Getting started and have a few questions

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

fredrik949

Getting started and have a few questions

Post Number:#1  Post by fredrik949 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:33 am

Hi,

I am a 34 year old male, mainly healthy but I tested high for Lipo Protein a (52mg/dl) back in 2015 and started looking into PT but never followed through with it. I was tested again in May of this year (118nmol/L) and my DR recommended I take niacin to treat it. I followed his advise but found that I would not take it on a regular basis as it is not recommended to take if you had an alcohol in the prior 5 hours and some nights I'll have a drink or two with dinner. So I figured that I would look into PT again. I ordered Vitality C and L-lysine and plan to start with 6g of Vitamin C and 6 g of L lysine. My questions are:

Does my dosage amount seem correct( I am 140lbs)?
Do I also need to add Proline to the mix?
How long should I wait to test my blood again to see if little a has reduced?

On a side not I also tend to get frequent sinus infections(3-4 a year), so I am hoping the high dose of Vitamin C will also help with that.

Thanks in advance.
~Fred

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Getting started and have a few questions

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:30 am

Those are the dosages Linus Pauling first recommended, and I would guess they should be sufficient given your low body weight.

It is interesting that you asked about proline. In our experience, while taking vitamin C and lysine provide relief of symptoms, Lp(a) does not come down until proline is added. We don't know how long but it could take as long as a year.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

tangy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by tangy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:47 pm

Try livon labs Liposomal C for Sinus issues.

fredrik949

Post Number:#4  Post by fredrik949 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:56 pm

ofonorow wrote:Those are the dosages Linus Pauling first recommended, and I would guess they should be sufficient given your low body weight.

It is interesting that you asked about proline. In our experience, while taking vitamin C and lysine provide relief of symptoms, Lp(a) does not come down until proline is added. We don't know how long but it could take as long as a year.

OK I will add Proline to my daily supplementation, what is the recommend dosage of it? same as L-lysine? Also any recommend brands?

fredrik949

Post Number:#5  Post by fredrik949 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:57 pm

tangy wrote:Try livon labs Liposomal C for Sinus issues.

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered a bunch of the vitality C so will give that a shot first but if sinus issues persists I will check out Livon.

confused1
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#6  Post by confused1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:11 am

I'm not the expert but since no one else answered, the dosage of Proline is usually a little less, around 2 grams. You can read many of the recommendations on this forum by browsing topics others have written. I personally have learned a great deal. Good luck!

fredrik949

Post Number:#7  Post by fredrik949 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:04 am

confused1 wrote:I'm not the expert but since no one else answered, the dosage of Proline is usually a little less, around 2 grams. You can read many of the recommendations on this forum by browsing topics others have written. I personally have learned a great deal. Good luck!

Thank you! I am going to revise my dosage to 8g of C 6g of L-lysine and 2g of Proline. I already have the C and lysine, but need to buy the proline, anyone have any recommendations on brands?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”