German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: German trying to use PT to lower Lp(a) without success

Post Number:#151  Post by zarfas » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:48 am

Frodo wrote:Zarfas
A lot of questions :-)
1. I've no problems with magnesium
2. My lp(a) is at the moment around 100 nmol (ref.value 75 nmol)
3. BMI: 19
4. Body fat: 8%
5. Since around 8 years I eat "paleo"
6. I eat when I feel hungry

thanks for indulging me!
so 100nmol which is high, ou want to be less than 75nmol(<30mg/dl)
https://www.docsopinion.com/health-and- ... protein-a/

you remind me of a guy I knew years ago, whom I played racquetball with, pretty fit/lean guy, had total cholesterol way over 300...

what do you mean you eat "paleo"? that's not very clear to me, what foods make up your diet?
google tells me:
a diet based on the types of foods presumed to have been eaten by early humans, consisting chiefly of meat, fish, vegetables, and fruit, and excluding dairy or grain products and processed food.
so you eat a high fat diet with lots of meat?
I'll ask why eat so much meat?
This study says eating more than 500g of meat increases risk of cancer,
Food sources of nitrates and nitrites: the physiologic context for potential health benefits
https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/90/1/1/4596750
ie
. A systematic review indicated that up to ≈500 g (≈18 oz) weekly of red meat can be consumed without cancer risk. However, review panelists could not determine a safe consumption level for processed meat; cancer risk was shown to increase with any consumption of processed meats based on a meta-analysis of cohort studies showing an increased risk of colorectal cancer with increased intakes of processed meats

then dr mcdougall explains how fat/american diet leads to cancer
look at 9:25 )
Dr. McDougall Webinar: The Dietary Treatment of Cancer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyRuDpqYuvY

and then ornish diet(low fat) has beneifts as this site explains
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Ornish_Diet.aspx

and as the study i referenced explain, a low fat diet increases Nitrix Oxide in the body, which does good things(like boners)

I'm suprised a lean dude like you has a high LpA, since that means you have a higher risk for CAD, since of this survery showing BMI under 25 has a low risk of cancer/.CAD
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22530540

do you lift weights/do cardio?
how old are you?
what is your supplemental routine?

Frodo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#152  Post by Frodo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:13 pm

I was/am an ultra runner. 100 kilometers and more. And collapsed dead in a competition on a short distance (10 km), about 2 years ago. After 10 minutes of reanimation I was back in life. I didn't like heaven.
I ate mostly carbohydrates for many years and obviously I didn't get ebough vitamins and other nutrients. Due to the sport I consumed even more of them. According to Matthias Rath and LP, I think that's the reason for my heart disease and my lp(a).
I didn't and I don't eat a lot of meat. But I have no doubt that the nutrients in the meat have great meaning (you can find a lot of informations in Nina Teichholz's wonderful book "The Big Fat Surprise"- also about the tiny study of Dean Ornish - or Joseph Mercolas "Fat for Fuel" or Gary Taubes "Good Calories - Bad Calories or Robert Lustig's "Fat Chance").
But I prefer fish at least three times a week. A lot of "greens". No refined carbohydrates. Little fruits. I measure regular and fill up with supplements.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#153  Post by zarfas » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:37 pm

Frodo wrote:I was/am an ultra runner. 100 kilometers and more. And collapsed dead in a competition on a short distance (10 km), about 2 years ago. After 10 minutes of reanimation I was back in life. I didn't like heaven.
I ate mostly carbohydrates for many years and obviously I didn't get ebough vitamins and other nutrients. Due to the sport I consumed even more of them. According to Matthias Rath and LP, I think that's the reason for my heart disease and my lp(a).
I didn't and I don't eat a lot of meat. But I have no doubt that the nutrients in the meat have great meaning (you can find a lot of informations in Nina Teichholz's wonderful book "The Big Fat Surprise"- also about the tiny study of Dean Ornish - or Joseph Mercolas "Fat for Fuel" or Gary Taubes "Good Calories - Bad Calories or Robert Lustig's "Fat Chance").
But I prefer fish at least three times a week. A lot of "greens". No refined carbohydrates. Little fruits. I measure regular and fill up with supplements.

at 8% you have no fat to lose, so you are trying to drop your lpa, right? have you made any progress?

so you are a fan of gary taubes? my dad is a diabetic and believed, like gary, that since fat has little insulin response, it must be good but.. no, high fat diet has many perils.

when he was only getting worse(higher a1c), i got him eat on mcdougualls starch diet(and mcdougal explains why a high fat diet leads to disease.

my dad he was never a huge red meat guy, fish, a few times a week, non-farm rasied salmon.,, even that I balk at, heavy metals and such...but my parents eat 2lbs of broccoli/day......

i wonder what would happen if you use a nitrate stripes?
Hach 2745425 Nitrate and Nitrite Test Strips
https://www.amazon.com/Hach-2745425-Nit ... B00R3EQFDM

to measure the Nitrix oxide in your blood, The strips measure nitrite and nitric oxide in the saliva, not nitrate
Q/A about the strips and what they mean
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Nitric_Oxide_Test.aspx

vegerarian diet helps against CAD, I'd give it a whirl if I were you....right?

