Does aspirin increase lp(a)?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Does aspirin increase lp(a)?

Post Number:#1  Post by Frodo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:49 pm

Anthony Taylor (Dr. Rath Foundation) wrote, aspirin inhibits vitamin C absorption (http://www4ger.dr-rath-foundation.org/i ... dacht.html). Unfortunately, I have only a link to the german version of the article. I think, then there must be a relationship between aspirin and lp(a). If I take aspirin, it kills vitamin c. And lp(a) increases because there is not enough vit C in the blood and cells. Several studies proved it. And I know it also from Norman Cousins self-healing story. Has somebody more informations? Johnwen?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Does aspirin increase lp(a)?

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 pm

Here’s the English version of Dr. Rath’s article by Paul A Taylor

http://www4.dr-rath-foundation.org/News ... ought.html

Actually taking Aspirin and V-C together reduce your chances of stomach bleeding!
Aspirin blocks the absorption of V-C but why not just take a small dose of V-C with your Aspirin? The a couple hours later take your full dose V-C!

Back to the original question on LP(a) Aspirin actually lowers it!

Here’s the details of this! :arrow:

http://clinchem.aaccjnls.org/content/48/9/1454

Remember LP(a) is like a fireman it comes into action when there is a problem!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by Frodo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:15 am

Johnwen wrote:Here’s the English version of Dr. Rath’s article by Paul A Taylor

Actually taking Aspirin and V-C together reduce your chances of stomach bleeding!
Aspirin blocks the absorption of V-C but why not just take a small dose of V-C with your Aspirin? The a couple hours later take your full dose V-C!

Thanks Johnwen. I took aspirin since June 2016 - after my mci. But it had no consequences for my lp(a). Lp(a) still remains at 100-110. And it didn't change until beginning PT. With PT (at least 10 grams C, 8 grams lysine and 1,5 grams proline) my lp(a) decreased to 49. Next week I'll make a new blood test. And I hope, that lp(a) decreased further.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by Frodo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:41 am

Addition: None of the doctors in Germany recommend their patients that they have to take VC, if they start taking aspirin. I think in America it's. not better.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by Frodo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:42 am

Paul Anthony Taylor wrote:
"I was very interested to see the study you sent and its claim that aspirin decreases LP(a)... In this respect it seems significant that the Ono Medical Research Foundation, which provided a grant for the study, would appear to be supported by Ono Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. But if we assume the study's finding is correct, then this arguably makes aspirin even more dangerous. For as Dr. Rath's research has shown, LP(a) is a surrogate for VC. Given that LP(a) functions as a repair molecule when the body is deficient in VC then any drug that decreases both LP(a) and VC is undoubtedly a very dangerous drug indeed".
I think, the answer from P.A. Taylor is convincing, at least very interesting. Do you think so as well?

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:32 am

Johnwen wrote:Here’s the English version of Dr. Rath’s article by Paul A Taylor

I've been taking 81 mg of aspirin since my stent in 2009 to thin blood , now we are suppose to stop taking that as well. I read that it can be dangerous to just stop taking it completely, you're suppose to ween yourself off. But now sure i want to stop taking it, could be dangerous if you have a heart attack?

Ken

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by Frodo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:49 am

Pauling/Rath have shown what's better than aspirin. I'm on PT since January. And had a strong mci in June 2016. In addition to PT, I take Omega-3, OpC, pycnogenol and so on.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:50 am

Frodo wrote:Pauling/Rath have shown what's better than aspirin. I'm on PT since January. And had a strong mci in June 2016. In addition to PT, I take Omega-3, OpC, pycnogenol and so on.

Were you taking aspirin before PT?

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by Frodo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:
Frodo wrote:Pauling/Rath have shown what's better than aspirin. I'm on PT since January. And had a strong mci in June 2016. In addition to PT, I take Omega-3, OpC, pycnogenol and so on.

Were you taking aspirin before PT?

Yes, the docs said, I have to take Prasugrel, statins, betablockers, medications for blood pressure and aspirin. Prasugrel for 12 months and longer; statins, betablockers, blood pressure medications and aspirin lifelong. With friendly greetings from BigPharma. I took the half doses of Prasugrel and have cut it after 6 months. I never took statins and betablockers. And after one year I've threw away aspirin too - even though I've also taken only the half dose. My Omega-3 index is about 16%. And I was afraid that my blood becomes too thin. What did the docs (the best in Germany) say? I should reduce Omega-3 intake and eating fish, because only Prasugrel and Aspirin can help, and that's all what they know. Incredible. I love it. Damn!

