Just wathed Rath video again, very sad

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Just wathed Rath video again, very sad

Post Number:#16  Post by maryclaire » Sun May 20, 2018 10:50 am

Guitar player, I am reading a book by Levy and he highlights how important dental health is to reversing CVD...could this be something that’s holding back your progress? Wishing you the best in whatever you choose.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#17  Post by guitarplayer007 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:02 am

Yes I've heard about but not taking all my filling and 2 root canals. I remember when Owen first emailed me personally cause I said this vitamin c therapy is bs. But I started watching and reading and it seemed to make sense. But again it may work for very early stages of CVD, but definitely won't work for advanced disease. Even according to Rath. So I have to go plant based. I'll continue to take some C but not spending 200 a month on all the supplements.
Thanks

Ken

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#18  Post by jimmylesante » Mon May 21, 2018 3:57 am

Yes I've heard about but not taking all my filling and 2 root canals. I remember when Owen first emailed me personally cause I said this vitamin c therapy is bs. But I started watching and reading and it seemed to make sense. But again it may work for very early stages of CVD, but definitely won't work for advanced disease. Even according to Rath. So I have to go plant based. I'll continue to take some C but not spending 200 a month on all the supplements.
Thanks

Ken

Ken i think you highlight an important point. Like statins are not a panacea, nor is vitamin C. We mustn't make the mistake medicine has and expect one pill to fix everything.
You need to amongst other things
1)Eat healthy-plant based/whole foods- hope you are ingesting the good stuff or go IV. Or even try fasting
2)Exercise
3)Stop drinking/smoking/crack cocaine etc avoid extrinisic toxins
4)sleep well and don't stress

Vitamin C has it's place but it would be fool hardy to rely solely on it when we are a multicomplex organism.
Go and get well.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#19  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:20 am

Thanks, I don't do drugs or smoke. I am exercising. The hard part is changing or diet and not eating animal protein. But I have to give it 100% again on the plant based diet if I am to survive. Yes I was expecting miracles from vitamin, but my hunch was right from the get go, CVD is much more complex then just taking supplements to cure.
Thanks for your support
Ken

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#20  Post by jimmylesante » Mon May 21, 2018 7:26 am

I saw your other post where you share your vitamins and blood tests.
Your homocysteine at 13 is far to high and shows you are eating far too much animal protein, or conversely not enough vitamin B's to counteract the homocysteine. There is hypothesis that the homocysteine oxidises the cholesterol to make it badder than bad.

Patrick Holford UK i think recommends homocysteine to be around 7. Personally my homocysteine went from 14 down to 10 in 2 weeks just from eating plant food and one day a week animal protein my insulin resistance figures dropped 70% in two weeks as well.
I have started plant based again and either eat animal protein once a week on Friday or Sunday but no longer 3-5 times a day!! Sugar is also not on the list.

My advice to you would be carry on with what you are doing, keep taking vitamin C and DMSO and start a plant based diet and also juice for 30 days so that you can catch up on the good stuff you may be deficient in.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#21  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:34 am

What's DMSO?

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#22  Post by jimmylesante » Mon May 21, 2018 11:49 am

DiMethyl Sulfoxide
"that it reduces the incidence of heart attacks or angina pain. It has been credited with preventing damage to heart muscle when tested in animal experiments. As with its use in stroke, DMSO may be lifesaving if employed early in heart attacks. Investigation is continuing.

Walker, Morton. Dmso: Nature's Healer (p. 5). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#23  Post by guitarplayer007 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:39 pm

But it's not a drug correct? Can I buy it though life extension?

Thanks

Ken

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#24  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:44 am

The supplements in Owens book and Raths book on curing heart disease

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#25  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Tue May 22, 2018 4:40 am

guitarplayer007 wrote:The supplements in Owens book and Raths book on curing heart disease

I noticed that you have been using the LE Super K. Did you know that 2 independent tests, one in the USA and one in Europe showed that Super K had very low levels of bioactive vitamin K2? It did have largely cis form rather than the active trans form. That was while I was using it which is difficult to judge without extensive searching through notes. It was something like 12-18 months back. I checked the LE website for super K and it now states that the vit K2-mk7 is now all trans form. It certainly was not until they were outed about how poor their supplement was and that people were only getting a small fraction of active MK7 from their product. I have lost faith in LE since that became known because they totally disregard their customers health IMO, profit is more important. I personally take higher amounts of vit K2, both MK7 (2 to 3mg/day) and MK4 (10 to 15mg/day)

DMSO is only really used for animals from what I was reading before I purchased some :twisted: The less pure it is the more that it can make the skin smell. It is similar to garlic in that respect.

I would say that your elevated homocysteine could be due to a lack of nutrients used to eliminate homocysteine. You probably think that you consume enough but without considering what happens when digestive permeability rises which it can as a person ages. Any autoimmune illness such as asthma etc all have Increased Digestive Permeability. Nutrient requirements skyrocket when this occurs and can lead to problems with insufficient to carry out essential processes such as eliminating homocysteine leading to disease and increased ageing ie Glutathione being used up attempting to detox and check inflammatory processes. This is my theory on how disease occurs and is so far unrealised by science because they look at isolated things without considering the whole picture. I would doubt that even a Normal figure for Digestive Permeability is truly normal and is in fact elevated. Research suggests that what is the cause, is considered "normal". That is until someone else finally questions this. I am not expecting that to happen for many years. The current spiel is that tight junctions are the cause of Increased Digestive Permeability aka incorrectly as Leaky Gut. That is not where the problem lies, it is caused by infections and their biofilms. These are highly resistant micro-organisms which most antibiotics will not destroy. This is based upon over 4 years of my research, experience and attempts to destroy them. I can eliminate their biofilm which provides a strong protection but even without that I have not yet been able to destroy them. 36 years they have survived so far.

I would say that you are most likely in a similar position and it is this what is contributing most to your circulatory disease.

Taking the required nutrients to help control homocysteine would help in the short term. Restoring digestive function is the only long term answer IMO otherwise you are only going to head down the same road.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#26  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:16 am

So what are your recommendations?
Have you ever watched Ornish or Esselstyn? The increased blood perfusion in the heart in just a few weeks is quite stunning to say the least?

Frodo
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#27  Post by Frodo » Tue May 22, 2018 9:19 am

guitarplayer
Paul Taylor from the Rath Team answered: The video cannot be easily be summarized in a single sentence or two. You must watch the complete video.

I did it. And I found you‘re right. Dr. Rath said „It‘s impossible in advanced stages“.
I never read or heard it before. In the contrary.
Therefore I asked Paul Taylor resp. Dr. Rath once again.
I‘ll report.

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#28  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:55 am

I'm not doing plant based and had a stent in 2009 with 70 block. But my calcium score as of April 2017 was 1000

maryclaire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#29  Post by maryclaire » Tue May 22, 2018 10:50 am

Ken, do you have a lot of grains and sugar in your diet?

guitarplayer007
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#30  Post by guitarplayer007 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:57 am

I used to have a lot of sugar as in refined carbs...

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”