Frodo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#154  Post by Frodo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:18 am

zarfas
Thanks for your advice, but I have no interest in mcdougualls or starch or vegetarian dieting. I feel very good and my blood values are also optimal (except for lp(a).

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#155  Post by zarfas » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:52 am

Frodo wrote:zarfas
Thanks for your advice, but I have no interest in mcdougualls or starch or vegetarian dieting. I feel very good and my blood values are also optimal (except for lp(a).

yeah, I think you are doing fine, as is EXCEPT For the lp(a).
do you have any symptoms of CAD or any heart disease? maybe the high LpA is a fluck/bad test?
I'm suprised a lean guy, who (I assume) lifts weights/cardio) has high Lp(A).

has Lp(A) gone up or down since starting Pauling Therapy?

Frodo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#156  Post by Frodo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:51 pm

zarfas
Since starting PT my lp(a) dropped down.Not enough. But I think PT is working. Look at my post number 142 refer to cholesterol. Dr. Rath says it's the same with lp(a). I'll see.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#157  Post by zarfas » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:59 pm

Frodo wrote:zarfas
Since starting PT my lp(a) dropped down.Not enough. But I think PT is working. Look at my post number 142 refer to cholesterol. Dr. Rath says it's the same with lp(a). I'll see.

so am I to understand that you are on PT, and think your total cholestrol went up as PT releases cholestrol from the walls of ateries(which means lp(a) goes up, since lp(a) is ldl-cholestrol (plus others stuff)

refresh what is your regimine like?
how much AA
how much lipo C?
how much k2
how much niacin
how much lysine/proline
anything else?

how old are you?
are you on HRT? I ask cause at 8 % bodyfat, very, nearly 0 leptin(which comes from fat cells) your hormones are crashed, like Testosterone,etc) and I'm sure that plays a role in your health
low testosterone =higher heart disease, but since obesity causes increase artomatase and that lowers testostrone, so obesity causes increase of CAD, I'm not 100% on that
I do know low T will cause increase diabetes, etc

so have you had a hormone check??

Frodo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#158  Post by Frodo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:57 pm

All my hormone levels are very, very good. My testosterone total is 6,17 ng/ml (ref. value 0,86-7,66). My free testosterone is 14,71 pg/ml (ref. value 2,50-17,80). :D
All regulary checked by a leading german hormone expert. He always says: incredible. And your values? Aren't they so good?
So, I forgot to say. I'm 70 years young. Oh sorry. Just looked at my watch. It's time. I have to start to my boxing training.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#159  Post by zarfas » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:56 pm

yeah, bro, sure

Frodo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#160  Post by Frodo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:25 am

Another interesting article, if you've got stents (I have 4 stents) by german doctor Ulrich Strunz.
https://www.strunz.com/de/news/stent.html
Unfortunately again only in german (But I think, you can translate it, for example with deepl translator)
Ulrich Strunz says: Run for your life. He said it to me 6 years ago. And I did so. I think it has saved my life.

zarfas
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#161  Post by zarfas » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:03 pm

Frodo wrote:And the opinion of the doctors? They always say "it's genetic", if they don't know. And that is unfortunately quite often. According Andrew Saul and Steve Hickey: "Fire Your Doctor"!

MD seem to want to help, but stick to what they were trained to "know/do"

a few of my MD friends tell me they forget basic phyisiology and just know what they were trained andif they do that , then they can't be sued, etc

Frodo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#162  Post by Frodo » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:28 pm

zarfas
You are right. But it's almost midnight in germany. I'll write tomorrow, a funny story...

Frodo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#163  Post by Frodo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:39 am

zarfas
Yes, the doctors have to protect themselves. That's why I had to sign a declaration before my heart catheter, that the procedure could cause a heart attack, stroke or even death. OK, pharmaceutical companies must of course also protect themselves. That is why the package inserts of drugs point out all the side effects: for example kidney failure, shortness of breath, impotence, inflammation of the liver, weakness of the heart muscle and so on, even possible death. The doctors say, you mustn't read it. They only protect themselves. OK. But who is actually protecting us? Would we take our car to the garage if we were told that the car could suffer total damage during repair? Or if they say: "The oil change has the side effect that the car no longer functions properly afterwards? I think we would never ever do that.
But why the devil, do we accept this for our bodies...?

Frodo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#164  Post by Frodo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:42 am

I remembered an interesting article by Chris Michalk (edubily): „How sick hearts could heal“. Unfortunately only in german (But I think google or deepl translater can help).
edubily/de/2016/11/wie-kranke-herzen-heilen-koennten/
Since 1 1/2 year I do so in addition to PT. And for myself it works.

Frodo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#165  Post by Frodo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:44 am

Return to “Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”