Court

This is meant to be a legal record, and not an interactive forum. But if members do have questions, they may ask them as it means that something is not clear. The outcome of the criminal investigations may have National Implications. I was falsely imprisoned and tortured, as will be documented in this forum.

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

Forum rules
The forum will be moderated and only clarification questions will be allowed.
ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Court

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue May 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Today was a good day. With the help of a Chicago attorney experienced in these matters, I was able to file an Emergency Petition to Preserve Evidence myelf - Pro Se. The court date is set for May 24th at 9:00 am. I don't know whether my petition to preserve the ICU video of me will be granted, but it seems like a minor miracle to have the date before the tapes are set to be reused.
https://www.vitamincfoundation.org/pdfs/MatthewCrossNoticeofMotion-05-22-2018.pdf

I also created a linkedIn account to message the good doctor the following notice just now.

Dear Dr. Cross,
I tried to hand deliver a Dupage circuit court notice of my Emergency Petition to Preserve the video of me from the period April 26, 2018 to May 3rd, 2018. The nurse would not take me to your office, but did put the court document in your mail box. This message is also notice that the court date is Thursday, May 24th, 9 a.m in courtroom 2005. I put a copy of both documents online https://www.vitamincfoundation.org/pdfs ... 2-2018.pdf
I look forward to seeing you or your attorneys on Thursday. The court is in Dupage County building 505. The documents are publicly filed.
Owen Fonorow
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

dectiri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Court

Post Number:#2  Post by dectiri » Wed May 23, 2018 1:00 pm

WOW that was good! Congratulations!! You are making history all over again, as this case is clearly important for justice to patients. Less than paper in strength, but crucial, really crucial evidence... ttys

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri May 25, 2018 5:47 am

Interesting day. Although the court denied my request because my motion was filed without benefit of a complaint or existing case, the attorney for the hospital had stated to the judge that the hospital didn't have a problem with preserving the video.

As I was driving to the court house to file the required complaint against the hospital, a little birdie called. The video taken of me is part of my medical record, and must have been used to diagnose me - since I wasn't examined (other than answering 3 or 4 questions.) There is a federal law that I am entitled to all my medical records. I went to the hospital medical records department, with a witness, and demanded a copy of the video. They had me sign a release and said that they will send the request to the "appropriate department."
https://www.vitamincfoundation.org/pdfs/0524181557.jpg

Excellent overview of both the HIPAA and Illinois law regarding my access to my medical records:

http://cyrss.com/docs/hipaa/StateHIP/il.pdf

My rights include:

• Amend your medical record by having information added to it.
You have the right to have information added to your medical record to make it
more complete or accurate. This right is called the right to amend your record.

• File a complaint.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S.
Department of Health and Human Services if you believe your health care provider
has violated your right to see, get a copy of, or amend your medical record. You can
also file a complaint with the state agency that regulates your health care provider.

• Sue in state court to get your medical record.
Under Illinois law, you have the right to sue in Illinois Circuit Court to obtain your
medical record.

My provider makes personal notes about patients. Do I have a right to get these notes?
Probably. You have the right to get a provider’s personal notes about you if the notes
are used to make decisions about you.

Added, a hospital attorney did email me with written assurance that they will not destroy the video.
Owen R. Fonorow, Follow #OWENRFONOROW at twitter

dectiri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by dectiri » Fri May 25, 2018 5:37 pm

Excellent! As for the right to amend the record, should that be your wish, we saw that such amendments are overseen by a hospital lawyer and such persons have no desire for you to make corrections that would enhance your chances of getting through court with a filing for damages (which you did not file yet due to this side trip that looks promising), regardless of the truth or even for a witnessed claim.... and we have seen insane explanations foisted on the public to deny any 'amendment' by such lawyers.... now what would happen if you persisted on that path to challenge their denial, I have no clue, as we were not so informed as you have been... best as always... ttyl

Return to “OWEN'S INVOLUNTARY INCARCERATION AND FALSE IMPRISONMENT”