Very High Blood Pressure

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Very High Blood Pressure

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:31 am

Dear Owen,
I am 27, a citizen of Tanzania. I recently diagnosed with high blood
pressure. I felt very desperate in the Doctor's room. It was 180/114mmHg! I
did several tests including ECG, ECHO and Utra-sound but my Doctor did not
find anything. Everything was normal! He could say nothing other than that i
have inherite the disease from my parents. I couldnt agree but i had no
choice. Pahaps my doctor knew what is going on within my body but he didnt
tell me. He advised me to take pressure medication and told me if i dont
take them i could get heart attack or stroke soon in the future! I started
taking medication from that day until now. I turned myself to the internet
to find out what is the real cause of hypertension. I found a lot. I lost
hope to find out that with current medication it is impossible to cure
hypertension and any cardiovascular condition. But thank God that i found
your website and the Pauling therapy. In my country it is hard to find the
right dose of pauling therapy. I started taking vitamin c alone(100mg). I
take 60 tablets everyday. It is very hard to swallow those tablets but they
give me a little relief with my chest pain. Its almost three weeks since i
started vitamin c. Also its hard to get lysine in order to complete the
right dose. Please Doctor help me how to get the right dose of Pauling
therapy. I am willing to pay all the expenses including products and
shipping to my country. I need to help people of my country too. People who
are suffering from cardiovascular disease. It is ten months since i first
diagnosed with hypertension. I am a little good in health but soon i will
decline. I hope you will help me !

6000 vitamin C is start of Pauling's therapeutic range.
See this post to compute your probable minimum dosage - and double it.
http://vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7593
You should try to get between 3000 and 6000 extra lysine daily too. The more the better.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

mbrokof
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Very High Blood Pressure

Post Number:#2  Post by mbrokof » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:12 am

Hello Owen,

Thank you for that link and the forum. My neighbour has high blood pressure for 30y now. She started C around 6 weeks ago with 5g/day of Sodium Ascorbate only. Some 7 days ago or so after reading Pauling's letter she increased to 15g divided in several doses. Still her blood pressure is up 200/10x a day. Would the lysin-factor makes a huge difference in it as well? Her blood pressure goes up and down but last was the value yesterday. Last week it was temporarily 150/80 or so but went up again.

Could it also be eating too much sugar causing it? She couldn't really tell me where it was coming from.

Best Regards
Matthias

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:55 am

She should stay on the vitamin C, but yes, in theory, lysine could be an important anti-high blood pressure factor.

The reason medicine measures blood pressure (according to the class I audited) is because a small narrowing of the artery causes an exponential increase in blood pressure. Measuring blood pressue thus is an indirect means of measuring arterial narrowing.

So as the health of the arteries improves, blood pressure will go down.

Lysine (and arginine) seem to have an immediate affect because of the production of NO - (Nitrous Oxide from memory) and can have the same affect as a Nitro Glycerin patch - expanding the arteries, perhaps by relaxing the muscles on the arterial wall.

Now, high blood pressure in the doctor's office is normal - from our fight or flight response, which releases adrenalin, and the resulting higher blood pressure pushes nutrients into cells during emergencies.

If blood pressure is constantly high - there is probably arterial calcification. In this case, adding a good vitamin K (with K2) is recommended, to help resolve the calcium from soft tissues back into bones.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

mbrokof
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#4  Post by mbrokof » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:58 pm

Thanks Owen. I'll let her know about it. Hope that helps.

Kind Regards
Matthias

PS Recently read your self-experiment on common cold liked it :D Will come back with some I had last time.

mbrokof
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#5  Post by mbrokof » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:57 am

One more. Could it be that high Vit B causes that as well to have high blood pressure. She started some days ago and thinks it went up since then. She stopped it now to see. It's B-50 form Lamperts.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:21 pm

Do not understand. Did you not indicate that a) she has had high blood pressure for 30 years, and that b) fairly high dose sodium ascorbate has not controlled it?

If I didn't already say vitamin K - vitamin K(2)!

