Hey dieters Vitamin C burns off 39% more fat during exercise

This forum will focus on analyzing recent clinical studies of vitamin C.

Moderator: ofonorow

Vexed

Hey dieters Vitamin C burns off 39% more fat during exercise

Post Number:#1  Post by Vexed » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:29 pm

On page 52 of the new April Men's Health magazine, Vitamin C is touted as the NEW weight loss supplement. "People who take 500 mg of Vit c daily burn 39% more fat during exercise."

Personally, I have been aware of this for at least 3 months as I have actively been "experimenting" with C.

Vitamin C and a good amino acid supplement (I prefer Brewer's Yeast) work in beautiful synergy.

Thank you, by the way, Owen for posting the news on Amino Acids and Athletes on Vit.Cfoundation page. The article validated many of the effects I have discovered in my own personal search to extend my ultra-athletic years.

Any other hints on improving athletic performance through Orthomolecular science are always appreciated.

antioxidant_addict

Vitamin C and weight loss

Post Number:#2  Post by antioxidant_addict » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:52 am

Hi,
VITAMIN C INCREASES WEIGHT LOSS BY 39%.

What a shock! I've known for 20 years that vitamin C helps muscle growth and recovery, and makes muscles rock hard. I read when I was 13/14 that taking 1-2000mg a day plus a healthy muscle building eating plan decreases the chance of most cancers by 70%. I'm not a bodybuilder, but its been known by the profs. that Vit C is the dogs bollocks. Vit C massively increases recovery and add plenty of other antioxidants, can prevent soreness and injuries.

It comes as no surprise that Vit C helps increase fat loss. (NB It does that anyway by ridding excess bile and poorly digested food from the intestines (that's what the wind is all about). As AA is responsible directly and indirectly for around 12,000 processes in the human body (most of them then,) :roll:
and thus makes everything else work better, including how well ultimately the food you eat performs in helping (or hindering) the metabolism.
So bringing the well known Amino Acid fat burners into the mix (plus the essential aminos) and the body's muscles use and burn glycogen much better with plenty of AA running around the veins.

I don't actually go to the gym, just swim alot. However, in the last 2 years of gradually increasing my AA amounts, I've gained about 10lbs of solid muscle and now rarely get any sort of infection. I've never been in better shape and my girlfriend loves it! I've persuaded her to take 3000mg through the day of time release AA, plus iron,Vit E, and A-Z multi and garlic Caps. She was showing signs of AA deficiency(as a nurse, she seems to knock legs,knees and elbows and the subsequent bruising was over the top). Easy bruising is a classic sign of AA defcy.

I'd say (and other people have agreed) that AA is like taking a weak anabolic steroid, without any side effects!

Stevo
Mcr,Uk

Vexed

Post Number:#3  Post by Vexed » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:18 pm

"Nutrition researchers from Arizona State University report that the amount of vitamin C in the blood stream is directly related to fat oxidation - the body's ability to use fat as a fuel source - during both exercise and at rest."

While exercising or at rest, Vitamin C plays a vital role in fat reduction.

Vitamin C Depletion Reduces The Body's Ability To Use Fat As A Fuel Source
April 6th, 2006
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medical ... wsid=40914

chimp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by chimp » Tue May 09, 2006 11:34 am

When certain types of animals hibernate during the winter months, they live on stored body fat without burning up their muscle tissue. I wonder if the ability to do this is related to the ability to make ther own vitamin C?

Sirdon

Re: Hey dieters Vitamin C burns off 39% more fat during exercise

Post Number:#5  Post by Sirdon » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:00 pm

Iam experiencing the fat loss,i do take 1000mg vit c before going to sleep at night and one after lunch...

Return to “Clinical Studies”