Sounds About Right???

This forum will focus on analyzing recent clinical studies of vitamin C.

Moderator: ofonorow

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Sounds About Right???

Post Number:#1  Post by Johnwen » Thu May 15, 2014 9:23 pm

I came across this article and it sounds like somebody finally is starting to see some flaws in all these Negative studies floating around out there that are mixing up peoples minds who could otherwise be on the road to health!
It was published in December of 2013.
I would appreciate any comments on this after reading it!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3875932/
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Sounds About Right???

Post Number:#2  Post by davids1 » Fri May 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi John,

I read the Abstract, Introduction, and Conclusions sections. The rest is beyond my interest [and probably technical] level.

The light, it would seem, is [very gradually] getting brighter. Wonderful!

My only comment would be: If the authors were being completely candid in their assessments, I would say they are, at best, a bit naive about the motivations of past researchers. The following three quotes seem apropos:
Really significant steps forward for mankind go through three stages. First, they are ridiculed. Second, they are heavily fought by those who have economic interests in the status quo. And finally, when the dam is breaking, everyone says: Well we knew it all along. -- Arthur Schopenhauer, 19th Century Philosopher

All truth passes through three stages: first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third it is accepted as self-evident. -- Schopenhauer

A new scientific truth is not usually presented in a way to convince its opponents. Rather, they die off, and a rising generation is familiarized with the truth from the start. -- Max Planck
Thanks for posting, John,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

Return to “Clinical Studies”