Drugs more likely to be the issue than a B vitamin complex (but who knows what fillers are in the pills).
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

mbrokof
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#7  Post by mbrokof » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi Owen,

No, she had it for 30 years but started C only some weeks ago with 5 g and appr. 2 weeks ago with 15g per day. Well it goes up and down and starting with B it went up again. Yes you mentioned K, I told her that already. When it goes up that high she takes Nitro to get it down. I don't know if that might the reason that her body fights. These are the B's I am was talking about http://www.lambertshealthcare.co.uk/vit ... lex-p8029/

Do you think that K might be appropriate:

http://www.lambertshealthcare.co.uk/vit ... lex-p8145/

Best Regards

jozzee
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#8  Post by jozzee » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:54 pm

If sugar is a regular part of your diet then be aware that sugar causes inflammation of the arteries and any inflammation of the arteries DOES affect high blood pressure. Inflammation is also the direct cause of heart disease.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by Johnwen » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Inflammation is also the direct cause of heart disease.

Could you please clarify this statement and give some references that aren't financed by some Big pharma statin maker.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

jozzee
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#10  Post by jozzee » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:29 pm

Could you please clarify this statement and give some references that aren't financed by some Big pharma statin maker.

Statin makers claim that cholesterol is the direct cause of heart disease which is a lie.
http://www.preventdisease.com/news/12/0 ... ease.shtml
"The discovery a few years ago that inflammation in the artery wall is the real cause of heart disease is slowly leading to a paradigm shift in how heart disease and other chronic ailments will be treated."

"Simply stated, without inflammation being present in the body, there is no way that cholesterol would accumulate in the wall of the blood vessel and cause heart disease and strokes. Without inflammation, cholesterol would move freely throughout the body as nature intended. It is inflammation that causes cholesterol to become trapped.

Inflammation is not complicated -- it is quite simply your body's natural defence to a foreign invader such as a bacteria, toxin or virus. The cycle of inflammation is perfect in how it protects your body from these bacterial and viral invaders. However, if we chronically expose the body to injury by toxins or foods the human body was never designed to process,a condition occurs called chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation is just as harmful as acute inflammation is beneficial."

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#11  Post by studentroland » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:28 am

I can´t undo the post...how do I delete it? someone?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by Johnwen » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:13 am

However, if we chronically expose the body to injury by toxins or foods the human body was never designed to process,a condition occurs called chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation is just as harmful as acute inflammation is beneficial."

So to summerize, what your saying here is inflammation is a reaction and not the causitive factor it's something that happens as a result of a causitive action so it's not the problem.
The problem is, as you will learn in the following link, a break down of connective tissue within the lining of the arteries. Why and how is outlined.

http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1 ... 1-p005.pdf

The inflammation theroy and the cholesterol theroy are products of big pharma in their push of statins. These are what is know as the Fireman theroies that goes like this. If a person everytime they see a house burning, they see fireman there. As such, it must be the fireman that cause the fire! Same logic that the medical wizards use to sell their useless money makers!!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:30 am

"Simply stated, without inflammation being present in the body, there is no way that cholesterol would accumulate in the wall of the blood vessel and cause heart disease and strokes. Without inflammation, cholesterol would move freely throughout the body as nature intended. It is inflammation that causes cholesterol to become trapped.

I have noticed that your posts on the statin drug scam are accurate and I agree with your assessment of these drugs!

However, Linus Pauling and Matthias Rath explained how "cholesterol accumulates on the wall of a blood vessel" in their Unified Theory paper
: http://www.drrathresearch.org/research/publications/leading-publications/97-unified-theory-of-human-cardiovascular-disease-leading-the-way-to-the-abolition-of-this-disease-as-a-cause-for-human-mortality.html

In a nutshell, only a subfraction of LDL called Lp(a) adheres to (damaged) arterial walls via the lysine binding sites on these molecules of "cholesterol." And only after strands of the collagen matrix (lysine and proline residues) become exposed after the wall cracks.

