be able to change and enhance the epigenetics with supplementation before any real damage is done to the actual gene...?

I don't think you got that right. Nobody can diagnose you 100%, perhaps you already have it but it waits for another trigger to become clinically visible.

Like I said, its blind guess because B vitamin theory works via improved enzyme function. If your non-working enzyme is the source of the illness brute force with tones of B will certainly have potential to help. However, what if enzyme overworking is the problem. I can imagine that B will make things worse then. Unless there is some compensating mechanism by the body to prevent damage, which itself depends on B more then the other one....

I guess the one simply needs to try it out for few months and see how it goes.

Epigenetics are entirely different mechanism and while it depends on existance of adequate amounts of B it has nothing to do with what I suggested here. We don't know much about epi so its even more blind guessing in that case.

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by studentroland » Thu May 02, 2013 4:47 pm

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by majkinetor » Thu May 02, 2013 5:36 pm

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by studentroland » Fri May 03, 2013 1:33 am

Last edited by studentroland on Mon May 06, 2013 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sat May 04, 2013 3:00 pm

You are way past me! But I remember writing this article to remind us that a "gene" is merely a blueprint for a protein. And all enzymes are proteins. So vitamins (most of which are co-enzymes) can be expected, in theory, to help account for errors in the blue prints - DNA

http://internetwks.com/owen/gene.html
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by studentroland » Mon May 06, 2013 6:51 am

Return to “Clinical Studies”