Bummed out, Angina still getting worse

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Bummed out, Angina still getting worse

Post Number:#1  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:50 am

After 16 weeks on LP therapy....This is depressing :(, I hope it's not all for naught. I was hoping I would see a change but the only change is Angina comes on quicker then it it used. I take Cardio C twice a day and China free VC for a total of about 18 grams a day.
Will keep taking but need to change to vegan as well to reduce inflammation .
thanks

ken

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Bummed out, Angina still getting worse

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:43 am

I'm assumming you are taking 6grs of Lysine and 500mg of proline ..have you had your Lpa checked I eat pretty close to a vegan diet..never any processed foods ..I'm fortunate that I live in Vermont where Whole Foods and feesh organic vegetables are everywhere..and have my own garden also..if I was you would I would try being a vegetarian where you can eat eggs and cheese. That is what I mostly do and stay away from breads that are over processed. Here we have access to Red Hen bread that uses organic local grains and only have three ingredients..I had almost 50% narrowing of my superior mesenteric Artery and the mesenteric celiac artery also and I had severe pain after eating and on the Pauling therapy that is all gone ..I also was getting angina pain when excercising..just another thing also make sure you are taking the vitamin c on an empty stomach and no eating for a half hour at least..and I would also consider taking a different supplement I take tower Labs Heart Tech ..not saying cardio C is not an excellent vitamin C but we are all different and maybe trying something new would do..I first started out wit pure ascorbic acid from the health food store with Lysine to be sure it was going to work and for me no angina pain after a week and same with being able to eat.
Last edited by Joanna45 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:51 am

I live in New Jersey, yes going to do the whole foods again starting Monday. ..I don't like eggs or cheese. But when I followed the McDougall diet called Starch Solution I lost 10% body weight and cholesterol dropped 35 points in 5 weeks.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by Joanna45 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:55 am

Well you live in the garden state so fresh vegetable abound and I would also add lots of blueberries strawberries oranges everyday all fruits peaches are delicious..will have to look up the mcdougall diet haven't heard of that one ..I do eat meat but only from grass fed locally grown same for chicken

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by guitarplayer007 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:46 am

I'm already an expert on McDougall, Esselstyn, Ornish. ... but again Lp and Dr. Don't believe cholesterol is the issue.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by Frodo » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Guitarplayer
Do you take arginine and citrulline? I take it, according to Louis Ignarro (NO More Heart Disease). And it helps.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by pamojja » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:06 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote:After 16 weeks on LP therapy....This is depressing :(

I found that 160 mg of CoQ10 (half that dose of Ubiquinol) per day worked to cease Angina-like chest-pains in my case.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#8  Post by Joanna45 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:02 pm

I disagree on the fats healthy fats are good for you avacado's and I have real butter on my toast in the morning from locals grass fed cows ..we need some fats daily

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#9  Post by Joanna45 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:06 pm

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by Frodo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:35 am

Frodo wrote:Guitarplayer
Do you take arginine and citrulline? I take it, according to Louis Ignarro (NO More Heart Disease). And it helps.

Guitarplayer
I think it's important for you to measure your arginine blood level. And you'll see if it's too low. I have a regular check of my level.

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by Frodo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:26 pm

zarfas
Louis Ignarro reccomends 4 to 6 grams l-arginine per day and 200 to 1,000 mg l-citrulline per day, taken along with the l-arginine, especially to help reverse cardiovascular disease. Ignarro was awarded the Nobel Price in Medicine for his discovery of the importance of nitric oxide to the cardiovascular system, you know.
Many researchers reccomend it too. Expert in Germany is Rainer Böger University Hamburg. If you suffer a heart attack in Heidelberg, you'll get at first injections with arginine.
Especially dieseases like cardiovascular disease, heart failure, stroke or increased blood pressure can be associated with reduced arginine concentration in the blood. I eat all the things you mention. But my blood check showed arginine and other amino acids are too low. Since then, at first "measure" and then "supplement". And control ADMA level.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#12  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:45 am