Pauling and Rath invented Lp(a) binding inhibitors - completely nontoxic substances required for life in smaller amounts - to neutralize the lysine binding sites on Lp(a) - with consistent positive results ever since the first cases back in the early 1990s described by Pauling himself in his lectures (on Video).

In Dr. Levy's wonderful book STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER, the author speculates that "inflammation" which brings white blood cells to the site of injury, may be natures way of bringing ascorbate to the injury, as white blood cells are among the cells with the highest concentration of vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

musashie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#14  Post by musashie » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:29 am

ofonorow wrote:Do not understand. Did you not indicate that a) she has had high blood pressure for 30 years, and that b) fairly high dose sodium ascorbate has not controlled it?

If I didn't already say vitamin K - vitamin K(2)!

Drugs more likely to be the issue than a B vitamin complex (but who knows what fillers are in the pills).

I had posted the below message on a different thread . However I assume from Owens reply above Sodium Ascorbate is not an issue.

I understand the benfits of buffered C but my question was is there a reason that anyone knows why Dr Pauling suggests the following -

Linus Pauling Recommendations
1. Take 6,000 to 18,000 mg of vitamin C as ascorbic
acid daily (some of the vitamin may be taken as sodium
ascorbate) up to bowel tolerance (6 to 18 g).

Is there a reason that 'some' may be taken as SA. Why not all?
But then it is stated - (some of the vitamin may be taken as sodium
ascorbate) up to bowel tolerance (6 to 18 g)..............Which seems to contradict that only some may be taken as SA.

I am in the process of starting someone on the Vit C Pprotocol for atherosclerosis. They also have high blood pressure.
Is the Sodium Ascorbate an issue in cases of high blood pressure......

This is the only info I could find re this

"One disadvantage of sodium ascorbate is its sodium content. Upon ingestion, the compound into broken into two components: the ascorbate that acts as functional vitamin C, and a sodium ion. As a result, consuming sodium ascorbate counts toward your sodium intake for the day, and excess consumption of both sodium ascorbate and sodium-containing processed foods may lead to high blood pressure over time, according to the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University. If you already suffer from high blood pressure, limit your intake of sodium ascorbate, or consider taking a different type of vitamin C supplement".

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#15  Post by ofonorow » Sun May 20, 2018 7:50 am

Is there a reason that 'some' may be taken as SA. Why not all?
But then it is stated - (some of the vitamin may be taken as sodium
ascorbate) up to bowel tolerance (6 to 18 g)..............Which seems to contradict that only some may be taken as SA.

Two late experts (Pauling and Cathcart) recommended ascorbic acid orally.
Most of the PT products rely exclusively on ascorbic acid, the most common form of vitamin C. (AA is a "weak" acid on the order of a cola drink.)
Two newer experts (Levy and Jaffe) seem to rely exclusively on the alkaline forms of vitamin C, e.g. sodium ascorbate. (In fairness, neither of the new experts is focused on heart disease.)
While we can understand the attraction of the Alkaline form that does not irritate the bottom of the throat (and thus won't irritate GERD like AA can (think of GERD as pain after swallowing), our experience with the Pauling therapy is almost exclusively using ascorbic acid. (So SA and liposomal, which may have a strong positive effect, are simply unknowns w/r to chronic scurvy - aka heart disease.)

I understand the BIOAVAILABILITY OF VITAMIN C paper, put together after experiments documented here at this forum, will be published in the June issue of the Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine. The "news" (at least to people who don't monitor this forum) is that at least for one diabetic (me) ascorbic acid levels peaked in the blood in only 3 MINUTES! And this surprising high level, higher than the IV/C used to baseline, was already gone around minute 15. On the other hand, sodium ascorbate levels remained low, and this form of vitamin C must travel down the GI Tract to be absorbed per usual, leaving more opportunity for the vitamin C to break down in the gut. The theory is that ascorbic acid, as a weak organic acid, can pass through the stomach wall when stomach acid levels are high.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”