LPa Treatment Question

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Unheardof

LPa Treatment Question

Post by Unheardof » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Unheardof

Re: LPa Treatment Question

Post by Unheardof » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:54 pm

francisunderwood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by francisunderwood » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:07 pm

I would get a retest and ask if it is calculated or measured. If it is high look into proline.

Unheardof

Post by Unheardof » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 pm

skwoodwiva
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by skwoodwiva » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:18 pm

Are you on a statin?
Main steam medicine ignores LPa.

Unheardof

Post by Unheardof » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:01 am

No, I am not on any prescription drugs.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:13 am

But I would like to have my doctor or cardiologist be on board with working with me on the niacin and finding a correct dosage that is effective.

The question about Lp(a) being a subset of LDL is a good one, but the Lp(a) units were in nmol/l (where 90 is considered normal) and the other numbers are in terms of mass - mg/dl - which are all very good.

You cannot expect your cardiologist to know something they have NEVER been trained in. Since all pharmaceutical drugs, in fact, RAISE lp(a), American doctors haven't a clue, and do not like to be embarrassed by their patients.

The company that I had relied on for accurate Lp(a) measurements in the USA is out of business, probably for the above reasons - no cardiologist really understands anything about Lp(a).

As the Pauling/Rath patents show - if your Lp(a) really is elevated (if you are taking vitamin C consistently, that is doubtful, if not, elevated Lp(a) is likely), the best thing to do with elevated Lp(a) is take Lp(a) Binding Inhibitors - from the Pauling/Rath patents, these are vitamin C, tranexamic acid - a lysine analog that they used to get the first patent, and Niacin. later patents added proline. One patent is for "melting plaques" off organs before transplants.

Use of ascorbate and tranexamic acid (Think Lysine) solution for organ and blood vessel treatment prior to transplantation
http://patft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Par ... PN/5230996
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Unheardof

Post by Unheardof » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:51 am

Unheardof

Post by Unheardof » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:38 am

Unheardof

Post by Unheardof » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:40 pm

Unheardof

Post by Unheardof » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:09 pm

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:10 am

Good question, but first

Also, cut back on egg yokes

The yokes are the most nutritious part of the egg! Almost a complete food, except for vitamin C (which the chicks will be able to make for themselves.) The book that reinforces this point is Roger J Williams THE WONDERFUL WORLD WITHIN YOU... which the Riordan clinic has posted online https://riordanclinic.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/The_Wonderful_World_Within_You.pdf

Linus Pauling, in his book, not only recommends the entire egg, but takes time to point out that there is a feedback system, so that if the intake of cholesterol is too little, the body will make more of its own. Cholesterol has many vital functions, including detoxification. And yes, cholesterol becomes elevated when a person is fighting heart disease, but it is not the cause of the disease, but rather the body's reaction, i.e.,a symptom.

As far as Lp(a) and LDL, yes, Lp(a) is a form (subset) of LDL (with a sticky apo(a) attached to the surface.) Many of the Lp(a) numbers thus appear to be nonsense, perhaps because long ago the FDA allowed labs to "compute" Lp(a), rather than actually measure it. And even measuring it could be misleading, because the size of an Lp(a) molecule can vary, I think Pauling said by a thousand fold. The smaller Lp(a) molecules are more "atherogenic", i.e. more prone to cause the build up of atherosclerotic plaque. So the absolute weight may not be indicative of the risk.

If Lp(a) is present, then again, the Lp(a) binding inhibitors vitamin C, lysine (and proline) would be of value to help prevent the Lp(a) from forming plaques that impede blood flow. Since the Pauling/Rath theory is that these Lp(a)-plaques are acting as surrogates for low vitamin C (which would otherwise strengthen the artery from the increased production of collagen), everything depends on higher doses of vitamin C
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”