my fathers heart

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

my fathers heart

Post Number:#1  Post by sweetjames » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:29 pm

My Father is 83 years old, he had tripple bypass 8 years ago due to blockage. before donig the bypass surgery they did an angeogram to conclude he needed the bypass, during the procedure a piece of plaque was blocken loose and went to his kiddneys, this caused blood flow to be cut off and did alot of damage to his kiddneys, he now only has 30 persent kiddney funcion, he has to get a shot for his kiddneys every other month, For the last 6 or 8 months he has been having chest pain, its getting worse and more often as time goes by. he has been taken by ambulance to the hospital because the pain was so bad in the middle of the night. When at the hospital the doctor wanted to do another Angeogram, but i told him about the first one and strongly made my concerns known and asked to please try it another way. They went along with that and changed some of his med,s and sent him home. Since then he has been taking 10,000 mg vitamin c and 5,000 mg L Lysine. every day along with his meds. The chest pain is still getting worse and more often. My father is now talking about having another angeogram, we are all very worried about this because of what happened the first time. I appreciate any advise or comments on this, i am very concerned about my father.

DonHarry

Re: my fathers heart

Post Number:#2  Post by DonHarry » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:53 am

Is he at bowel tolerance with the Vitamin C, and what form of Vitamin C is he taking e.g. Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Ascorbate etc

Might be worth adding a few grams of proline in per day as well.

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#3  Post by sweetjames » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:53 am

He was at his tolerence level at 18,000 so we have gone done to 10,000 and are working our way back up, some times he forgets to take them. the vitamin c i buy for him is the best and most costly at the vitamin shop i buy them from. , brand name, solgar, it says they are vegetable capsules, 1000 mg each L ascorbic acid. I would like to add some to my Fathers heart history i left out in my statement. At age 37 my father had a heart attack, he recovered fully and lived an healthy life after. As a result of the heart attack he had a anerisum, a bubble expanding from his heart that they found when they went in for the bypass, at age 75, they cut it out of his heart and sewed it up,with stiching simular to a marble bag pull string type. they told him a portion of his heart is dead and not functioning. since his bypass he has done well until recently. Thank you for your response, i will add proline to his suppliments today, i saw that in the book practiceing meds without a licsense.

DonHarry

Post Number:#4  Post by DonHarry » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:50 am

Would it not be easier to buy a powder form of Vitamin C, rather than have him take 10 caps a day? I don't know enough about heart physiology to comment on his chest pain, but i know that most angina patients that try the Pauling Therapy report very good results indeed. It is interesting that he is at little relief after 10,000mg of C per day but perhaps it is wise to increase his dosage to just below bowel tolerance, around the 16-17,000mg mark? Chest pain could be more surgery related. Best to wait until Dr Fonorow or someone with good knowledge of this subject to comment. Didn't want you to think you were being ignored, hence my two cents. :)

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:29 am

How long was he taking the 10,000 mg of vitamin C and 5,000 mg of lysine? That doages should be sufficient to provide short-term relief in most people, however the kidney failure complicates any advice and I agree that with any potential kidney problem, he should be taking pure vitamin C, no fillers, etc.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#6  Post by sweetjames » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:36 pm

thanks for the response,s, he has been taking those doses for abot a month and a half, he wasnt consistent for over half that time, he has been on time every time for the last three weeks, since yesterday he is also takeing L-Proline, he has just imformed me he hasent had any pain for the last two nights, he scheduled an angeogram with his doctor for monday of next week. im wondering if we should wait a little longer for the vitamin c etc.. to take affect? other ingredients listed on the vitamin c capsules he is taking are,vegetable cellulose, vegetable magnesium, Stearate, water, may contain vegetable glycerin, that is the total of what it says under other ingredients. thank you very much for descussing this with me, all imput is appreciated much.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:36 am

Linus Pauling advised not skipping vitamin C - "even for a single day" - and I believe it is unwise not to be consistent, as you say, especially w/r to cardiovascular disease.

I would also add a good natural vitamin E (at least 400 iu) and let us know what happens during the next week or so upon consistent usage.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#8  Post by sweetjames » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:38 pm

thanks for that advise, i have been trying to get my father to be consistant for awhile now, as the pain has been getting worse and more often he has finally gotten serrious about this, i bought him pure vitamin c powder today and he will be taking 1700 mg a day consistently, along with 5000mg L_Lysine, as well as 5000mg L-Proline, i will now add the vitamin E to his intake, the advise is very much appreciated, thanks so much.

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#9  Post by sweetjames » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 pm

i was just reading on the L-Proline-L-Lysine page and it was mentioed that there possibly is an safety issue with proline for bypass patients who had vein graphs, is this true, i am giving my father 5000mg L-Proline a day along with the L-Lysine vitamin C and vitamin E, and he had tripple bypass 8 years ago with vein graphs?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:12 am

sweetjames wrote:thanks for that advise, i have been trying to get my father to be consistant for awhile now, as the pain has been getting worse and more often he has finally gotten serrious about this, i bought him pure vitamin c powder today and he will be taking 1700 mg a day consistently, along with 5000mg L_Lysine, as well as 5000mg L-Proline, i will now add the vitamin E to his intake, the advise is very much appreciated, thanks so much.

I hope you missed a zero in the vitamin C dosage (17,000 not 1700). In general, I would not take more lysine than vitamin C. Roughly equal up to 6000 mg, then more vitamin C to bowel tolerance as required.

I would not recommend proline at that amount, probably 2500 is the maximum daily amount, and I know the Tower HeartTechnology formula was around 400 mg per serving with fantastic results. The standard 2 servings was 800 mg.

I would probably limit proline supplementation to at most 1 gram until the issues are resolved. Pauling himself (on the video lecture) only recommended vitamin C and lysine.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#11  Post by sweetjames » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:47 pm

indeed i missed a zero, he is taking 17,000 vitamin C. thanks for the proline info. i now have him taking 1,000 mg proline and 4,000 mg lysine, i bought the powder form of L-Lysine thinking this would be better than capsles, im thinking about just buying the drink mix you offer, i looked at them and am wondering which one would be most compatable with my fathers intake, thanks so much for the advise

sweetjames
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#12  Post by sweetjames » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:48 am

GREAT NEWS! My Father had an angeogram today, they said all of his arteries are clear, no blockage at all. The vitamin c, lysine, proline, vitamin E has really done the trick, i am so thankful about finding out about this, the doctor said the pain isnt from blockage and therefore my father isnt at risk of a heart attack, he said it might have something to do with his kiddneys not functioning all the way and that there might be some water back up from that and could be causeing the pain, im wondering what roll vitamin c etc. can play in helping with this, or what other vitamins might be of help. also i would like to know if i should keep him at the same high levels or is he now at a point where a lower amount for matinence will be better. i told the doctor about the vitamin c etc. and he said keep taking what ever you are taking, it works. Thanks so much for all the advise, you have been a huge help to us.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by ofonorow » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:58 am

That is great news for an 83-year-old man, and I would be careful not to change anything drastically. Re: Kidneys, from Pauling, who suffered a usually fatal kidney disorder himself in his 40s, your father should drink plenty of water (reduces the work the kidneys have to do) and limit his protein intake.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

BIOHazard87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#14  Post by BIOHazard87 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:18 am

Just wondering Owen, why is no fillers so important?
Owen wrote:Well, Your doctor learns what he thinks he knows from drug companies.

DonHarry

Post Number:#15  Post by DonHarry » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Because of the existing kidney problems. Fillers create more work for them, and at high doses could be a problem. Large amounts of pure ascorbic acid will be ok though.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”