Frodo wrote:zarfas
Louis Ignarro reccomends 4 to 6 grams l-arginine per day and 200 to 1,000 mg l-citrulline per day, taken along with the l-arginine, especially to help reverse cardiovascular disease. Ignarro was awarded the Nobel Price in Medicine for his discovery of the importance of nitric oxide to the cardiovascular system, you know.
Many researchers reccomend it too. Expert in Germany is Rainer Böger University Hamburg. If you suffer a heart attack in Heidelberg, you'll get at first injections with arginine.
Especially dieseases like cardiovascular disease, heart failure, stroke or increased blood pressure can be associated with reduced arginine concentration in the blood. I eat all the things you mention. But my blood check showed arginine and other amino acids are too low. Since then, at first "measure" and then "supplement". And control ADMA level.

What is l-citrulline ?

Thx

Ken

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#13  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:54 am

zarfas wrote:
guitarplayer007 wrote:I'm already an expert on McDougall, Esselstyn, Ornish. ... but again Lp and Dr. Don't believe cholesterol is the issue.

already an expert?
so you do what they say to do?
low fat, lots of veggie/fruit?
Hard to believe a lean guy eating mostly veggies/fruit is having chest pain AND is on Pauling therapy??

of course, cholesterol is the issue

Lp(a) is LDL cholesterol +apo-protein

so lower your cholesterol, you are lowering Lp(a)
but
Nitric oxide is also a huge issue that can def help as
as Frodo says https://www.amazon.com/More-Heart-Disea ... 0312335822
Frodo wrote:Guitarplayer

eating foods full of nitrates is better for you than eating foods high in fat
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/90/1/1.full

that forum on HRT I told you to go to, also talks very much about lowering chance of CAD
just they arent all about PT

Nitric oxides
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Increas ... rally.aspx
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Vitamin ... Oxide.aspx

Vitamin C and Nitric Oxide

My Angina is in my face, never had chest pain

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#14  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:57 am

zarfas wrote:a few things
Dr. McDougall Webinar: The Dietary Treatment of Cancer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyRuDpqYuvY

good diet, focus mostly on veggies/fruit, low fat as he shows diets high in fat promote cancer

which is essientally what dr neal barnard says
The studies also show that by adopting a low-fat vegetarian diet—free of all animal products and added vegetable oils—individuals can lower their cholesterol, reduce their blood pressure, and lose weight.
http://www.pcrm.org/media/experts/neal- ... betes-book

WHAT? NO ANIMALPRODUCTS?
well, yeah,
on netflix is WHAT THE health goes into more detail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By3oB-jBGj8

but you already should know from barnard/mcdougall that fat is bad and leads to cancer/diabetes

and more low fat
lyle mcdonald explains in words(not a video) how fat you eat is the fat you wear
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-lo ... -fat.html/

--why does this matter?
because people who are smaller/low bmi, have a low chance of cancer, cad, diabetes

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22530540

so get your protein from eggwhites(loaded with proline/lysine and non fat)
the rest of your diet is veggies/fruit
and the CAD willl get fixed

but add in
(from dr tom levy)
vit k2--all you want
vit D(to a blood level pf 50pg/ml
magnessium-all you want
vit C---al you want

fix hormones(thyroid, testostrone/estrogen)
maybe pull root canals

You get more then enough protein from plants, ask Dr. Mcdoughall..... Or as he says ever see an elephant, hippo eat anything other then plants and they are massive animals

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#15  Post by Frodo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:13 am

L-citrulline is an amino acid and closely related to L-arginine. And is found in many of the same proteinrich foods like arginine (at first red meat, fish, chicken, beans, soy, nuts and also in melons). In your body, L-citrulline is converted into L-arginine, which in turn increases the production of NO (nitric oxide). According to Ignarro you cannot normally consume sufficient amounts in your diet from meals alone. I regular check my blood values of protein and amino acids. And they are to low if I don't supplement. I see, I've no angina,my blood pressure dropped down, raynauld syndrom disappeared, my fingers and feet were no longer cold and so on. Of course I'm also on PT.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”