Vitamin C as therapy for Psoriasis??

This forum will focus on analyzing recent clinical studies of vitamin C.

Moderator: ofonorow

meyux

Vitamin C as therapy for Psoriasis??

Post Number:#1  Post by meyux » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:08 am

Does anyone have knowledge of the effect of Vitamin C on psoriasis??

Am a psoriasis patient and am researching on vitamins that could help or treat psoriasis. Am starting now with 3g/day and ill have my 2nd shoot of intravenous vitamin c today.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Vitamin C as therapy for Psoriasis??

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:20 am

meyux wrote:Does anyone have knowledge of the effect of Vitamin C on psoriasis??

Am a psoriasis patient and am researching on vitamins that could help or treat psoriasis. Am starting now with 3g/day and ill have my 2nd shoot of intravenous vitamin c today.

Keep us informed. I have read about various reasons and potential cures for this condition, and I'll have to go back and refresh my memory. Vitamin C has not been listed as a primary culprit (lack of vitamin C) to my knowlege, however, vitamin C deficiency is prevalant. THere would be no harm in taking "replacement" doses of vitamin C (dosages that bring you blood levels up to what the animals make.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Alohamora

Post Number:#3  Post by Alohamora » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:19 am

I don't know if the skin problem I had this winter was actually psoriasis or something else, but it developed in spite of the 10g of vitamin C I take a day (although the C helps greatly with other issues). I was also taking 1000 IU of vitamin D since the fall and that didn't make any difference either. Then I read more on D3 and upped my dose of D3 to 6000IU a day for a while and suddenly the crunchy, scaly sections of skin have cleared and softened. I take lots of other supplements, so I can't prove it's the D3, but that's the only real change I've made recently. 6000IU may be too much to take ongoing, I'm trying to figure out what's right. I'll stop supplementing altogether in the summer and just spend time outside in the sun.

UV light treatment is also used for psoriasis, maybe that works because UV/B stimulates production of vitamin D in the skin?

rider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by rider » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:29 am

yes.. we can!
My girlfriend has been suffering from psoriasis almost her whole life and since we started with VC het skin is MUCH better.. she doen't have to use these cortisteroides anymore and what's mor: her nails were suffering from psoriasisdents, like little golfballimprints, and these are all gone. These naildents are believed to be a sigh of heightened breastcancer-risk. She is VERY happy with the resuslts and will post her findings on the dutch psoriasis site.
she is using between 10 and 20 grams VC a day. Whitour ANY complaints about boweltolerances.. so probably the intake can be higher aswell.
she is a healthy person of 40 and approx. 110 lbs bodyweight (1.70 M)
Life's to short to be bored.
TC & have fun!

TAYLORJWSL

Post Number:#5  Post by TAYLORJWSL » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:44 pm

Thank you for sharing about your friend and what helped with her psoriasis. I have no idea what VC het skin is. Please give me more information. I have been dealing with psoriasis for over 25 years and it only gets worse with time. I am now taking Embrel shoots and I do not like it at all. Thanks for sharing.

Dolev
quack
quack

Post Number:#6  Post by Dolev » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:05 pm

het? I think the "t" was meant to be "r".
Dolev

rider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by rider » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:23 pm

yes you're right.. should be her skin.. sorry ;-)
She only uses about 10-15 grams VC daily now.. no other medications anymore.
It isn't over but MUCH less and much less flammable/active!
Life's to short to be bored.

TC & have fun!

FishermansWife
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by FishermansWife » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:02 pm

I have been battling psoriasis for 6 months. I've tried all sorts of things including bowel tolerance doses of vitamin c for half a yr to no avail. I tried omega 3 two weeks ago and it improved for a day and got worse again. Then I started thinking the only thing I have not been able to cure with bowel tolerance doses of vitamin c is ringworm. So iI Applied it topically and it cleared it up. Then I realized psoriasis is a fungal infection!!! There's no way I have an autoimmune disease without an explanation. So I mix my vitamin c concoction and day 2 now there is no itching and the patches are shrinking and no longer red. I'm amazed that vitamin c has come through for me again!!! So topically apply it to your psoriasis!
My 5 year old Kota, "I know what vitamin c does, it hugs your heart."

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by jimmylesante » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:43 pm

Just visiting this thread as have a friend who suffers regular outbreaks of "autoimmune psoriasis and psoriasis arthritis"
She has tried everything with outbreaks on her scalp and mainly outside elbows. Typically resigned to victimhood of this being genetic autoimmune and she must endure for the rest of her life.

beachlover

Post Number:#10  Post by beachlover » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:58 am

This link has some good info on psoriasis and a protocol as well...

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... via%3Dihub

mau55

Post Number:#11  Post by mau55 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:34 pm

FishermansWife wrote:I have been battling psoriasis for 6 months. I've tried all sorts of things including bowel tolerance doses of vitamin c for half a yr to no avail. I tried omega 3 two weeks ago and it improved for a day and got worse again. Then I started thinking the only thing I have not been able to cure with bowel tolerance doses of vitamin c is ringworm. So iI Applied it topically and it cleared it up. Then I realized psoriasis is a fungal infection!!! There's no way I have an autoimmune disease without an explanation. So I mix my vitamin c concoction and day 2 now there is no itching and the patches are shrinking and no longer red. I'm amazed that vitamin c has come through for me again!!! So topically apply it to your psoriasis!

Hello, could you describe your recipe for topical application? Just rubbing it on ringworm?

And hi, I'm here because I was searching witness of people who have psoriasis and experiences vitamin C.

I've hears on another forum someone said vitamin C might be the solution and here I am in this thread.

After reading the benefits of vitamin C, I thought I would give it a try.

I've been having psoriasis for over 10 years, took so many medications. I tried puvatherapy, it was good but then worsened again, as usual. My skin was super dried and forever changed, no more smooth or supple. I regret doing it because it ruined my skin more than healing it, and my pso came back while my appointment of UVA weren't even finished. All I got was riddled, dry and aged skin and I'm not even 30. I have wrinkles like over 30 or 40 years old.

I've been sick of those medical treatment but I would give it a try, just to try "in case it would work", but never worked forever. Only the symptom, not curing the cause of it.

And so, I've been trying more natural remedes. I haven't found it yet, my pso keeps worsening. I tried changing my food but it doesn't seem to be the solution. Fasting either. So I've been trying to take herbal powder, I feel more relaxed but didn't last long. I'm trying to heal from inside, not healing the squames.

That's why I'm here, I'm about to try vitamin c soon when my order arrives. I would like to share my experience with you, and maybe hear about other witnesses?

This thread is over 12 years old! But not much witness. Anyone has tried vitamin C??

Thanks!:)
Last edited by mau55 on Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mau55

Post Number:#12  Post by mau55 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:37 pm

rider wrote:yes you're right.. should be her skin.. sorry ;-)
She only uses about 10-15 grams VC daily now.. no other medications anymore.
It isn't over but MUCH less and much less flammable/active!

How long has she taken 10-20 grams before decreasing the dose?

And how long did it take before seeing results? Thanks!

Return to “Clinical Studies”