My Cardiologist wants to switch my statin

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Alafairsmom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: My Cardiologist wants to switch my statin

Post Number:#16  Post by Alafairsmom » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:31 am

Thanks, Johnwen. A few comments: I never have angina at rest, or in the middle of the night/early waking hours. I'm a never smoker, no drug use ever. I HAD a history of migraines and Reynaud's phenomenon in the past. Reynaud's about 40 years ago, migraines stopped about 20 years ago. I will talk to my cardiologist again. His focus at my last visit was angiogram and repatha. I politely declined both, which I have been doing since late last year. Do you know how I might make contact with e-Doc? Does he usually respond to emails? I might live in the state where he has a practice based on some older posts; I think I read he is going to be out of the country for a bit. It would be worth investigating if it might be possible to see him. I will have the conversation about Norvasc with my current doc. Thanks again for your time and education, Johnwen.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#17  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:48 am

Sorry thought you meant me

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#18  Post by francisunderwood » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:15 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:Sorry thought you meant me

I was asking alafairsmom but maybe that was too personal.

Guitarplayer007, your height and weight ratio seems good especially if you carry a lot of muscle.

I suspect that Alafairsmom to be very overweight and that is a major contributor to the health issues. I think you can only do so much with supplementation if other lifestyle choices remain poor.

I have seen this with myself, I tried to convince myself I could be healthy drinking soda and eating cheese daily. It was tough to consume either for me one day and not the next. When I finally got mad and stopped the soda daily I lost 10lbs in a month. I am very slowly adjusting my diet and am losing about a pound per month. Not what most people would consider successful but instead of "dieting" I have changed my eating and drinking habits to things I can do daily. The more I do this the easier it has gotten.

I am 6 ft and weigh 215 and my goal is 180 which is more than the halfway point for me.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#19  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:23 am

That's great, I did the starch solution all plants and complex carbs like potatoes and lost 10% of my weight in 5 months. Unfortunately I didn't like enough things to sustain, but going to try again

Alafairsmom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#20  Post by Alafairsmom » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:17 am

You assume too much. I don't come to this site as frequently as some. 5'5", 145 lbs. Could lose a few pounds but no one has expressed concern about my weight/bmi. I don't eat anything packaged. I drink one cup of decaf a day, otherwise water. No sweeteners, or artificial sweeteners. Nothing that breaks down easily to sugar. You really shouldn't diagnose without facts.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”