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by guitarplayer007 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:31 pm

Maybe I'll ask my Cardiologist about decreasing aspirin

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by Johnwen » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:26 am

Once again this topic is going over things that have been covered many times before.
Here’s a couple of post from back a few years. It’ll give you an Ideas what LP(a) does as does Dr Rath’s link on the bottom of this post!

Start Here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9003&p=25209&hilit=LPa#p25209

Post Number:#10  Post by Johnwen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:47 am
First your levothyroxine I believe should be (point) .175mg which is a pretty steep dose. With having your thyroid still in place. Have they done a tsh test on you lately? I betting it’s way low. This in it’s self can cause numerous problems.

Anyway getting back to your LP(a) your taking 20MG of crestor which is a statin drug intended to lower your cholesterol. By the number’s on your test it has done this in fact although your doc is probably happy with these results which are low, your body is doing what it’s suppose to do and that is trying to get more life giving materials out to the body as a whole.
I think every one has heard about the little kid who every time he see’s a fire he see’s firemen at the fire. So he concludes that fires are caused by the fireman. This is the analogy that represents the statin principal. Ie. If cholesterol present in the artery’s it’s causing the problem not trying to cure the real problem.
Putting a little different spin on this picture let’s say a warehouse in a residential neighborhood catch’s fire and people start calling the fire department. If a full compliment of fire equipment and fireman arrive the calls will stop. But what would happen if one truck and say two or three fireman show up and just spray a little water on the fire and the other side of the burning building is fully involved which is threating the houses around it. You can bet your bottom dollar there will be hundred’s of calls to the fire department for more equipment.
LP(a) is like those calls. They are the precursors to the repair process of the arteries the body releases them in numbers and basically counts them when they return. They attach to dead tissue and either stick at the location of problem and attach the other patching materials or attach to the loose ones and carry them out of the body. If the numbers returning are low it means their sticking somewhere in the system and the body raises their levels and sends more patching material out. If the patching material is lacking Like from taking STATINS. The body will still add more LP(a).
We know PT helps heal the artery’s but healing takes time patching is quick. LP(a) goes up when there is a problem even higher when it don’t have the material to do it’s job.
Bottom Line: Taking STATINS causes your LP(a) to rise NOT PT!!!

Post Number:#4 Post by Johnwen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:14 pm
What we know! The liver produces LP(a) a very sticky substance in response to damage done somewhere within the vascular walls. LP(a) has a great affinity to L-Lysine meaning it will attach to L-Lysine before it attaches to anything else. LP(a) is the first line glue that starts the cascade of events that leads to plaque build up or can be referred to as bandaging a injury of the vascular system. Dr. Pauling has taught us that L-Lysine causes LP(a) to lose it’s stickiness by giving it the equivalent of a Teflon coat which is then returned to the liver for out processing and not regeneration because it has been rendered useless by the L-Lysine attachment.

To your question, if starting PT which contains a good dose of L-Lysine can it cause a spike in LP(a)? It’s my belief that it would for the following reasons.
The Liver produces LP(a) in response to a signal received by something going on in the stream. If LP(a) is being kept from doing it’s job and the signals are still being received by the liver, it will produce a excess amount till the signal is stopped by the healing of the damage. Thank you Vitamin C! Now the liver cannot compare or ID the returning LP(a) nor reprocess it because of it’s attachment to the L-Lysine making it a useless lipid. This would give the liver the impression the damage needs more since none are returning. This demand and production will continue until the signal has subsided. This is important! Dr. Pauling said “Don’t stop taking his therapy
y! Not even for a single day!!” I think you can see why he said this if you take the lysine out of the equation the excess LP(a) would collect on the damaged area before the Therapy could heal it. Leaving it a progressing glob of goo! For lack of a better description. Then you would have to work twice as hard to clean it up IF POSSIBLE.

Then read this from Dr. Rath.
http://www4.dr-rath-foundation.org/THE_ ... /pub13.htm
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”